PDA

View Full Version : General talk Life insurance questionnaire

goodtime
11-07-2018, 08:36 PM
When applying for life insurance, did you lie about punting habits?

sambr
11-07-2018, 08:54 PM
I stated I exercise regularly for one hour in the horizontal position. Frequent aerobic exercise reduced my health insurance premiums

deep_explorer
11-07-2018, 09:03 PM
ha ha ha.... I never saw a question in insurance policy asking if you do RnT. Otherwise I would have been true...

Brothelcreeper
11-07-2018, 09:58 PM
A punt a day keeps the doctor away......:shout:

CunningLinguist
12-07-2018, 01:15 AM
When applying for life insurance, did you lie about punting habits?

Which insurance company asks you if you punt ?

deep_explorer
12-07-2018, 07:55 AM
It can be an application to become a priest! :-)
(a simple joke, no offences meant)

AHLUNGOR
12-07-2018, 09:25 AM
Isn’t it right part of the questionnaire before you donate blood is asking if your are gay or participate in high risk sexual activities?

Ps. Things might have changed, I thought that was the case when HIV was at its height many years ago.

sambr
12-07-2018, 09:28 AM
I was asked level of activity. I stated I did regular horizontal aerobic exercise with a local business. Seemed to work

goodtime
12-07-2018, 02:16 PM
There were questions about sex with prostitutes, HIV and anal.

eltran
12-07-2018, 04:54 PM
Insurance companies only ask questions that let them put their prices up. Answer no on everything that seems 'risky'. They'll never find out unless you tell them.

edit - Well, except if you have HIV... that's probably something you need to tell them.

wilisno
12-07-2018, 08:12 PM
Insurance companies only ask questions that let them put their prices up. Answer no on everything that seems 'risky'. They'll never find out unless you tell them.

edit - Well, except if you have HIV... that's probably something you need to tell them.
It’s all good until you make a claim, they won’t pay you if it’s a pre-existing condition and you failed to disclose.

And medical record can be checked easily, you can’t hide them ! ;) ;) ;)

deep_explorer
13-07-2018, 08:06 AM
It’s all good until you make a claim, they won’t pay you if it’s a pre-existing condition and you failed to disclose.

And medical record can be checked easily, you can’t hide them ! ;) ;) ;)

Can insurance access our medical records? That is scary!!
I think they can't do that legally without we giving consent to do so. Some companies will ask for consent to contact your GP (we give the details who). But that does not mean that they can contact all doctors that we have ever met. At least that is my understanding of the data privacy we have.

wilisno
13-07-2018, 01:48 PM
Can insurance access our medical records? That is scary!!
I think they can't do that legally without we giving consent to do so. Some companies will ask for consent to contact your GP (we give the details who). But that does not mean that they can contact all doctors that we have ever met. At least that is my understanding of the data privacy we have.
Of course they can do that ! You might even have signed the consent form when joining !

sambr
13-07-2018, 06:25 PM
Insurance companies have access to your browsing habits and how many times you log into syd99.
I was told by my medical insurance that my premiums will rise because I may go blind reading this website

Mr Bastard
13-07-2018, 07:10 PM
Does life insurance ask if your currently engaged in going down on WL's? Who is your insurer, Vaginas Incorporated? PLEASE

sambr
13-07-2018, 07:14 PM
They do ask about high risk activity and what exercise you do. And they do ask your medical history so you cant lie

Dak2000
14-07-2018, 03:08 PM
Yes I remember being asked directly about punting habits as part of risk assessment questions for a life insurance policy. Made me wonder though as any time with a WL was protected but any time with some random office girl on a Friday night generally wasn’t. Perhaps the question was too narrow in focus. In answer to OP, I lied, don’t do that kind of stuff, partly due to that.

samstewardeb
29-12-2021, 09:18 PM
Instead of life insurance, I just use health insurance. I'm terrified of getting into extreme situations, so I don't really need life insurance either. Especially since I'm well aware of each health insurance plan, I know what's right for me, and you can learn about each plan (https://www.medisupps.com/medicare-supplement-plans/medicare-supplement-plans-2022/) btw. I have many health problems now because of the world situation while I also got sick with Covid. I'm trying to heal my lungs, and I don't know what to do without health insurance. I stopped feeling any tastes and started eating less, which made me lose weight. It would be wonderful to be fully recovered and not feel bad.

