PDA

View Full Version : General talk Question for Veteran Punters

Bird232
15-05-2018, 03:03 PM
Hi all,

I am just curious on the thoughts of the more seasoned punters here about how internet accessibility and forums such as these has affected this hobby? I can't imagine how much more difficult it may have been when you could not easily find information on shops and girls, or perhaps even talk with other punters about common questions in the industry with some anonymity.

In other words, what was it like to punt back then without the use of the internet? Was it more thrilling to see what you get first hand? Or was it more akin to navigating a minefield to find the perfect spot?

Thanks!

YI88
16-05-2018, 05:48 PM
In other words, what was it like to punt back then without the use of the internet? Was it more thrilling to see what you get first hand? Or was it more akin to navigating a minefield to find the perfect spot?
The latter, but in those days there were hundreds of very brief text-only ads in the back of the local paper. There was some sort of informal code that allowed us to make a pretty good guess at what we would be offered.

Most of those ads have gone - replaced by flashing LED "OPEN" signs.

aussiegaigin
16-05-2018, 06:37 PM
Going back a few years, the Telegraph would have nearly a whole page of "massage therapy" classifieds, every day. Last time I looked, there were just four.

Our local rag used to have separate "massage" and "adult services" sections, but these are now merged into the latter. Again, the actual number of ads has reduced, with what was often 2 pages now down to less than one. But still worth occasional checking to look for new establishments.

20 years ago, it was hit and miss, but there was always the thrill of finding someone better than the last girl. Amazingly, there still is. No wonder punting is addictive.

wilisno
16-05-2018, 07:44 PM
In the old days, shops were easier to operate. Competition was not as fierce as today because there weren’t as many operators and not so many readily available girls. And less trouble and complaints from punters because without reviews they had no expectation of the girl they’re gonna see and service standards were non-existence. In short, punting was punting, nothing else.

Brothelcreeper
16-05-2018, 10:19 PM
Probably less addicted punters as well as no forums to read or to entice you into your next adventure

AHLUNGOR
16-05-2018, 10:56 PM
The adults services section at the back of the Wentworth Courier every Wednesday was my first connection with the Sydney punting scenes, b2b massage to be exact !

That’s where I first found At Michelle’s !!

The rest was: His Story !

AHLUNGOR
16-05-2018, 11:06 PM
You all know about the RnT scenes in the city CBD today, but just went back a few years, say January 2012 when Aus99 was still at the old forum stage:

There was a little shop called Snow Lotus at the time!

Only shop 2, 741 was an advertiser here, shop 9 was unknown, no not yet 7 Lotus, there was no Silver Fox, no 370, no 374 Apple, no 378, no 316 Central, 227 was still a run down FS shop, no QVB, no Wynyard, no Quay St, no Bamboo x 2, no Diva, no Summerville, no Sussex Star / Pyrmont Star, no 121 Bathurst, and of course no Blossom !

So, you do the sums!

Cheer !

Ps. and for what it was worthed, no Stanmore, no Mimi and no 14 Concord either.......... haha

Ps2, while so many of the current RnT shops were even there yet but there were a few more fairly big Hong Kong style Sauna Massage places such as Chequers , Zanadu, Chicago and the still going Babylon ! Those were the places to be seen and play !

BlackToad
17-05-2018, 10:37 AM
I remember back in the 90’s there used to be street hookers, used to see them around Kings Cross and Darlnghurst. They looked like thet had been doing hard core drugs for 20 years and not attractive at all to a young roster like me. Punting wasn’t even something I considered doing in those days.

Don’t see those girls around anymore.

rooter
17-05-2018, 05:55 PM
I'm sure people managed somehow - there was life before the internet - people partied, drank, fucked, punted, gambled - Ancient Rome was fucking full on crazy, Victorian London was a never ending brothel, Shanghai in the 1920s was sin city, the 1960s and 70s was a non stop swinging sex orgy, and of course there was Sodom and Gomorrah way back in time somewhere ...

Happyman2018
17-05-2018, 06:46 PM
Like many bro said here
Newspapers r the place where we look for brothel.
N then word of mouth
N most important local brothel have few good quality girls n pay extra for bbbj.
Not like big brothel like 5 stars where extra is included but cost a fortune.
Now fastward to now.
Internet is a big help, u can to read review from different bros n punters to know which shop provide good services n where u can find quality girls.

Now slowly you can't find young girls at d suburbs now mostly in ct only lucky 42 got few qualities young girls.
Even thought I didn't go to ginza b4 but d review I saw here make me understand how good the shop it is.
Now when ginza planning to open a second shop it will make more competitive.
I think shops have to bring up the standard

Mr Bastard
17-05-2018, 06:51 PM
Its good for information, but doesn't improve a punt whatsoever once you are in the bedroom………..

xboyx
17-05-2018, 07:14 PM
I just remember when I was 20-21 yo, about 2005, punting with friends at 638 Newtown, 5*, Midas and most of the times it was great for us even though KPS was common. We were young and had no expectation nor requirements like nowadays. K girls at 638 were great. Local newspapers ads were filled with sex service ads but didn't bother looking at them, just went to places that we were told. If I had known internet would have such effects on brothels like current days, I'd have invested in Google back then!!!

Happyman2018
18-05-2018, 11:42 AM
Totally agree.

Its make sex industry change

Like d article talking about backpage n other sex service website.

After it close down it kill so much business.

DrSeuss
22-05-2018, 01:31 PM
I think being able to see pictures and read reviews makes all the difference. The bad punt ratio is much lower than it used to be.

DrSeuss
22-05-2018, 01:33 PM
I almost never see anyone whose genuine photo I haven't already seen, nowadays. It really was a punt back in the old days... Unless there was a lineup. But with lineups you can end up panicking a making a bad choice. Research ahead of time makes all the difference.

AHLUNGOR
22-05-2018, 02:05 PM
I think being able to see pictures and read reviews makes all the difference. The bad punt ratio is much lower than it used to be.

Well, all I ever needed was to see the real photos of Bonnie and Miko at Bella’s and with those E Cups, nothing else matters , right ?

Strictly from a breasts lovers point of views only of course........ haha

DrSeuss
22-05-2018, 02:09 PM
I miss Selena from Bella's. She was awesome.

ro7a7e
22-05-2018, 03:36 PM
But with lineups you can end up panicking a making a bad choice. Research ahead of time makes all the difference.
Fuck haven’t we all made that mistake... pick the sexiest one and find out they make money on looks alone. Horrible service

AHLUNGOR
22-05-2018, 04:19 PM
I miss Selena from Bella's. She was awesome.

Bella did warn me at the time that Selena won’t stay long and heading back home soon.

My punting opportunity is rather limited and timing very restricted so one session per week and so many favourites to spread my seeds around if you know what I mean !

Like today, just went to see my no 1 girl Cherry at QVB as she is going back to China for holiday soon. Got to say goodbye you know........ haha

hyperultra
22-05-2018, 08:37 PM
... pick the sexiest one and find out they make money on looks alone. Horrible service

That is so true