PDA

View Full Version : General talk Any recommendations on E-cig or Vapour Machines?

dingoman
04-06-2018, 08:19 PM
Any Brothers using vapour machines. I've been doing a bit of research but thought asking would lead me in a better direction. Thanks in advance!

harrycd
04-06-2018, 08:47 PM
What are the benefits of smoking ecigs?

I quit a while ago but sometimes want to go buy a pack :(

dingoman
04-06-2018, 09:11 PM
I'm still smoking normal cigs but just thinking it'll be more practical.

hunglow
05-06-2018, 10:09 AM
if you are in Sydney, go to vapeindustries on Sussex Street. they are friendly and helpful in guiding you to the right unit for you.

ColourWolf12
05-06-2018, 10:57 AM
Depends if you like the hit or the cloud or the flavor, there are lots of mods and tanks to choose from and flavor of juices to use. Also nicotine or no nicotine?
Houseofvape.com started me off 4 years ago and I only fell off of the wagon while I was in Asia because my liquid went off because of the intense heat and humidity.

bigC808
05-06-2018, 11:01 AM
The main thing is that if you’re looking for something to help you quit or reduce your smoking to get something that is similar to a cigarette inhale. A lot of the e-cigs that are on the market are producing very large amounts of vapour and are not similar to smoking a cigarette in any way. I haven’t smoked for 4 years now due to vaping and my health and hip pocket have never been better. Look at getting a mouth to lung style kit or a pod based vaping system. If you need anymore advice I’m happy to help ;)

bigC808
05-06-2018, 11:04 AM
What are the benefits of smoking ecigs?

I quit a while ago but sometimes want to go buy a pack :(

The main two benefits are cost and the fact that you are not inhaling smoke. The only studies that have been done so far (over 3-5 year period) show many benefits to vaping over smoking.

Superbear
05-06-2018, 12:48 PM
I vape to quit smoking and cutting down on nicotine slowly. But yeah most of the shops will help you out starting. I started with a vaporesso revenge x now i got a goldrg sexy vape machine haha. Takes a while to learn a few things though like not burning coil too fast etc. As for the flavours try around to see what brand and flavours you like.

dingoman
05-06-2018, 03:44 PM
Thanks guys, I'll take your suggestions and look into it.

dingoman
05-06-2018, 03:47 PM
The main thing is that if you’re looking for something to help you quit or reduce your smoking to get something that is similar to a cigarette inhale. A lot of the e-cigs that are on the market are producing very large amounts of vapour and are not similar to smoking a cigarette in any way. I haven’t smoked for 4 years now due to vaping and my health and hip pocket have never been better. Look at getting a mouth to lung style kit or a pod based vaping system. If you need anymore advice I’m happy to help ;)

So you're saying vaping is the way to go? I'm not exactly looking to quit (hopefully in due course) but looking for an alternative for the addiction without the normal cig smell.

bigC808
05-06-2018, 04:58 PM
So you're saying vaping is the way to go? I'm not exactly looking to quit (hopefully in due course) but looking for an alternative for the addiction without the normal cig smell.

For me , it was. I will admit it's not for everybody but from friends and work mates I know, probably 70-80% of them have either fully quit using e-cigs or cut down drastically. Even though health should be the main concern I think the cost is the main one! I mix/make my own juice/flavours and it only costs me a few $$ a week! Compared to the near hundred a week I was spending on cigarettes, now I have much better things to spend it on - cute girls ;)

dingoman
06-06-2018, 01:36 PM
For me , it was. I will admit it's not for everybody but from friends and work mates I know, probably 70-80% of them have either fully quit using e-cigs or cut down drastically. Even though health should be the main concern I think the cost is the main one! I mix/make my own juice/flavours and it only costs me a few $$ a week! Compared to the near hundred a week I was spending on cigarettes, now I have much better things to spend it on - cute girls ;)

Any specific brands I should look at? There's so many in the marketplace. And how many different ones have you bought over the last 4 years?

ColourWolf12
06-06-2018, 03:26 PM
There are a few shops around Sydney called The Steamery, you can drop in and ask for some advice.

ASPIRE is a good brand to start off with, they have newbie friendly kits. As for nicotine juices, you will need to order from sites from NZ or USA. Personally I have used caktus and vapo.co, both of their own brand juices are clean and fairly cheap.

Superbear
06-06-2018, 03:39 PM
Also vapers choice in bankstown can help you get started. Great flavours they got there. One of my favourite is space mango by cloudheaven. Tastes like weiss mango ice cream.

bigC808
06-06-2018, 05:05 PM
Any specific brands I should look at? There's so many in the marketplace. And how many different ones have you bought over the last 4 years?

There is so many brands and products it’s a little bewildering. Personally I use these two atm.
https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/innokin-pocketbox?variant=5495236919311
https://vapoureyes.com.au/products/suorin-drop?variant=5495993892879
Both provide an excellent vape and even though I’m a seasoned vaper I still find the ‘starter’ kits to be great value and provide a good quality vape.
Also a great place to check out juice from is https://www.goodlifevapor.com

And I guess yes I have spent a bit over the years on different devices but that’s only bcz I really enjoy it and am always keen to try certain new products.

