PDA

View Full Version : General talk Who's been getting SMS lately?

BAM
05-06-2018, 09:32 PM
Hey guys
Just checking if it's just me but today I got SMS from two different shops telling me girls that are on and asking if I wanna make a booking.
Won't name and shame because they are pretty good shops and maybe legitimate mistake.
Has anyone else been getting direct marketing visa SMS from shops lately?

bayside
05-06-2018, 09:53 PM
How did they get your number. Did you text them at any stage?

DanThePuntingMan
05-06-2018, 10:05 PM
Hey guys
Just checking if it's just me but today I got SMS from two different shops telling me girls that are on and asking if I wanna make a booking.
Won't name and shame because they are pretty good shops and maybe legitimate mistake.

I have been getting messages from a number of shops I visit but not via SMS they are coming through via my WeChat account

exstar
05-06-2018, 10:09 PM
Let me take a stab in the dark and guess that this shop is on sussex st as i got txt myself?

BAM
05-06-2018, 10:54 PM
How did they get your number. Did you text them at any stage?
Yeah I texted to make bookings. These are good reputable shops. I just never expected they'd initiate SMS's like that. I mean it could land a guy in an awkward situation right?

BAM
05-06-2018, 10:55 PM
Let me take a stab in the dark and guess that this shop is on sussex st as i got txt myself?
One of the messages was from a Sussex St shop. The other one at the other end of the city.

choley
05-06-2018, 11:22 PM
Hey guys

I've been getting these texts from last couple of days. All unknown numbers. Don't know how they got my number. Super weird.

Jasejase77
06-06-2018, 12:10 PM
Yes I got the same from the Same shop too I believe . I just got on to WeChat and hadn’t blocked my number and after I added them . 2 days later I got text for $800 overnight special

cuteguy
06-06-2018, 12:14 PM
If the shops are texting customers to come in then they must be desperate for business. I've been hearing from some girls that it's very quiet in some shops.

DanThePuntingMan
06-06-2018, 01:43 PM

Three were from shops in the City (one FS and two Massage shops), one from a shop in Marrickville (FS shop), one from a shop in St Peters (Massage shop) and one from a shop in Caringbah (FS shop).

All my messages that I received from each shop contain a special price or discounted % off their rate or a two girl special rate.

cuteguy
06-06-2018, 01:52 PM
Three were from shops in the City (one FS and two Massage shops), one from a shop in Marrickville (FS shop), one from a shop in St Peters (Massage shop) and one from a shop in Caringbah (FS shop).

All my messages that I received from each shop contain a special price or discounted % off their rate or a two girl special rate.

If the shops are offering discounts that's fantastic for customers. I hope the discounts don't apply to specific girls and that you can choose any girl. Having said this, you don't want to be bombarded with messages on a frequent basis unless you have a sex addiction. Lol

bayside
06-06-2018, 01:54 PM
The main issue is actually you all using your personal phone as your punting phone.
Sooner or later there will be issues. Why the surprise?
A spare cheap phone $80. A spare sim card is $20, prepaid around $10 a month (as you wont be making many calls, text is cheap, and browsing is limited to this website and maybe a few others.
That expense is insurance against armegeddon
Either continue to keep a handgrenade in your pocket, or purchase the alternative

bayside
06-06-2018, 01:59 PM
If the shops are offering discounts that's fantastic for customers

Winter is quiet so I applaud shops for reaching out to regulars. If you dont like that, silence your notifications and set your phone not to provide your number if you ring out

Im a regular at a shop. They recently sent me an invitation to visit plus a decent discount. Win win. I will definitely be visiting

garfield
06-06-2018, 02:06 PM
What about SMS from your regular WL or ML?

babycatmassage
06-06-2018, 02:07 PM

G&H at St. Peter? Hope Lori is okay. She’s very nice and be able to take care of you.

local
06-06-2018, 04:12 PM
What about SMS from your regular WL or ML?

funny about...
i txt'd somebody but didn't book...
now 3 months later got an sms offering a great time...
ok I responded, so what is your price now ?
response was the same...
mmmm, ok i said let me come and see the goods, no promise i would stay...
ok,
we arranged a time, so it turned out the photo was fake as to be expected, but damn she was even better, so i said ok, lets negotiate....
very nice deal... very very happy & she had a customer at least... i might even return especially if i get the same service for the same price....

