PDA

View Full Version : Question The Miss America pageant will drop the swimsuit segment from next year !!

AHLUNGOR
07-06-2018, 02:28 PM
As per title, no more bikinis 👙 in the beauty pageants!!

Losing the swimsuit segment might also mean that they will lose the audience- male audiences in particular!!

Trump probably won’t watch it ..... haha

Thoughts ??

bayside
07-06-2018, 07:06 PM
I always felt yuck watching those pagents. Silly questions like "how will you change the world" and women half dressed but not intending to be objectified in that way, and old guys like Trump drooling and lingering around

So the change will mean even less people watch it

rooter
07-06-2018, 07:22 PM
Beauty pageants are a product of patriarchal misogynist society and that's totally OK.
They are more and more irrelevant and ridiculous in modern society
In the last few years they have tried to re format, re market re whatever them as something they were never intended to be and never can be - all this bullshit about being about the girls personality, intelligence, achievement etc.
It's nonsense - beauty pageants have always been about tits and arse.
They should either keep them as they were with the tits and arse or ban them altogether.
I am happy either way.
If they ban them it will be a step forward for women and for humanity just like the eradication of smallpox and slavery was.
If they keep them the way they were with tits and arse galore I will watch them because I am a sexist, dirty old man who loves to perve at young attractive women
But I will not watch them if they get rid of the swim suit - they have lost me.

bayside
07-06-2018, 07:31 PM
I will watch them because I am a sexist, dirty old man who loves to perve at young attractive women
But I will not watch them if they get rid of the swim suit - they have lost me.

Im surprised you found the swim suit aspect arousing. They walked in catwalk fashion and very formally. Not arousing at all and never intended to be for a lot of the women and their parents. They saw it as glamourous. The fact that families are watching just dampens the attraction down a lot

But you're right it is all about objectification

Skippy tasman
08-06-2018, 01:24 PM
Hopefully when they drop the swimwear part of the contest,they will let them wear lingerie instead. Can’t handle anymore blah blah talk about world peace and crap !

ColourWolf12
08-06-2018, 02:01 PM
Hopefully when they drop the swimwear part of the contest,they will let them wear lingerie instead. Can’t handle anymore blah blah talk about world peace and crap !

Haha lingerie isn't much different to bikinis in terms of showing skin.
Wouldn't it be nice for a change that a girl would answer "I wish scientists would discover sustainable renewable resources" or some shit like that instead of unrealistic dream of world peace, cos that would so frigging sexy.

ronni
08-06-2018, 06:04 PM
Humans remain primitive in many ways. We like to look at beautiful things. Noone will end up watching if you remove the eye candy !!!