PDA

View Full Version : Question Taking ML to hotel for the night (Mascot area)

dfs6295
09-03-2018, 09:07 AM
Hi all, I've hit it off with a ML and am now looking for a nice little reasonably priced hotel to spend the night with her there. I'm from Wollongong so dont know the area too well but she works/lives in Mascot. Any overnight suggestions??

RNT4LIFE
09-03-2018, 10:20 AM
Ibis airport is nice ( if you're lucky, check in same time as air Asia crew!) Or try airbnb?

letzprty
09-03-2018, 10:25 AM
The Pullman on O'Riordan St. We have work conferences there and it's quite new and nice looking. There's also Adina apartments on Bourke St. Do a Google search to get more details. Have fun!

harrycd
09-03-2018, 11:40 AM
Ibis airport is nice ( if you're lucky, check in same time as air Asia crew!) Or try airbnb?

Yeah ive met a WL at Ibis before, it's nothing over the top but solid.

felini
09-03-2018, 12:31 PM
Merton Suites Mascot Central is good for the night

local
09-03-2018, 01:55 PM
IBIS , clean, reasonable, and they don't raise eyebrows with cash.

Actually, not even sure if they want ID on a walk-in.

RNT4LIFE
09-03-2018, 03:01 PM
Ibis/accor knows what kind of client they are targeting.
Depends on how much you want to spend, if cheaper, you can also try ibis budget at St Peter's.

mak695
09-03-2018, 07:27 PM
Merton Suites Mascot Central is good for the night

+1

Nice rooms and beds, not too expensive too if you book in advance. Also right next to the train station dunno if that helps or not though.

dfs6295
16-03-2018, 09:59 AM
Cheers guys!! That's for all the help I'll let you all know how it goes if anyone is interested....

AHLUNGOR
16-03-2018, 10:48 AM
Cheers guys!! That's for all the help I'll let you all know how it goes if anyone is interested....

And then many will want to have what you are having ?

Dude
18-03-2018, 10:34 AM
Hey bro, which hotel did u end up with? I’m in very similar situation, so i’m doing my research hahaha

cuteguy
18-03-2018, 12:33 PM
IBIS , clean, reasonable, and they don't raise eyebrows with cash.

Actually, not even sure if they want ID on a walk-in.

Did they not request your ID and a credit card? I thought this was standard for all hotels and motels these days in case there is damage to the property.

kase
18-03-2018, 02:56 PM
Hotels need ID for a few reasons including damage or if they stock a bar fridge
Hassle with hotels is that you cant sleep in much. Have to be out by 10am

aussiegaigin
18-03-2018, 03:18 PM
Did they not request your ID and a credit card? I thought this was standard for all hotels and motels these days in case there is damage to the property.

I thought providing ID was a legal requirement, under some obscure state law.

local
19-03-2018, 12:11 PM
I thought providing ID was a legal requirement, under some obscure state law.

Not in Qld, and I think not in NSW.

A lot of places want a copy or to sight ID so it matches any card details etc.

I had an argument on the GC not that long ago, where I am a "Platinum" member of a chain and book thru their app and they use my cc automatically. Hotel on GC wanted to take a copy of my drivers licence and I said no, I do not have to provide any further ID. Escalated to me walking out with my family and going to another hotel. I actually rang the chain and blasted them, they confirmed I had yet to book into another hotel and suggest I use the other they have in the area. I walked in there, didn't provide anything, no card, no id no registration, and put into their "presidential suite". When I went to check out, after staying a few extra days (yes I had been there before) and adding to the bill via the poolside bar etc.. the total bill came to a grand total of $0.00
Yes complimentary, plus they still gave me nights and points (as if I paid). They had credited the previous.

Great customer service but I never will go back to the original hotel.

ID is really on a safety net for the hotel, no legal requirement.

Just wave cash, especially if there is no mini bar.

hotnite
19-03-2018, 12:27 PM
Not in Qld, and I think not in NSW.

A lot of places want a copy or to sight ID so it matches any card details etc.

I had an argument on the GC not that long ago, where I am a "Platinum" member of a chain and book thru their app and they use my cc automatically. Hotel on GC wanted to take a copy of my drivers licence and I said no, I do not have to provide any further ID. Escalated to me walking out with my family and going to another hotel. I actually rang the chain and blasted them, they confirmed I had yet to book into another hotel and suggest I use the other they have in the area. I walked in there, didn't provide anything, no card, no id no registration, and put into their "presidential suite". When I went to check out, after staying a few extra days (yes I had been there before) and adding to the bill via the poolside bar etc.. the total bill came to a grand total of $0.00
Yes complimentary, plus they still gave me nights and points (as if I paid). They had credited the previous.

Great customer service but I never will go back to the original hotel.

ID is really on a safety net for the hotel, no legal requirement.

Just wave cash, especially if there is no mini bar.

You sound like a fantastic customer. In the self-entitled, cheap, thankless, painful, sort of ways.