DanThePuntingMan
06-06-2018, 04:25 PM
If the shops are offering discounts that's fantastic for customers. I hope the discounts don't apply to specific girls and that you can choose any girl. Having said this, you don't want to be bombarded with messages on a frequent basis unless you have a sex addiction. Lol

Yes definitely fantastic as it helps my pocket out and the less I can spend the better especially in this day and age of everything being expensive (bills, food etc). There were no restrictions on specials offered.

DanThePuntingMan
06-06-2018, 04:27 PM
G&H at St. Peter? Hope Lori is okay. She’s very nice and be able to take care of you.

Yes babycat G&H at St. Peter.

SinSeeker
06-06-2018, 04:37 PM
The main issue is actually you all using your personal phone as your punting phone.
Sooner or later there will be issues. Why the surprise?
A spare cheap phone $80. A spare sim card is $20, prepaid around $10 a month (as you wont be making many calls, text is cheap, and browsing is limited to this website and maybe a few others.
That expense is insurance against armegeddon
Either continue to keep a handgrenade in your pocket, or purchase the alternativeIsn't it sometimes more of a problem hiding the punting phone?

I sometimes get a text from my regular shop that just says hello. If I am able to then I text her back. I think that's a very discreet way of getting some attention.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

BAM
06-06-2018, 04:54 PM
If the shops are texting customers to come in then they must be desperate for business. I've been hearing from some girls that it's very quiet in some shops.

Maybe there is a little downturn in some of the businesses with cracker and back page shutting down?

cuteguy
06-06-2018, 11:56 PM
Maybe too many shops now and not enough customers to go around.

wachumba
07-06-2018, 01:27 AM
Yeah I texted to make bookings. These are good reputable shops. I just never expected they'd initiate SMS's like that. I mean it could land a guy in an awkward situation right?

The shop couldnt care less if you got into trouble or maybe they hope you will get caught so you will become single and more chance of going to ML or FS shop.

choley
07-06-2018, 01:32 AM
Mine was from tokio studio, I have no clue where they got my number from. Never contaced them.

Prashvj
07-06-2018, 01:56 AM
The shop couldnt care less if you got into trouble or maybe they hope you will get caught so you will become single and more chance of going to ML or FS shop.
Haha .. I've been getting sms from RnT shops too. Scary, I don't have a punting phone. I think BP/Cracker is affecting them bad. One msg started with the apologies for contacting via SMS!!

ThatAsian
07-06-2018, 11:51 AM
If any of them texted me I would likely blacklist that shop since could land in hot waters.

Nowadays if I know it’s asian shop thy generally have WeChat so message them on that and have WeChat settings changed so I don’t get notifications.

wachumba
07-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Mine was from tokio studio, I have no clue where they got my number from. Never contaced them.

Did you ever go to any of their other shops? They had sakura in Bondi and I keep forgetting the name of their other city shops before they opened tokio. One was in 650 George st, I think another was bathurst st maybe.

bayside
07-06-2018, 12:14 PM

Nowadays if I know it’s asian shop thy generally have WeChat so message them on that and have WeChat settings changed so I don’t get notifications.

Good idea ThatAsian

local
07-06-2018, 01:46 PM
Maybe there is a little downturn in some of the businesses with cracker and back page shutting down?

Yes, most definitely !!

I had another one yesterday, from a shop... I just called in today as I went past.

I ended up paying the normal shop rate but instead of $50 put up $30 and got all the extras as usual...

Time to negotiate ;-)

choley
07-06-2018, 01:47 PM
Did you ever go to any of their other shops? They had sakura in Bondi and I keep forgetting the name of their other city shops before they opened tokio. One was in 650 George st, I think another was bathurst st maybe.

Nope, never been into any of these shops. I've been getting message from other places as well. One was near where I live and when I checked the address, it pointed out to an apartment. Not much of a shop there.

bayside
07-06-2018, 05:51 PM
I ended up paying the normal shop rate but instead of $50 put up $30 and got all the extras as usual...