Hu6e
06-06-2018, 07:25 PM
There are a few shops around Sydney called The Steamery, you can drop in and ask for some advice.

ASPIRE is a good brand to start off with, they have newbie friendly kits. As for nicotine juices, you will need to order from sites from NZ or USA. Personally I have used caktus and vapo.co, both of their own brand juices are clean and fairly cheap.

I would concur entirely.
The Steamery is awesome. I got my first decent vape there last week. Plenty of clouds, great staff.... and you can taste test before buying. If you don't know how to change tanks, ask for help. They are more than happy to give advice.

Leon8888
07-06-2018, 12:51 PM
http://www.vapeking.com.au/aspire-k3-quick-start-kit/

this is a pretty good starter kit ... you might be able to pick on up cheaper elsewhere

dingoman
07-06-2018, 07:31 PM
Thanks again. I guess a trip to Beaconsfield is the way to go to get started!

ColourWolf12
09-06-2018, 10:33 AM

Be sure to go in with some fog lights. Weather forecasts have announced that it will be permanently cloudy there.

Bullets Durgom
18-06-2018, 10:31 AM

Hi Dingoman,

all the above is good oil for your journey, especially the cost factor! After a year of reducing stamps in my international passport to smoking pleasure by 50% here's my bit to add. (NB do check my terminology 'coz it may be obsolete!)

Last year I did a 6 month quit smoking course at the RPAH in Camperdown, Sydney. It's extremely well run & very supportive. Top notch! The doctors & consultants took me through every approved nicotine replacement (vaping is not medically approved here). I cycled though Champix, inhalers, gums and sprays and kept a log to see what worked for me. In short, none did. My best result was reducing my 40 year habit of about 30 a day, down to 22.

So on the vape trail I went.

Starting off I felt the same as you Dingoman, where to begin?. I consider vaping to be smoking re thunk by computer geeks and engineers (and possibly Freemasons). I'm still puzzled by the relentless release of new vapes & juices, endless reviews, guides & glossaries to 'consult' (aka confuse). Add to that the Disneyland of local or international suppliers (coupled with incoherent shipping charges if you want e-juice aka 'goop' (with added nicotine), countless discount websites, plus Australia's inconsistent state laws (hope you're not in QLD., there's many a tale of seized imports up north)........ it's a PHD to take your first puff (or chuck a cloud as they say).

After a ton of research I just couldn't make a decision. (I'd had a old type of e-cig some years before & just didn't take to it, so at least that was 1 off the list).

In the end I waited for a holiday to Hawaii where i thought I could try a few different models & goops. In the end I just went to one small shop on our last day. The 20-something angel steered me to their most popular & in stock. The vape was a starter kit (have all the bits you need except goop) by Innokin called a Coolfire Mini (outside of USA it's a Coolfire Ace). I paid I think US $120 plus I got Naked 100 60 ml American Patriot (tobacco) 6mg nicotine strength ($10). I was using it as I walked out the door.

Once home I needed coils (beware - there's often different ones for each model of each brand), + goop.

I tracked down Innokin at the Australian Vapeking site (good prices, choice, info & reliable service.... they sell the Mini/Ace kit for AUD $50). So that was my hardware sorted.

For the goop it's been more an issue. I prefer Naked 100 but to try out some others I imported NZ mixed goop (about AUD 100,) all were OK but sub-par to N100. I'll wait for the Black Friday's sales to order up

The Innokin lasted a year (the non-replacable batteries die quicker if you overcharge) & I replaced it with same ($50). It's a good weight, solid tactile feel, easy to pocket (about Zippo size) & almost foolproof to operate (3 buttons). The only con is the 2ml tank ($30 solo), that's only enough for 1 day so lots of refilling (messy) + the thread can burr & lose it's seal and leak. The coils last about a month if you prime them ($2 a pop). So all up for a year the cost's about a carton of tailors at Coles.

Sounds like a spruik, it's not. It just works for me. So my suggestion only! There's heaps a bad reviews for Innokin too.

Health wise I feel better for it. From what I've read & seen it's about 90% healthier. Also vaping is especially great for when you only need a puff (bus stops etc.) so no more 1/2 smoked cigs (at almost $2 each!).

For future questions & up-to-date local advice on perils & pistachios see the 4 or so Aus/Aussie Vapers threads at Reddit. There's heaps on YouTube too

Hope it's becoming cloudy for you soon!

pattephip
05-01-2022, 08:02 AM
Do you want to quit smoking regular cigarettes, or you're trying to vape just for the sake of it? In my case, I've switched to vaping, as it's a healthier version of smoking. As a beginner, I went with Pax Vaporizers (https://coupons.velacommunity.com/dealstore/pax/), as they have tons of coupons waiting to be used. I mean, of course, the first vape was bought from a corner store for $30, but the taste wasn't as good. I always buy the ones with a fruity taste. Way better than smelling like smoke all the time. I don't even wake up with a terrible taste in my mouth anymore. So great choice for you, let me know what you chose in the end, hopefully, I helped :)