PDA

View Full Version : Question Would you rather

BigDickAsian
26-01-2018, 01:04 AM
Would you rather spend $X per year on punting?
or
Would you rather put that same $X into an investment earning 8% and keep doing that for the next 9 years at which point the investment will be giving you $X per year that you can spend on punting until you die?

Brothelcreeper
26-01-2018, 08:02 AM
Live for the moment so spend it all now. You can't take it with you

http://forum.aus99.com/showthread.php?72810-Punterman-s-2017-year-in-review

faruk
26-01-2018, 12:37 PM
not many investments will give you 8% confidently without significant risks

BigDickAsian
26-01-2018, 01:06 PM
not many investments will give you 8% confidently without significant risks
Just for arguments sake let’s say there is one with a high level of confidence. Would you or wouldn’t you?

faruk
26-01-2018, 01:10 PM
depends how old I was too, if I was early 20s then yeah because I can wait, but if I'm 60s then nah

BigDickAsian
27-01-2018, 11:32 PM
Do both, improve your earning capacity
Invest some, and punt some

Its never a choice of one of another, unless you cant afford punting
If you cant afford punting, then obviously the choice is no punting

But everyone can afford punting, even if just once a month, once a year whatever

Punting must have lots of nonfinancial benefit, icluding less stress and higher wellbeing

What if you can’t improve your earning capacity or you’re just really lazy coz to improve would take effort on your behalf to learn more or do more.
I’m some ways I think to myself that I can’t afford to punt because I know that if I stick the money into my investment that I will be better off in the long run.

rooter
29-01-2018, 05:47 PM
I tend to go for instant gratification.
If someone said to me I will give you $1,000 now or $10,000 in 6 months time, I would take the $1,000 now.
Maybe is not the most sensible or rational or wise decision but I am what i am.

AHLUNGOR
29-01-2018, 06:04 PM
The motto is : you only live once !

As far as punting is concerned, nothing beats doing it when you are still young and able and relatively still attractive or at least pleasant to the eyes of the service providers ! Whose gonna to know what the world would be like in 5-10 years time ?

But of course , everything in moderation and if you have responsibilities and family commitment, they will always have to come first.

My only regret was. Back 15-20 years ago, I wish I had done a lot more punting (sexually) and much less or no on the other punting /gambling!

Even my $100 a week TAB bets , if I would have put that into my Super instead of betting on horses or footy. Even just for the past 10 years. I would be living a more comfortable retiring life in the Not too distant future.

BigDickAsian
29-01-2018, 08:33 PM
The motto is : you only live once !

As far as punting is concerned, nothing beats doing it when you are still young and able and relatively still attractive or at least pleasant to the eyes of the service providers ! Whose gonna to know what the world would be like in 5-10 years time ?

But of course , everything in moderation and if you have responsibilities and family commitment, they will always have to come first.

My only regret was. Back 15-20 years ago, I wish I had done a lot more punting (sexually) and much less or no on the other punting /gambling!

Even my $100 a week TAB bets , if I would have put that into my Super instead of betting on horses or footy. Even just for the past 10 years. I would be living a more comfortable retiring life in the Not too distant future.

Thank you for your wisdom Ahlungor.
I think this answer really resonates as the solution to my dilemma.

Brothelcreeper
29-01-2018, 09:20 PM
Fuck as many girls as you can afford to then die happy.

Nobody will ever be lying on their deathbed thinking "I really wish I had fucked less pussy".

CunningLinguist
29-01-2018, 11:17 PM

Nobody will ever be lying on their deathbed thinking "I really wish I had fucked less pussy".

In a parallel universe Puntermans's conjugate is saying: I will save my money instead of punting and donate it to the cancer council to help fund research into the cancer that nearly killed me and that set my conjugate on a path of self destruction by trying to bareback any asian girl with a pulse that he can find/coerce :)

BigDickAsian
29-01-2018, 11:28 PM

Absolutely agree with what you’re saying.

To fuck as many girls as I can afford I view it as:
1. Having a big pile of money or an income stream to sustain my punting habit till I’m dead.
2. The cheaper the punt the more girls I get to fuck ( this problem is already solved by targeting $150 shops)

It’s number 1 that is the tricky part for me that I seem to spend more time thinking about

BigDickAsian
30-01-2018, 10:31 AM
you'd be silly to do one or the other. spend 50-50 on both.

now, what are you getting 8% ROI on?

I think that was the general gist of what Ahlungor was saying as well but I guess his point is for me to figure out which other vices I have that I can cut back on.

The 8% is roughly what I’ve been getting from Vanguards High Yield Dividend ETF for like the last 5 years.
In any case 8% return over the long run in the Aussie/US Stockmarket is no big miracle.
I think S&P 500 has managed about 10-12% for the last 50years