Time to negotiate ;-)

With the weather being cold and wet, Im still happy to go out a few times a week if the shops provide me just a little encoragement

rooter
07-06-2018, 06:30 PM
I get the following.
1, Missed calls from Poland, Hong Kong etc
2, Voicemail messages in Mandarin I don't understand
3, calls and SMS from a +8888 number

All of these are scammers of course.
I just ignore them.

SinSeeker
07-06-2018, 06:42 PM
Haha .. I've been getting sms from RnT shops too. Scary, I don't have a punting phone. I think BP/Cracker is affecting them bad. One msg started with the apologies for contacting via SMS!!Yeah. The websites closing down did have an impact. But I would think it's more the private girls that have been impacted. I was reading the other day that some of the girls were having trouble paying their rent even.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

bayside
07-06-2018, 06:46 PM
Anyone here have grandparents

Just heard the latest scam. Scqmmers trawling Facebook, then ringing grandparents pretending to be a grandchildren. Get names from Facebook

Say to grandparent that they are in trouble , been arrested, and to send money to help. Grandparents love their granddaughter so sends money.

Cant believe it

The Speechwriter
07-06-2018, 11:12 PM
Hey guys

Yes. I got 3 texts today from shops who have my number from previous visits. That’s OK. Isn’t it? Just business. Unfortunately, I was too busy to do anything about it.

Punterjack
08-06-2018, 12:20 AM
I have also started to receive messages from shops almost on a daily basis with all the girls roster for that day and asking if want to come and see any of them and make a booking.

I would say I get messages from at least 6-8 shops that are from all over Sydney and both Massage and FS

All the messages are received via Wechat

chrissyboy
21-06-2018, 06:54 PM
I have been starting to receive PM on my Syd99 account from shops. Things must be starting to get desperate

gentleguy
22-06-2018, 11:24 AM
It has happened to me a few times mentioning a girl That I have booked in the past is working today. Had a couple of text from WL's too that I havn't seen or hear from for a long time saying they would like to see me again. Maybe business a bit quiet during the winter months.

liminal
22-06-2018, 11:31 AM
Course winter is a slow down for many independents and shops. More so if service is marginal and marketing inadequate ineffective

There was around the time of the BP debacle many fake ads .. who were just collecting mobile numbers

I got sprayed with SMS

If you only got one phone .. Just go to settings and ensure SMS has no notifications on home screen and ditto for all chat apps

AHLUNGOR
22-06-2018, 12:15 PM
I have been starting to receive PM on my Syd99 account from shops. Things must be starting to get desperate

Really?? And you have only been here a few weeks ........haha

AHLUNGOR
22-06-2018, 12:19 PM
I have also started to receive messages from shops almost on a daily basis with all the girls roster for that day and asking if want to come and see any of them and make a booking.

I would say I get messages from at least 6-8 shops that are from all over Sydney and both Massage and FS

All the messages are received via Wechat

Same to you Jack that shops are targeting new members who also post reviews !

Interesting!

Enjoy

Cheers

wilisno
22-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Really?? And you have only been here a few weeks ........haha
Maybe they were sent to his other usernames ! ;) ;) ;)

I just received an unsolicited SMS from NSW Lottery asking me to put in for the Lotto Superdraw tomorrow ! ;) ;) ;)

ColourWolf12
22-06-2018, 02:32 PM
Anyone here have grandparents

Just heard the latest scam. Scqmmers trawling Facebook, then ringing grandparents pretending to be a grandchildren. Get names from Facebook

Say to grandparent that they are in trouble , been arrested, and to send money to help. Grandparents love their granddaughter so sends money.

Cant believe it

That's an old one from quite a few years back, apparently started by people in Taiwan, then mainland Chinese picked it up too. Nowadays its even worse.
Ive received numerous calls from unrecognized numbers, speaking in Chinese, ranging from DHL to the Embassy with "urgent" matters.
General rule of thumb when hearing these calls:
DONT SPEAK, DO NOT SAY "YES" IN ANY LANGUAGE, DO NOT GIVE OUT NAMES OF ANYONE, and the obvious, confidential details etc

bronte
23-06-2018, 11:25 AM
PROTIP: never pick up a call from an unknown number. If they need to talk to you, they’ll text or leave you a voicemail.

You’re welcome.