PDA

View Full Version : General talk a sticky tip

Sticky Date
06-11-2018, 02:27 PM
Thought on this first Tuesday in November, I might offer a tip, if I may.

Have been winning on some nice fillies lately … not at Racecourse Rd Massage ….. but just up the road and around the corner …..at Doomben actually.

I do have a favourite. She’s from the very consistently performing MLE stable, running at either of the Non-identical twin heavenly tracks at Spring Hill or West End …

I’m referring to the very aptly named, imported filly, “Smart Melody”. She’s obviously well bred ….. although I’ve not sighted the dam or sire, she clearly has classy bloodlines. Well educated … with delightful racing manners…. a credit to her trainer. Just resumed track work, and now with that extra zip in her step after a short spell … not on a spelling farm in “the country”, but in “her country” …. of Taiwan, where she freshened up galloping round the paddock with her full sister.

Smart Melody is an absolute peach of a filly …. consistently well presented, well groomed glowing coat and black flowing mane. She’s lightly framed, modestly proportioned and in impeccable condition. Doesn’t have a big powerful ass like Black Caviar, so she’s no sprinter. Doesn’t have the turn of foot of Winx, so middle distance is probably not her best. I pick her as a stayer, with her best yet to come. I’d love to see her over a longer trip. I can see her relishing the extra distance, as the more flighty, and often more fancied fillies, drop off the pace.

She’s not a fast starter, but likes to check out the field and pick her run when she spots her opportunity. I can imagine her with a young colt, maybe a 3 yo like her …. one with a couple of good wins under his belt, and plenty of promise of more wins to come.

as a longshot, I can see her with a late maturing “entire”, whose shown glimpses of red hot form in a checkered career. If his best is yet to come, she could pick him up dramatically over the odds.

Smart Melody can be a bit touchy in the usual sensitive areas so beware not to trigger flightiness. Treat with great respect …. Most outstanding is her focus, which translates to attention to detail in her performances. She certainly knows where the finishing post is… and how to get over the line ... and in good style :-)

Smart Melody is not to be confused with her Kris Lees trained Newcastle based namesake, who travelled to Melbourne in a bid to extend her extraordinary winning streak of 5 from 5 ….and cash in on the bigger Victorian prize money in the Spring Carnival. Taiwanese import , now Brisbane based, Smart Melody is no raider. Been here a while, she’s fully acclimatised. No sign that she’s looking for the quick prize money.

Smart Melody’s basic features, like Winx, while very decent, aren’t outstanding and give little hint of any potentially outstanding performance … and you’ll not find a sweeter natured filly.

Just one word of caution….Don’t expect all the bells and whistles. She isn’t that sort of performer. But what she does, she does immaculately. … a highly disciplined, very honest filly who knows her game and gives maximum effort. She never disappoints.

Like all seriously high calibre fillies, Smart Melody is making steady moves toward her next pasture by furthering her already considerable education. Foal education and development is I believe, the plan, with study of the thoroughbred business currently underway. So she won’t be around for ever. Frankly, I think there is a stallion somewhere out there who will be very fortunate someday. She’ll make a terrific brood mare, as she does adore foals. anyway, good luck to the future stallion. She deserves one with a high pedigree with quality progeny down the track. Smart Melody is currently in tip top condition. Very difficult to go wrong with her. In terms of my selections, I’m very happy to put Smart Melody on top.

BTW, Smart Melody was tipped to me some time back by the Dirty mid-sized Marsupial.

Sticky Date
06-11-2018, 02:31 PM
BTW , if you're looking for a quicker return than on Smart Melody staying the distance.... you can still get about $7 on a circle that could be magic. I did the trifecta standing out the field for 2nd and for 3rd, hoping that in the wet, roughies fill the places.