MiriamBenjamin
07-07-2022, 02:41 AM
I applied for insurance several times and acted differently in each case. The first time I lied about almost everything on the form. I was denied. The second time I wrote the plain truth and again I was rejected. I thought about it and decided to write the truth, but embellished it so that it seemed that I was telling the truth, but this truth, in fact, is not quite true. And when I submitted the documents to https://www.medigap.com/faqs/top-medicare-insurance-carriers/, I used this tactic, and because of this, I was approved for insurance. The method is effective, but the main thing is not to go overboard in their lies and try to find an idyllic middle ground, in which you are a good person but not idyllic.

cuteguy
07-07-2022, 11:09 AM
I applied for insurance several times and acted differently in each case. The first time I lied about almost everything on the form. I was denied. The second time I wrote the plain truth and again I was rejected.

They won't insure you if they see you as a risk. Can't insurance companies gain access to your medical records these days?

aussiegaigin
07-07-2022, 01:49 PM
If you die, the Ins Co will probably want to see your death certificate/post-mortem report. If that shows a pre-existing condition you did not disclose, they could refuse to pay out. Even if your cause of death was being run over by a bus!

DrBean
07-07-2022, 02:30 PM
Good time - can you please reveal which Insurance company is asking these questions?

It seems highly unethical and discriminatory to refuse or load premiums on the basis of your sexuality.

cuteguy
07-07-2022, 02:32 PM
Good time - can you please reveal which Insurance company is asking these questions?

It seems highly unethical and discriminatory to refuse or load premiums on the basis of your sexuality.

I wonder whether guys like Charlie Sheen would be approved life insurance policies. It's reported he slept with over 10,000 women. Believe it or not!

Riff888
07-07-2022, 03:37 PM
I've had health insurance since 1995 and never had this question.

I did however donate blood and had to stop. I haven't punted since December 2021, so I can potentially donate my O Neg blood again. I've only had two SB partners for the last 3 months so I should be safe now.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

SandroPaling
25-10-2022, 07:21 AM
This is the insurance company's policy, and we must conform to it. I understand it's strange and should be more friendly toward customers, but it is what it is. This is why we should choose very carefully when choosing an insurance company and be more meticulous when signing an insurance contract. Personally, I prefer to speak with an advisor before signing a contract. This is why I asked the employees of the thefinitygroup.com (https://www.thefinitygroup.com/financial-planning-for-physicians) company for help when I got my financial plan. So I recommend you do the same.

Frederic
26-10-2022, 03:06 PM
How could they ever enforce it or know that you had seen a sex worker?

Seems pretty poor form on their part to ask these questions. Maybe even illegal?

Fred Flintstone
26-10-2022, 05:14 PM
They won't insure you if they see you as a risk. Can't insurance companies gain access to your medical records these days?
Only if you sign the consent form

rooter
26-10-2022, 06:49 PM
If you die while doing a double you qualify for double indemnity.

Delf0z
26-10-2022, 08:39 PM
You'll have to just tell them you draw the line at unprotected Coco slides

Sibon
26-10-2022, 10:21 PM
AMP instructed me to upgrade myself to better establishment when I told them I visited Bellevue 12 regularly.

priapus1966
27-10-2022, 12:20 AM
If you die, the Ins Co will probably want to see your death certificate/post-mortem report. If that shows a pre-existing condition you did not disclose, they could refuse to pay out. Even if your cause of death was being run over by a bus!

If you were run over by a bus your heirs would be paid. If you had lied and legally "warranted" that you did not have that pre-existing condition then they could deny the claim. However, warranties are very rare in life insurance contracts.

If you are a member of a superannuation scheme, private schemes usually have a death in service benefit of (commonly) 4 X annual salary. I think the public service has something similar but am not sure.

Sydboy65
27-10-2022, 05:59 PM
AMP instructed me to upgrade myself to better establishment when I told them I visited Bellevue 12 regularly.

Classic comment

Beergut
27-10-2022, 08:36 PM
Human beings , resources ......