PDA

View Full Version : General talk To all aus punting guys worth a read

Doa
06-08-2018, 07:29 PM
The poem that's gone viral after NSW farmer Joanna Collett posted it on the Prime Minister's facebook page:

G’day Mr Turnbull, I trust that you are fine,
Sorry to be bothering you, but there’s something on my mind
I listened to a bloke last week; he had a bit to say
You lot may have heard of him? He delivers all that hay?

He spoke of countless hours and the distances they drive
Feeding starving stock, to keep bush hopes alive
They do not get assistance from your tax funded hat
They do it on their own, all off their own bat

I’m not politically minded and I don’t have any clout
And I know you’ve done a tour, to learn about the drought
But there’s just some burning questions, that have left us feeling beat
Why did we fund a foreign land, to learn to cut up meat?

And what about those soccer boys, who went and got all lost
You pulled out all the bloody stops, plain just showing off
You’ve bigger problems here at home, there’s drought up to our necks
So what does your mob go and do ? Give them big fat cheques!

Don’t they have a government to deal with all this stuff?
Why should it be up to us, what’s with all your fuss?
Should we not be reigning in and look after our own
Have you never heard the phrase “charity starts at home”?

I realise there’s many things, that need an allocation
And I also can appreciate, complex trade relations
I’m not sure if you realise, but if our stock all die,
There won’t be any trade you see, your deals will all run dry

As a rule we’re not a whinging lot, our requests are but a few
Most of us who work the land, are tested, tried and true
We respect that we are guardians, and sustain it for the kids
But I often have to wonder, what future will it bring?

I guess all that I’m wondering, is “where’s the Aussie aid”?
Wrapped up in a swag of tape, only then to be repaid !
There’s Aussie blokes and chicks out there, putting you to shame
Helping fellow Australians, in their time of pain

I’m just a simple farmer, grazier, wife and mum
And even though we’re feeding stock, we’re better off than some
I’ve never had to shoot a cow, who could no longer stand
But many have before me, and I pray, I’m not dealt that hand

So will you take another look; admit that we’re in strife ?
And do more than bloody empathise, before another farmer takes their life ?
I’d like to think you’ll do what’s right and put Australia first
And help your own damn country, before this drought gets any worse

Joanna Collett

Wee Waa NSW

I would like everyone on my Facebook page to copy this and share it
Everyday until something is done
Charity starts at home!

Gentleman20
09-08-2018, 04:40 PM
??? what has that got to do with punting ???

The Professor
09-08-2018, 11:36 PM
Running a farm is a business ....if my business fails do I get govt subsidy?
Could we say running a business is like punting in today's economic climate or should I say environmental climate ( change)?

Just visited a massage shop and thought I'd drop a line.
The punter boys are complaining that services are low
Prices are going up and you don't even get a blow!

So maybe I was thinking that wouldn't it be sick
To let us claim on medicare for pulling of our dick
We promise when we claim Sir, no errors will we make
For many of us it's this or masturbate

So Come on Mr. Turnbill this promise you must keep
Its not like bloody New Zealand - at least they have their sheep!

ok ..I got bored....sorry

Massaddict
09-08-2018, 11:42 PM
Could we say running a business is like punting in today's economic climate or should I say environmental climate ( change)?

Ha made me laugh. Very good!

bjsearcher
10-08-2018, 07:15 AM

ROTFLMAO!!

Agree its a business and you have good times and bad. I have seen good farmers weather hard times by paying down their debt and making improvements to their properties.

When a Massage Shop closes due to a lack of trade do they get aid? No.

popeye96
10-08-2018, 05:46 PM

Bit of a different circumstance. If your business, and every other company in the same business as you failed, would it have an effect on literally every single person in the country? I assume not.

Brissypunter
10-08-2018, 06:28 PM
Yeah we rely on farmers for what we eat !!! You want that to disappear and rely on all the oversea shit !! Come on get out there support the farmers who do a great job providing us food to live .. gov should be giving grants or whatever not loans .. without farmers we all FUCKED

Sticky Date
10-08-2018, 07:03 PM
Yeah we rely on farmers for what we eat !!! ....... without farmers we all FUCKED

Some of us rely on ML for what we eat!!! ....... Without ML we in grave danger of not being FUCKED

The Professor
10-08-2018, 08:52 PM
Yeah we rely on farmers for what we eat !!! You want that to disappear and rely on all the oversea shit !! Come on get out there support the farmers who do a great job providing us food to live .. gov should be giving grants or whatever not loans .. without farmers we all FUCKED
Your simplistic logic - Yeah we rely on farmers for what we eat - is flawed. So unless you want to drive around to every farm and buy their individual produce direct from each producer then you would have to agree that if overseas workers and backpackers who pick the fruit and veg have hardship - we will need to give them grants. Then the trucking companies who take the produce from farms to market we need to give them grants too if they fall on hard times, what about the markets?, and finally what about Coles and Woolworths - I bet the last thing you would agree to is giving those wankers grants.
No we don't rely on farmers for what we eat - we rely on a chain of industries to produce, transport and then sell the produce to us.

