PDA

View Full Version : General talk Who tried RedLightRadar_bot?

KrazyR
04-08-2019, 11:37 PM
Hey guys I recently came across a Telegram bot called RedLightRadar_bot (https://t.me/redlightradar_bot)

It worked for me a few times when I could not remember the nearest massage shop in some areas. Basically you send it your location and it replies with the nearest shop. :cool2:

Just wanted to share my findings... Cheers

aussiegaigin
05-08-2019, 04:11 PM
Be careful using that link

liminal
05-08-2019, 09:00 PM
Be careful using that link

Why is that ?

I just use google maps

moby
05-08-2019, 10:26 PM
Google maps does everything
No need for people to visit dodgy websites that are here today, gone tomorrow

No website business plan can overcome the competition killer that is Google

lamb
05-08-2019, 10:36 PM
One day old account with one post that’s an ad for a random suspect service. Delete please.

KrazyR
05-08-2019, 11:50 PM
One day old account with one post that’s an ad for a random suspect service. Delete please.

what can I say - ignorance is bliss

This is a Telegram bot not a website. You cannot open it without having a Telegram messaging app installed on your phone. What I did I sent the desired location to the bot and got listings in a form of reply. Google doesn't do that as shows only places that are registered and you cannot filter them and see private ads..

hope it makes it clear now...

CunningLinguist
10-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Isn't there a forum rule about no advertiising ...

moby
10-08-2019, 08:13 PM
Im very happy with Google maps. Tired of installing additional apps that merely want to upload and harvest my private data
What permissions does this app ask for on installation - access to Contacts information and phone numbers on our phones ?