PDA

View Full Version : General talk Cautionary tale…

Nejums
11-04-2019, 11:18 PM
Well, I was going through some old notebooks I had from my old work place and thinking of using them for the kids as scrap paper and inside one of the books, I found a vip card from Sussex Star. Suffice to say, my heart sank when I realised it was there and that my kids could have potentially picked it up and shown mummy whilst I was at work…

I'm very lucky that I went through the books and found it. I will demolish it when I get a chance as I rarely go there now.

Just wanted to share this experience with you guys as a cautionary tale to always keep that shit safe and well away.

Cheers.

BlackToad
12-04-2019, 12:06 AM
I never take those cards for this sort of reason.

Is the card discrete or does it say massage on it somewhere? You could just say it’s from a coffee shop you used to visit.

rooter
12-04-2019, 12:58 AM
Imagine being caught with a Starbucks frequent customer card.
"How embarrassment!" as Effie would say.
The whole world would know you know nothing about coffee.
In Sydney its maybe OK, people will forgive you, because we are a bogan yobbo city ... but in Melbourne you will be a leper and an untouchable forever

rooter
12-04-2019, 12:58 AM
In Sydney its maybe OK, people will forgive you, because we are a bogan yobbo city ... but in Melbourne you will be a leper and an untouchable forever

Mr Ivor Biggen
12-04-2019, 01:29 AM
Lucky! I've had a couple of near misses like this. You would have had to think quickly if the shit had hit the fan. I'm not a convincing liar. Plead insanity perhaps?

QueenofObi
12-04-2019, 01:42 AM
No wonder why Starbuck in Australia is a standard case study for marketing and business. Ppl here want real coffee, not black water

DanThePuntingMan
12-04-2019, 06:21 AM
I think in the future a lot more shops will go digital with reward systems that they have in place using QR codes that you scan each time and it records your visits then once you reach your reward you just scan the QR code in the shop to redeem.

nxrsr20
12-04-2019, 06:42 AM
Didn't some shops offer to keep the reward cards at their premises for the punter?

mikael66
12-04-2019, 12:37 PM
I wonder if the stamps have expiration. In one of the drawers, i found the old sussex card, which is almost filled up, just two more stamps.

Nejums
12-04-2019, 12:51 PM
I never take those cards for this sort of reason.

Is the card discrete or does it say massage on it somewhere? You could just say it’s from a coffee shop you used to visit.

The card tries to be discreet, but then you read the URL and it says starmassage.com.au.

Gonna put it through the shredder today at work.

I think shops should change their cards to say cafe if they want to go down the rewards card route. It'll certainly save us from having to explain things! Haha

Forward Must Hang
12-04-2019, 02:32 PM

LOL.

Reminds me of the Monty Python line about American beer being like sex in a canoe - it's fucking close to water.

I have a name for Starbucks - I can't believe it's not piss.

FMH

xboyx
12-04-2019, 02:59 PM
would have been funny if your wife took you to the massage place and redeem that card right in front of you, she may think it's legit massage LOL, you dodged a bullet

Nejums
12-04-2019, 04:35 PM
would have been funny if your wife took you to the massage place and redeem that card right in front of you, she may think it's legit massage LOL, you dodged a bullet

Life is unfortunately not a TV show...

rooter
13-04-2019, 08:54 PM

No wonder why Starbuck in Australia is a standard case study for marketing and business. Ppl here want real coffee, not black water

Or even worse than a Starbucks frequent bleeding hemorrhoid would be a Mad Mex frequent bleeding hemorrhoid .