PDA

View Full Version : Question Place next to No 5 Marrickville

Kogey
12-05-2019, 08:48 PM
Just curious, does anyone know what the place next to No 5 is? Ive only been there twice since I dont live nearby but theres been a party at the house next door or two doors down.

rackjack
13-05-2019, 10:18 PM
Just curious, does anyone know what the place next to No 5 is? Ive only been there twice since I dont live nearby but theres been a party at the house next door or two doors down.

Hey mate,

Yeah, it's a D.I.Y. warehouse that has mostly punk and some metal bands playing. They used to be a block over in the laneway but they had to move. The old space was bigger and better but the new venue is still okay. Probably wouldn't appeal to many on here, unless you're a fan of heavier style crust punk and metal fusion style punk like me. They sometimes have more standard punk and ska punk bands too. With the live music scene in Sydney being so bad venue wise, there a quite a few of these style venues in the area. I wouldn't worry about it as punks are generally peaceful and respectful. Despite looking a bit weird to the average person, they're nearly all harmless and I've never seen any trouble there. Punk attitude is mostly just about freedom to do things your own way without judgement. The only thing aggressive about it is the energy of the music.

I'm twenty odd years older than most of the people that go there but have been there several times. Occasionally some bands with older members play there and I have to be careful not to visit M5 when there's a gig on in case someone I know sees me. I don't have a partner, so that's not a problem, but I don't want any cute punk girls whom I might fancy seeing me going into a brothel!

They also use the space for local bands to rehearse but it's unlikely many people would be around outside at those times. Maybe just a bit of noise from inside but it's fairly well sound proofed.

Hope this is helpful and alleviates any potential concerns you might have.

Cheers

Kogey
14-05-2019, 07:03 PM
Thanks for honouring me with your first post! Very helpful. Is there a website I can look up their gig schedule?