PDA

View Full Version : General talk I have found the word: perfunctory

bayside
07-06-2018, 12:22 PM
English was my second language growing up.
When Im punting, what has frustrated me has been trying to define exactly what it is about poor service and why I am sometimes wasting my money, often $100s for one hour, and leaving with a frown on my face and a bit sad

I was searching the dictionary and I found the word that explains it all for me.

PERFUNCTORY
PERFUNCTORY service

As dictionary says:
"Perfunctory" can describe something that is carried out with little effort or care, as in "He did a perfunctory job raking the leaves," but when used to describe a person it usually means "lacking enthusiasm."

Sorry if you all know this word, but it describes exactly what I have been sad about but didnt know how to describe

I will avoid shops where their employees receive good money from me, but in return provide PERFUNCTORY service. I dont know why I find it many places and continued to pay for it

Aka Unenthusuastic. Uncaring. Hurried. Rushed. Careless. GoThroughTheMotions. NotGiveA. Unmotivated. Blase. Distracted.
Unsympathetique. Emotionless. Robotic. Crappy.

Perfunctory sums these words up best.
I feel enpowered now I know what has been bugging me

Would you pay for it ?

blade2000
07-06-2018, 01:00 PM
Could also just call it crappy service. That way everyone understands straight away.

bayside
07-06-2018, 01:28 PM
Sure. I added it to the list. Thank you

Happyman2018
07-06-2018, 02:45 PM
This word is more polite.
But like d other punter said crappy service or unprofessional will do the job.

bayside
07-06-2018, 05:49 PM
Unprofessional is ok, but doesnt explain what the problem is

Happyman2018
07-06-2018, 06:14 PM
Yeah... you rite.
Then wat other word can replace it n make easy for bros 2 understand

rooter
07-06-2018, 06:22 PM
I usually leave a punt feeling epiphany/bliss/satori/ecstasy/nirvana/heaven/singing in the rain/dancing on the ceiling etc

Mr Bastard
07-06-2018, 06:37 PM
English was my second language growing up.
When Im punting, what has frustrated me has been trying to define exactly what it is about poor service and why I am sometimes wasting my money, often $100s for one hour, and leaving with a frown on my face and a bit sad

I was searching the dictionary and I found the word that explains it all for me.

PERFUNCTORY
PERFUNCTORY service

As dictionary says:
"Perfunctory" can describe something that is carried out with little effort or care, as in "He did a perfunctory job raking the leaves," but when used to describe a person it usually means "lacking enthusiasm."

Sorry if you all know this word, but it describes exactly what I have been sad about but didnt know how to describe

I will avoid shops where their employees receive good money from me, but in return provide PERFUNCTORY service. I dont know why I find it many places and continued to pay for it

Aka Unenthusuastic. Uncaring. Hurried. Rushed. Careless. GoThroughTheMotions. NotGiveA. Unmotivated. Blase. Distracted.
Unsympathetique. Emotionless. Robotic. Crappy.

Perfunctory sums these words up best.
I feel enpowered now I know what has been bugging me

Would you pay for it ?

As Rooter describes his service above, and I am not doubting Rooter…………Bayside, have you ever thought about your service, is part of your service responsible for the service you are receiving?

bayside
07-06-2018, 06:42 PM
I usually leave a punt feeling epiphany/bliss/satori/ecstasy/nirvana/heaven/singing in the rain/dancing on the ceiling etc

Haha. Life is good.

bayside
07-06-2018, 06:43 PM
As Rooter describes his service above, and I am not doubting Rooter…………Bayside, have you ever thought about your service, is part of your service responsible for the service you are receiving?

I am well mannered and courteous. Pay a lot of my money. Showered and clean no body odour. Im not the problem lol

Mr Bastard
08-06-2018, 05:13 AM
Mate, this says your a clean nice guy with a fat wallet. Appearances are one thing, service is another. Hope your punting improves in the near future.

ronni
08-06-2018, 09:51 PM
PS
→ Princess Syndrome
→ Perfunctory Service

As in KPS or CPS