PDA

View Full Version : General talk Size matters

China_Doll
01-06-2018, 08:18 PM
Hi Forum,

I have a very important question to ask all of you.

Does anyone else think that the Grand Big Mac is really the original Big Mac?

When I was younger I recall the Big Mac being too big to finish and the bun being a fair size bigger than the cheeseburger bun, but now they are the same. Now Macca’s would argue the size never changed but there are many of us who think that is absolute BS!

Now after getting my hands on one of these “Grand” Big Macs, I’m pretty confident that this is the original Big Mac in all its original glory?

What are your thoughts?

corvus
02-06-2018, 01:29 PM
Yep it's smaller I reckon. Probably related to cost cutting in the name of health conscious advertisement.

justinfox
02-06-2018, 02:02 PM
I've been eating these new lamb rolls from red rooster ... their not bad.

a lot of people are complaining about red rooster selling lamb but I don't give a shit ill still eat it.

What are your thoughts?

rooter
02-06-2018, 02:05 PM
Hamburgers from the big fast food chains never look the same in real life as the pics in the ads.
Reminds me of another industry we are all familiar with ;) ;)

quackm2002
02-06-2018, 02:46 PM
I don’t think there has been any change in size in the McDonald burgers in the past 30 years. They are always 50% of the size they look in the advertising

jeter
02-06-2018, 02:47 PM
Victims of marketing.

wilisno
02-06-2018, 02:59 PM
Hamburgers from the big fast food chains never look the same in real life as the pics in the ads.
Reminds me of another industry we are all familiar with ;) ;)

One makes it look the bigger the better, the other makes it look the smaller the better ! ;) ;) ;)

babycatmassage
02-06-2018, 03:15 PM
Omg I was thinking it’s a thread of ...sizes and would be an interesting thread. Then just a size of hamburgers, ay ya

AHLUNGOR
02-06-2018, 03:22 PM
Omg I was thinking it’s a thread of ...sizes and would be an interesting thread. Then just a size of hamburgers, ay ya

Are you working today at your new shop ?

babycatmassage
02-06-2018, 05:36 PM
Are you working today at your new shop ?

I’m in charge tomorrow :)

ThatAsian
02-06-2018, 09:44 PM
Got one of these grand Mac during the free Mac day and I say it’s just the burger from like the 90s. Gimmick.

bayside
02-06-2018, 09:45 PM
McDonalds is selling the Big Mac sauce in bottles for a limited time. You'd have to love Big Macs that much to want to make other things taste the same

Spydii
03-06-2018, 12:33 AM
I’m in charge tomorrow :)
Pardon me. Is that carrying the towels or holding up the sign ?

BigDipper
03-06-2018, 03:07 AM

Hi baby,
Maybe you can give us an option on what we all thought this thread might be about. I mean we can all only comment on our own experiences with the shlongs we’re given.

Only a ML/WL would really know:
“Does size matter?”

harrycd
03-06-2018, 10:28 AM
https://i.imgur.com/bRXrFk2.jpg

Mcdonalds shrunk the bun size in the 80s as it makes the meat patties look larger, this was in response to the "wheres the beef" Wendys campaign

babycatmassage
03-06-2018, 01:48 PM
Hi baby,
Maybe you can give us an option on what we all thought this thread might be about. I mean we can all only comment on our own experiences with the shlongs we’re given.

Only a ML/WL would really know:
“Does size matter?”
It matters or not depends on various views: ml/wl/girlfriends. All different.

Spydii
04-06-2018, 12:31 AM
The usual suspect jumps to the wrong conclusion. This same suspects tries to squash all spider's. Not all are poisonous . The difference between, us , u , me and everywhere else is a inflated ego.

BongKong
04-06-2018, 12:39 AM
The usual suspect jumps to the wrong conclusion. This same suspects tries to squash all spider's.
Not all are poisonous . The difference between, us , u , me and everywhere else is a inflated ego.

Fillet o Fish or McChicken?

Spydii
04-06-2018, 12:45 AM
Fillet o Fish or McChicken?
Fish o Fish. What job u prefer carry the towels or hold the sign ?