Yes I agree we should support farmers but you know the quote about teach a man to fish.....

Anyway lets get back to punter talk...there's a public holiday coming up for most - lets enjoy "stimulating" the economy!

reddoor
10-08-2018, 09:31 PM
Wow! Brissypunter you've been told. 😳

The Professor
10-08-2018, 09:41 PM
Wow! Brissypunter you've been told. ��
Hey reddor I was just stating a point - you make it seem like I was chastising him. This was not my intention.
At least this man has got conviction to a cause which must be respected.
Now can we get back to punting - maybe shops could give a "pubic" holiday discount?????lol

popeye96
12-08-2018, 11:24 AM
Your simplistic logic - Yeah we rely on farmers for what we eat - is flawed. So unless you want to drive around to every farm and buy their individual produce direct from each producer then you would have to agree that if overseas workers and backpackers who pick the fruit and veg have hardship - we will need to give them grants. Then the trucking companies who take the produce from farms to market we need to give them grants too if they fall on hard times, what about the markets?, and finally what about Coles and Woolworths - I bet the last thing you would agree to is giving those wankers grants.
No we don't rely on farmers for what we eat - we rely on a chain of industries to produce, transport and then sell the produce to us.

Nice try making your point, but your argument is clutching at straws at best. Completely moronic at worst.

ABCguy
12-08-2018, 01:06 PM

Yes I agree we should support farmers but you know the quote about teach a man to fish.....

Anyway lets get back to punter talk...there's a public holiday coming up for most - lets enjoy "stimulating" the economy!

Zimbabwe thought like you, look at how many starved to death. Where do you think food originally comes from? Do these chains just magically create them too? Farms are the backbone of any society to survive.

The Professor
12-08-2018, 04:42 PM
"Bit of a different circumstance. If your business, and every other company in the same business as you failed, would it have an effect on literally every single person in the country? I assume not." So using your logic if the transport industry fails or the banking industry fails it would not have an effect on every single person in the country? and whats with the "moronic" comment ...I could just throw abuse at you too without a rebuttal but hey that would only prove I am just like you. Toot toot!
ABC guy - maybe you need to check the real relationship between Zimbabwe farms and the food shortages in that country. You will find many farmers decided to change to a higher cash crop than maize for purely selfish reasons. Causes like high grain price, poor rains and (duh) the political climate over there all added to the many starving to death. But yes white farmers and their intellectual property did contribute to the situation.
As I stated before and I will restate again... Yes I agree we should support the farmers but I believe throwing money at them is not the way to go ...look at the Aust education system with Gonski ..as if that's going to work.

What started as some harmless poetic fun has turned sour ..lets get back to the girls...BTW ...nice Sth American at GIB today. Told me she was from Vietnam ...really? ..when I asked what district she said she was from she said district 5 ..really? ..thats Chinatown in HCM...I suppose she was having a bet both ways... A newbie - didn't know the ropes, tried hard but when it came for the main course didn't understand the normal MO. Left blue balled but around the corner excellent service from chubby Thai.

Brissypunter
12-08-2018, 05:12 PM
Was her name Anna ?

The Professor
12-08-2018, 05:14 PM
Something like that....she mumbled when asked.

Brissypunter
12-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Yeah if her been ther for some time viet not Latino fake tits sexy massage but on flip no play between legs but like tits grabbed hard

brownwallaby
12-08-2018, 08:17 PM
Yeah if her been ther for some time viet not Latino fake tits sexy massage but on flip no play between legs but like tits grabbed hard

Yep, she encouraged me to play her boobs with both hands, her slide play was fun as well. but I can’t stand her moan and dirty talk. Sounds fake. And she’s indeed from Vietnam. To her credit she didn’t ask too much cash

Brissypunter
13-08-2018, 08:15 AM
Yeah I agree with BW the fake mains and groans are a turn off