PDA

View Full Version : General talk MyHealthrecord in or out

nxrsr20
20-01-2019, 01:00 PM
With the recent STI posts I thought about the new My Health record initiative and the recent cut off date to opt out.

How many people are concerned that their partner will find out about any testing that you may have done?

hornedone
20-01-2019, 01:10 PM
Wouldn't a festering knob stand out more?

harrycd
opt out of course, what is wrong with you?

eltran
OUT.

It makes your health record a public document. There's little to no security against unauthorized access by people who work in the industries that are given access to the system, and it will get hacked externally and everyone's record stolen eventually.

Opt out now.

krnboy
20-01-2019, 03:08 PM
Opt out for sure. Government systems are fukn shit and can get hacked easily.

aussiegaigin
20-01-2019, 07:13 PM
Isn't treatment at a sexual health clinic anonymous? It wouldn't be included in your record?

Effindahead
20-01-2019, 09:46 PM
Due to STI thread, I had USI/STI check booked. It has the option on the paper work to tick the box for my health record. I guess i know the answer now.

Cheers

Riff888
20-01-2019, 11:06 PM
Isn't treatment at a sexual health clinic anonymous? It wouldn't be included in your record?Before I went to the GP to get the green from for a blood test I went to the Sydney Sexual Health Centre at the Eye Hospital at the end of Martin Place.

You have to enter your details on a screen at the counter. You then said to get interviewed. It felt quite normal amongst the other people. I was the only person wearing a suit.

I was called in to a room where a guy asked me a question about my sexual history. I did say I punted, he asked if I have sex with men, I said no.

He then said because my case is not complicated, plus I have a Medicare card and am a citizen that they can't help me. Basically they told me to go to a GP.

True story.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Effindahead
21-01-2019, 12:58 AM
Before I went to the GP to get the green from for a blood test I went to the Sydney Sexual Health Centre at the Eye Hospital at the end of Martin Place.

You have to enter your details on a screen at the counter. You then said to get interviewed. It felt quite normal amongst the other people. I was the only person wearing a suit.

I was called in to a room where a guy asked me a question about my sexual history. I did say I punted, he asked if I have sex with men, I said no.

He then said because my case is not complicated, plus I have a Medicare card and am a citizen that they can't help me. Basically they told me to go to a GP.

True story.

So Sydney sexual health center is not a place to go to if u are Australian citizen? Is the place for non aus only?
I don't understand how the system works

wilisno
21-01-2019, 01:09 AM
So Sydney sexual health center is not a place to go to if u are Australian citizen? Is the place for non aus only?
I don't understand how the system works

They help those who need help more, since Australian citizens are covered by Medicare, they can go to GP for free, but workers and visitors don’t have this option, the system can’t handle too many patients.

Riff888
21-01-2019, 03:50 AM
They help those who need help more, since Australian citizens are covered by Medicare, they can go to GP for free, but workers and visitors don’t have this option, the system can’t handle too many patients.Yes, so best to go to a GP.

Also, they ask lots of questions and you have to complete a computer form, so your records will be on database somewhere.

brotherjim
21-01-2019, 02:03 PM
With the recent STI posts I thought about the new My Health record initiative and the recent cut off date to opt out.

How many people are concerned that their partner will find out about any testing that you may have done?

Unmm if you get tests done using Medicare then even without myhealth there is still a record of that test on the Medicare system anyway. And that record can be seen by anyone who has access to your Medicare account.

Climax598
21-01-2019, 02:14 PM
Unmm if you get tests done using Medicare then even without myhealth there is still a record of that test on the Medicare system anyway. And that record can be seen by anyone who has access to your Medicare account.
Pay cash to see GP and the test without going through Medicare. I know it cost money but you spent $240 for a punt.

nayasa
21-01-2019, 05:51 PM
regardless of what the reason is opt out

aussiegaigin
21-01-2019, 09:37 PM

The Medicare record would show that you had a consultation with Dr X, and perhaps that you had a blood test with ABC Pathology, but would it show the actual results?

CunningLinguist
21-01-2019, 10:25 PM
Pay cash to see GP and the test without going through Medicare. I know it cost money but you spent $240 for a punt.

Is that even possible ?
I tried this once a long time ago and they wouldn't do it without some form of ID ...

CunningLinguist
21-01-2019, 10:26 PM
OPT OUT NOW .

Climax598
21-01-2019, 10:46 PM
Is that even possible ?
I tried this once a long time ago and they wouldn't do it without some form of ID ...
Only for you to register with the doctor for their record keeping. Medicare don't know.

syd_pete79
31-01-2019, 02:30 AM
Part of me likes the idea of having this available for any doctors I see but yeah don't have any faith in their ability to protect the data so....
100% opt out.

vinegarstroke
31-01-2019, 01:57 PM
I don't trust the cunt government with anything, why should I trust them with my data security?
If they were fair dinkum this would be an opt in arrangement.

Opt Out!

nxrsr20
31-01-2019, 05:15 PM
Last day to be able to opt out, make sure you get your decision in.

winboy
31-01-2019, 05:55 PM
out! Thanks for reminder.

jk_268
31-01-2019, 10:06 PM
Out and yes, nothing to do with STIs. More concerns over security

flukeman1
03-02-2019, 03:35 PM
Opt out for sure!

Ozziesam
04-02-2019, 04:43 PM
Each to their own..

When you are punting out of town, what do you do ??

scanboy
05-03-2019, 12:13 PM
What does a health check involve?

f6tornado
05-03-2019, 09:13 PM
Definitely opt out.

trick
06-03-2019, 08:38 AM
Im in, has benefits going between private and public hospitals, as currently their systems don't talk