PDA

View Full Version : General talk No Punting - help and advice required.

DoMoSan
20-06-2019, 11:02 PM
Hey fellow punters, being feeling under the weather as of late. This flu season is taking its toll. No one is immune. The only thing that is coming is winter.. actually winter has came..
And as the right thing to do, is staying away from the action... this means no release... just fully loaded.
So is there any help and advice to help a brother to stay well and healthy this season. Any good remedies for the flu? Or what to do...

aussiegaigin
20-06-2019, 11:08 PM
Stay in bed, relax, keep warm, drink plenty of water, don 't eat heavy food. No smokes, no grog, if applicable. Your body can recover itself.

rooter
20-06-2019, 11:11 PM
Relax and enjoy your time off bro.
It's a blessing.
2 weeks with no punting is awesome.
So many other things to do
Enjoy your time off bro.
It's all good.
There is more to life than punting.
It's just a hobby, that's all.
Keep things in perspective.

hyperultra
20-06-2019, 11:28 PM
Rooter sounds like you have recovered reading your last review. Congrats

My one health tip is I always wear a scarf in Winter. Lots of colds start after getting a chill on your neck. Lots of fluids and sleep ehen the flu hits

BlackToad
21-06-2019, 12:02 AM
Concentrate on getting better...when you are healthy and ready to punt again you will be as horny as a bull in a paddock full of young heifers.

harrycd
21-06-2019, 12:22 AM
I'll give you my pro tips

Keep your medicine cabinet stocked with 4 tablets (I buy generics)

Zinc
Vitamin C
Paracetamol
Ibuprofen

If I wake up feeling < 80%, I take Zinc and Vitamin C (I used to take it daily, but Im lazy/forgetful in the mornings)
If I have a headache/muscle aches I take a combo of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen (dont exceed daily amounts of this shit)

There are a plethora of Vitamin C+Zinc combo meds, its big money eg, ArmaForce, EmergenC, Airborne etc etc

Also I have seem the Paracetamol/Ibuprofen combo pop up in the last few years

I get flushots only if my work is giving them out for free.

Other Daily Supplements (if I remember to take them)
Fish oil
Vitamin D
Creatine

Also moisturize daily wear sunscreen and floss :shout:

annintofu
21-06-2019, 11:26 PM
i've always wondered if you had flu or cold virus and after a week or so recovered, feeling better, then is it a good idea to shoot your load so that no virus is left stuck in your balls?

storry_teller
22-06-2019, 02:18 PM
Fresh ginger with tea and honey. Also add garlic into daily meals

rooter
22-06-2019, 07:35 PM
Fresh ginger with tea and honey. Also add garlic into daily meals
The WLs will love that! LOL!

krnboy
23-06-2019, 07:22 PM
I'll give you my pro tips

Keep your medicine cabinet stocked with 4 tablets (I buy generics)

Zinc
Vitamin C
Paracetamol
Ibuprofen

If I wake up feeling < 80%, I take Zinc and Vitamin C (I used to take it daily, but Im lazy/forgetful in the mornings)
If I have a headache/muscle aches I take a combo of Paracetamol and Ibuprofen (dont exceed daily amounts of this shit)

There are a plethora of Vitamin C+Zinc combo meds, its big money eg, ArmaForce, EmergenC, Airborne etc etc

Also I have seem the Paracetamol/Ibuprofen combo pop up in the last few years

I get flushots only if my work is giving them out for free.

Other Daily Supplements (if I remember to take them)
Fish oil
Vitamin D
Creatine

Also moisturize daily wear sunscreen and floss :shout:

Ginger tea will be good to have. I'm sick too. Be careful with ibuprofen. It's a blood thinner so if you're blowing your nose and it starts to bleed, it will not stop.

Mataor
26-06-2019, 12:52 AM
Also be careful of too much zinc as heavy metals can build up in your system