PDA

View Full Version : General talk Tax on brothels

doctorspock
27-05-2018, 06:44 AM
Given the huge fall in the collection of stamp duty, how will the treasurer balance his books to fund the state infrastructures? Tax on brothels licensees? They seem to be proliferating whilst other businesses suffer business down turn. Any thoughts. We pay tax on alcohol, cigarettes......

wilisno
27-05-2018, 01:53 PM
Given the huge fall in the collection of stamp duty, how will the treasurer balance his books to fund the state infrastructures? Tax on brothels licensees? They seem to be proliferating whilst other businesses suffer business down turn. Any thoughts. We pay tax on alcohol, cigarettes......
What a patriot ! ;) ;) ;)

Assandlegs
27-05-2018, 05:56 PM

I'd like to claim all my visits back on tax.... man, there's been a fuckload of them this financial year!!

ro7a7e
27-05-2018, 06:02 PM
I'd like to claim all my visits back on tax.... man, there's been a fuckload of them this financial year!!
Definitely a great tax deduction. Lol

ro7a7e
27-05-2018, 07:30 PM
That's why there is that heavy 10% surcharge when you pay with card. Its not just about the card transaction fee but your visit become visible in the books and the owner will have to pay tax for you.

Some shops stick with no card policy but put an ATM in the shop purely for that reason.
I wonder if anyone is willing to report them to ACCC about 10% surcharge for card use. The new law came into effect this year, which businesses can only surcharge the amount they are actually charged, which is normall 1%-3%...

junisme
28-05-2018, 10:11 AM
I wonder if anyone is willing to report them to ACCC about 10% surcharge for card use. The new law came into effect this year, which businesses can only surcharge the amount they are actually charged, which is normall 1%-3%...

I bet most of the store still charge you 10% even they got the news, thats why I bring some cash with me all the time.

AHLUNGOR
28-05-2018, 10:50 AM
I bet most of the store still charge you 10% even they got the news, thats why I bring some cash with me all the time.

They charge the 10% because that would add to their reportable income/turnovers where cash is cash and totally off the books .

ro7a7e
28-05-2018, 02:31 PM
They charge the 10% because that would add to their reportable income/turnovers where cash is cash and totally off the books .
That’s the cost of business. You need to declare earnings and pay the appropriate tax. You can’t on-sell your tax liability to your clients. Highly illegal, but I’m sure nothing will be done about it. I sure am not going to be a whistle blower. Lol

Spydii
31-05-2018, 12:27 AM
No tap and go cash always best .