Magic Circle loves the trip, and has gone longer embarrassing other good horses by 6 lengths then by 8 lengths. He should eat up Flemington in the wet. The others are going to need to bring their a game to get past him... I can't back against him. Good luck if your having a punt yourself :-)

brownwallaby
07-11-2018, 12:37 AM
The MLE stable seems to have a bipolar nature: a heaven for some punters, a hell for the others

JustMetoday
07-11-2018, 10:26 AM
Brown Wallaby or Sticky Date id be most interested in a PM with details please.

darkice
08-11-2018, 11:22 PM
Nice story :) understood most but didn't get what MLE was lol

rockbreaker
10-11-2018, 08:16 PM
I don’t seem to have much luck with the MLE ...

brownwallaby
10-11-2018, 08:28 PM
I don’t seem to have much luck with the MLE ...

don't worry, he never had a session with MLE yet ..... just dreaming about her like most of us, lol

scrim57
10-11-2018, 08:35 PM
No idea where this is lol

November Scorpio
24-12-2018, 12:41 PM
Thought on this first Tuesday in November, I might offer a tip, if I may.

Have been winning on some nice fillies lately … not at Racecourse Rd Massage ….. but just up the road and around the corner …..at Doomben actually.

I do have a favourite. She’s from the very consistently performing MLE stable, running at either of the Non-identical twin heavenly tracks at Spring Hill or West End …

I’m referring to the very aptly named, imported filly, “Smart Melody”. She’s obviously well bred ….. although I’ve not sighted the dam or sire, she clearly has classy bloodlines. Well educated … with delightful racing manners…. a credit to her trainer. Just resumed track work, and now with that extra zip in her step after a short spell … not on a spelling farm in “the country”, but in “her country” …. of Taiwan, where she freshened up galloping round the paddock with her full sister.

Smart Melody is an absolute peach of a filly …. consistently well presented, well groomed glowing coat and black flowing mane. She’s lightly framed, modestly proportioned and in impeccable condition. Doesn’t have a big powerful ass like Black Caviar, so she’s no sprinter. Doesn’t have the turn of foot of Winx, so middle distance is probably not her best. I pick her as a stayer, with her best yet to come. I’d love to see her over a longer trip. I can see her relishing the extra distance, as the more flighty, and often more fancied fillies, drop off the pace.

She’s not a fast starter, but likes to check out the field and pick her run when she spots her opportunity. I can imagine her with a young colt, maybe a 3 yo like her …. one with a couple of good wins under his belt, and plenty of promise of more wins to come.

as a longshot, I can see her with a late maturing “entire”, whose shown glimpses of red hot form in a checkered career. If his best is yet to come, she could pick him up dramatically over the odds.

Smart Melody can be a bit touchy in the usual sensitive areas so beware not to trigger flightiness. Treat with great respect …. Most outstanding is her focus, which translates to attention to detail in her performances. She certainly knows where the finishing post is… and how to get over the line ... and in good style :-)

Smart Melody is not to be confused with her Kris Lees trained Newcastle based namesake, who travelled to Melbourne in a bid to extend her extraordinary winning streak of 5 from 5 ….and cash in on the bigger Victorian prize money in the Spring Carnival. Taiwanese import , now Brisbane based, Smart Melody is no raider. Been here a while, she’s fully acclimatised. No sign that she’s looking for the quick prize money.

Smart Melody’s basic features, like Winx, while very decent, aren’t outstanding and give little hint of any potentially outstanding performance … and you’ll not find a sweeter natured filly.

Just one word of caution….Don’t expect all the bells and whistles. She isn’t that sort of performer. But what she does, she does immaculately. … a highly disciplined, very honest filly who knows her game and gives maximum effort. She never disappoints.

Like all seriously high calibre fillies, Smart Melody is making steady moves toward her next pasture by furthering her already considerable education. Foal education and development is I believe, the plan, with study of the thoroughbred business currently underway. So she won’t be around for ever. Frankly, I think there is a stallion somewhere out there who will be very fortunate someday. She’ll make a terrific brood mare, as she does adore foals. anyway, good luck to the future stallion. She deserves one with a high pedigree with quality progeny down the track. Smart Melody is currently in tip top condition. Very difficult to go wrong with her. In terms of my selections, I’m very happy to put Smart Melody on top.

BTW, Smart Melody was tipped to me some time back by the Dirty mid-sized Marsupial.

Gents, keen to swap any experiences you've had with this fine filly. Feel free to PM me. Cheers NS