PDA

View Full Version : General talk Bad English

Bob Smith
12-04-2018, 10:28 AM
Is it just me or does anyone get annoyed by the weird English in some of the shop posts on here, e.g fresh juice girls (I assume they mean juicy), selebrities looks etc....

I know English may not be a first language but it would take 1-2 mins to get some to check it before you post (I'm praying I haven't misspelt anything in this post now).

Anyone got any other favorites?

AHLUNGOR
12-04-2018, 12:12 PM
Is it just me or does anyone get annoyed by the weird English in some of the shop posts on here, e.g fresh juice girls (I assume they mean juicy), selebrities looks etc....

I know English may not be a first language but it would take 1-2 mins to get some to check it before you post (I'm praying I haven't misspelt anything in this post now).

Anyone got an other favorites?

You want a good punt, hot girl, top service, clean shop and now “good English”?......... lol

I quite enjoy reading the original authentic Chinglish from Chinese mamasans. Rather than perfect English written by a helping hand. It’s just me ........ haha

hunglow
12-04-2018, 12:53 PM
The only Bad English that is acceptable is the 80s big hair rock band:

https://youtu.be/cu6pclWsxzs

Bob Smith
12-04-2018, 02:06 PM
Sorry Bob, I couldn't gather what you were saying due to the weird English used in your last line there.

Have I got another favourite? Have I got any other favourites?

Nah, I can't decipher sorry.

The way I look at it, I'm playing in an Asian sandpit. Unless my Chinese/Japanese/Korean is on point, then I can hardly complain when their English isn't 100%. Takes two to tango.

I would like to say the "an" was ironic but sadly not, I'll get someone to check all my posts from now on. :surprise:

Raybo
12-04-2018, 02:31 PM
I would like to say the "an" was ironic but sadly not, I'll get someone to check all my posts from now on. :surprise:

Ask hotnite, he enjoys pulling people up on here! Seems like that's all he does!

woods23
12-04-2018, 03:14 PM
Yes but i think it's very funny ...I get a good laugh out of summer at Summerville nd nana at Sussex star the best 2 classic ..too cute some of the things they wrote ;)

wilisno
12-04-2018, 03:35 PM
That’s just picking bones from the egg ! ;) ;) ;)

Once a private girl asked me to edit her advertising post and correct her mistakes, I advised her to leave it that way, because it looks original hence it feels more amiable.

If it reads like a document from a lawyer or a speech from a politician, then it takes the fun out of the punt.

Littlewonder
12-04-2018, 05:44 PM
Bro

I think you need to appreciate the lovely young and not so young asian ladies we get to see through this and other similar sites.

One of the prices we have to pay, particularly for the low cost shops, is that the management and the girls are asian and so English is their second language.

I admire the fact that they have a go and yes occasionally I think that their English could be better but then English is a difficult language and even Aussies have trouble with it so I take my hat of to them for having a go.

Some of the best punts I have ever had have been with girls that speak next to no English.

hyperultra
12-04-2018, 05:52 PM
Half the funny English I read in the ads I think is deliberate play on words

aussiegaigin
12-04-2018, 06:22 PM
Possibly a lot of shops use some sort of translation app to get into English. These are not the most reliable.

I translate Chinese to English in WeChat, and some of the results are hilarious. CAn be embarrassing if taken seriously.

Mr Bastard
13-04-2018, 10:17 PM
I still find it amusing that English speaking humans with little or no knowledge of other languages, consider themselves above those speakers of other languages, whom are making an honest effort to learn, or have already learnt several languages, to either assimilate, or navigate their way around this planet we live on, these people making an effort to learn language are then critisised for their phrasing, pronunciation, accent etc. And those criticising would be lucky at best to know how to say ThankYou in more than one other language besides their native tongue.

Just A Thought

woods23
13-04-2018, 10:23 PM
Funny texting to me....."long no no heart from you" what ? I feel bad when I read it.
Later on I realised is " long no no heard from you " haha

I aslo find that they are very approachable people in real life.

wilisno
13-04-2018, 11:04 PM
I still find it amusing that English speaking humans with little or no knowledge of other languages, consider themselves above those speakers of other languages, whom are making an honest effort to learn, or have already learnt several languages, to either assimilate, or navigate their way around this planet we live on, these people making an effort to learn language are then critisised for their phrasing, pronunciation, accent etc. And those criticising would be lucky at best to know how to say ThankYou in more than one other language besides their native tongue.

Just A Thought
You’re a true English speaking gentleman bro... when not drunk ! ;) ;) ;)

harrycd
13-04-2018, 11:49 PM
The only Bad English that is acceptable is the 80s big hair rock band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jpf-eC-Xlk

Bad english is better than none for me, I'm well aware at how useless I am at learning other languages so I'm empathetic.

aussiegaigin
14-04-2018, 08:26 AM

Just A Thought
And there are a lot who do not know how to say "please" or "thank you" in their native tongue.

bayside
30-05-2018, 03:08 PM
Isnt it a deliberate marketing tool?

Juicy..Top girl..etc

rooter
30-05-2018, 07:31 PM
Just speak English VERY LOUDLY with a bogan/cracker/redneck accent and then everyone will understand you.
You can be in Nepal, Colombia, Vietnam, Egypt, or France it doesn't matter.
Just speak English VERY LOUDLY with a bogan/cracker/redneck accent and then everyone will understand you ;) ;)

wilisno
30-05-2018, 09:24 PM
And there are a lot who do not know how to say "please" or "thank you" in their native tongue.
Mostly Australian !

BongKong
30-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Yeah because the Chinese are so well known worldwide for their politeness

bayside
30-05-2018, 11:55 PM
Yeah really annoying when overseas and hearing that Australian accent at large volume for no reason