PDA

View Full Version : General talk What are you watching? Tv & Movie Thread

Eclipsefun
05-04-2018, 08:45 PM
Thread to discuss TV & Movies. What are you guys watching or big fans of?

I am currently watching the AMC series The Terror. It is a psychological-survival-horror series based on the doomed attempt to find a safe passage across the arctic by The Royal Navy. It is dark and brooding, with beautiful sets and great performances. Only a few episodes are out yet but I am enjoying it so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l328p5sSEmc

AHLUNGOR
06-04-2018, 09:48 AM
That nude dating show from SBS is so awesome whenever they showcase a hot and busty Eve! Full frontal nude in a tropical deserted island with one or two well hung Euro guy, how can they not get hard all the times? ....... lol

I suppose there would be lots of “NG” and “CUT” during the filming if the guy has a rush of blood ........ haha

In comparison, a similar show at Channel 10? always blurring the vital body parts, a stupid waste of time show imo !

PunterMike
12-04-2018, 03:08 AM
Bladerunner!!
Old vs new ??

ABHKP
14-04-2018, 01:08 PM
Altered Carbon on Netflix is pretty good once you get past the first couple of episodes.

Why is it that most of these Netflix series seem to start slow?

harrycd
14-04-2018, 01:14 PM
I haven't owned a TV in 19 years lol, all I watch these days is Twitch and youtube.

Only TV shows I download these days are South Park.. might give The Grand Tour a go in future.

But I do watch British panel shows online
Would I lie to you, 8 out of 10 cats does countdown etc

Im not into movies anymore either, the last one I saw in a cinema was The Force Awakens and only cause I was visiting mates in the US at the time who wanted to see it.
I've watched a few movies on airlines when Grand Designs is not available.

After typing that out Ive realised how much of a boring cunt I am these days lol

ThatAsian
25-04-2018, 08:59 PM
Billions, really enjoy it.

Another is Brooklyn Nine Nine.

BlackToad
26-04-2018, 11:03 AM
Westworld is pretty good. Also been watching Stranger Things on netflix - good series.

punterthon
30-04-2018, 11:48 AM
Yeah loving Westworld. Catching up on 30 for 30s too

jplover
31-05-2018, 07:38 PM
Billions and Westworld is great. Altered carbon too.

ThatAsian
01-06-2018, 09:03 PM
Currently catching on billions myself but looking to start The Expanse

ro7a7e
02-06-2018, 02:23 AM
Billions is awesome. Power is good aswell. Thinking of starting altered carbon

pingers
16-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Currently watching ballers starring the Rock. Great show

CunningLinguist
17-06-2018, 11:30 AM
I thought 'Central Intelligence' was his classic action flick:
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1489889/?ref_=nm_flmg_act_22

Eclipsefun
17-06-2018, 09:37 PM
I enjoyed the fuck out of 2049. Ballsy movie. A two and a half hour long hard sci fi flick with minimal dialogue and action, it was sick.

Start rant:

Fuck The Rock shits me. You've got a guy who is tall, handsome, charismatic, intelligeng, can act, is jacked, and is also a great athlete. Yet he insists on making these shitty movies that are designed by committee and produced to appeal to the largest possible audience by being watered down to all hell. I mean The Rock should have at least ONE classic action flick, but he's got fuck all. I mean shit, Nic Cage has three all time classic action flicks (The Rock, Con Air, Face/Off). How can The Rock have nil???? Where is his Commando, his Invasion USA, his Hard Target, his Above The Law? Dude needs to get some sense slapped into him and take some chances.

End rant.

But yeah, I'm a massive movie guy. Recently checked out Death Wish which was okay. Minimal action, Bruce looks tired, Vincent D'Onofrio steals the show again, meh.

The Rock does not work well on his own. There was a period where they were trying to make him the next Arnold or Stallone but it did not work out. It was only after the success of Fast and Furious 5 that he became associated with big money. He works well as a team member or part of a duo but has consistently failed to support his own franchise. It does not help either that hollywood has unofficially started following the Chinese government's film censorship guidelines so they can rake in those big china dollars. Also in the current age the Superhero film is what the action film was in the 80's and 90's regarding popularity. Jacked dude with a big gun simply isn't enough to get people to care these days.

Eclipsefun
17-06-2018, 09:39 PM
Late to the party but I have begun watching The Young Pope. First tv show to get me really excited about the possibilities of tv for a while. Plenty of shows I like and think are entertaining, but Young Pope is art.

curly33
17-06-2018, 10:38 PM
I can't go past "criminal minds" - still catching up on the recent series - great insights into the human mind!

ronni
18-06-2018, 12:01 AM
Have just starting catching up on the programs I have missed.
Just watched the first few eps of 'The Real Bordellos of Sydney'.
The CCTV footage is pretty funny

BlackToad
18-06-2018, 12:24 AM
Have just starting catching up on the programs I have missed.
Just watched the first few eps of 'The Real Bordellos of Sydney'.
The CCTV footage is pretty funny

Haha... I think I appear in episode 3... the handsome guy that all the WLs want to fuck[emoji3]