BongKong
04-06-2018, 12:46 AM
Fish o Fish. What job u prefer carry the towels or hold the sign ?

Hold the sign.........

hereandthere
04-06-2018, 01:08 PM
I had this very conversation last night with some family and friends, the general consensus was that Big Macs are definitely smaller than they used to be. Some of the older people in the group who were in their mid-20's during the late 1970's-early 80's all said that they would struggle to finish a Big Mac at the time.

thanatos
04-06-2018, 06:05 PM
Anyone tried the grand big macs? I had one a few weeks ago but it was so damn salty. Wasn’t sure if they were made like or just unlucky.

harrycd
04-06-2018, 08:52 PM
I had this very conversation last night with some family and friends, the general consensus was that Big Macs are definitely smaller than they used to be. Some of the older people in the group who were in their mid-20's during the late 1970's-early 80's all said that they would struggle to finish a Big Mac at the time.

Bro I posted a pic of this earlier

Anyone tried the grand big macs? I had one a few weeks ago but it was so damn salty. Wasn’t sure if they were made like or just unlucky.

I tried it after seeing this thread, wasn't bad but I usually avoid maccas.

hunglow
05-06-2018, 10:14 AM
Clickbait! hhahaha!
Like!
will have to go try out to comment.

but i am guessing your hands and stomach have grown, thats why BigMac seems to have shrunk.

ColourWolf12
05-06-2018, 10:48 AM
My old man is a fan of the big mac, I'm afraid it definitely has shrunk over the years. Can remember vividly laughing at him for not able to bite the burger without squishing it a little

punterthon
05-06-2018, 11:03 AM
More than a handful is too much for me. My motto in both punting and burgers.

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 03:48 AM
Yep it's smaller I reckon. Probably related to cost cutting in the name of health conscious advertisement.

Would think more likely the cost cutting :)

That is 1 - it is smaller, 0 - nothing has changed

Thanks Corvus

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 03:50 AM
I've been eating these new lamb rolls from red rooster ... their not bad.

a lot of people are complaining about red rooster selling lamb but I don't give a shit ill still eat it.

What are your thoughts?

It makes sense they would introduce a new protein, there are already a few chicken players about. Roast lamb seems to make sense with roast chicken? Will need to give this one a go and report back, I hope they have a roll with just lamb and gravy, an oldie but a goodie :)

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 03:53 AM

Haha sorry for the clickbait

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 03:54 AM
Got one of these grand Mac during the free Mac day and I say it’s just the burger from like the 90s. Gimmick.

Yesss! Exactly!

That’s 2 - it is smaller, 0 - nothing has changed

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 03:57 AM
McDonalds is selling the Big Mac sauce in bottles for a limited time. You'd have to love Big Macs that much to want to make other things taste the same

Coles have a special burger sauce that is a dead set dupe of the Big Mac sauce. I admit I really enjoy a Big Mac :)

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 04:01 AM

Mcdonalds shrunk the bun size in the 80s as it makes the meat patties look larger, this was in response to the "wheres the beef" Wendys campaign

That looks even bigger than the Grand Big Mac! Very well researched Harrycd, thank you [emoji4]

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 04:02 AM

That’s 3 - 1, thanks hereandthere

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 04:04 AM
Clickbait! hhahaha!
Like!
will have to go try out to comment.

but i am guessing your hands and stomach have grown, thats why BigMac seems to have shrunk.

That could be true, this was considered but still not convinced :)

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 04:05 AM
My old man is a fan of the big mac, I'm afraid it definitely has shrunk over the years. Can remember vividly laughing at him for not able to bite the burger without squishing it a little

Well his hands definitely could not have grown, clear 4 - 0!

China_Doll
07-06-2018, 04:06 AM
More than a handful is too much for me. My motto in both punting and burgers.

Everything in moderation punterthon? Sounds like wise words :)

Raybo
07-06-2018, 09:32 AM
It shouldnt even be called Big Mac anymore. Just call it Mac or Little Mac

Leon8888
07-06-2018, 12:44 PM

LOL "wheres the beef" Wendys campaign .... that's pretty smart campaign

bigfatkilo
09-06-2018, 12:56 PM
best fucking thread on this forum... brilliant! love big macs!