PDA

View Full Version : General talk Culture and Facebook

murphy
29-09-2019, 09:42 AM
A recent thread suggested that Chinese nonworking suburban girls are dull in bed. I found something recently that challenges this notion. Its an observation only

In my Facebook notifications, I got a message about a possible friend. It was a female contact I know at work. She is around 26 years old, and is a slim very attractive professional Chinese lady.

The point is that a few weeks ago she has posted two photos of her and her friends at a hens night. The photo shows them all at someones home in front of a strippers pole, all ten Asian girlfriends are posing in black underwear. Nothing too rude, but very sexy. My coworker has a sexy slim body, perfect proportions, and long legs. My colleagues black underwear looks more like lingerie, and doesnt leave much to the imagination, and she is lying down at the front of the photo. My work colleague is a uni graduate in a respected field

This Facebook account is visible to everyone, including current and future employers

Her parents look like conservative Chinese, you can see them in the Graduation photo she has also shared on her Facebook account

What do the younger guys here think of this oversharing? People dont realise the consequences of what they are uploading to the world

annintofu
29-09-2019, 09:50 AM
i don't use FB, but after reading this…
im thinking about creating a fake account to view photos like that.

triedforonce
29-09-2019, 09:52 AM
Some employer very conservative about what you can post in social media, one for security reason (i.e title, where you work, check in etc), while related your posting, your friend put herself in questionable position for her in the future. While it's her personal page in social media, adding colleagues as friends could self implicate her and like u said, it could be seen by anyone current and future.

Sent from my ELE-L29 using Tapatalk

local
29-09-2019, 09:52 AM
What do the younger guys here think of this oversharing? Dont people realise the consequences of what you are uploading to the world ?

People really don't think.

I am currently based in Hong Kong, I am not working for any government but private enterprise.
The current project is collecting footage from around this town to set up an identification database.
Its been an ongoing project for several years.
Facebook and other social media is also used "constantly".
Nothing is private anymore.

Oversharing ? ... realise it now, anything shared even privately is not.

murphy
29-09-2019, 10:41 AM
Id share the photos, but obviously for privacy reasons I wouldnt do that.

She has a boyfriend in another photo. Dont guys care what their gf upload onto social media?
Back in the day if my past gf posted herself online in her underwear or lingerie, Id be thinking of dropping her

hornedone
29-09-2019, 11:11 AM
Send me a link to her profile thx

CountryPunter
29-09-2019, 12:22 PM
I'm not one of the younger guys here, but my worry would be that someone could potentially steal your colleagues photo and then use it to advertise a WL somewhere.
Often see adds for girls with only an email address to contact them. Then a link to another site. Obviously scammers but I do wonder where they get the photos from.
Lot of the girls in those pics are the real 'girl next door' types and got to wonder if they've had their pics stolen.
Put stuff on social media seems very risky. This sort of stuff could emerge years later and impact someone's life in a huge way.

aussiegaigin
30-09-2019, 09:58 AM
i don't use FB, but after reading this…
im thinking about creating a fake account to view photos like that.

I tried setting up a fake account on a separate phone recently. Once it was active the first "people you may know" to be recommended were (the real) ME and many of my contacts. No doubt the new me was also recommended to these contacts.

AHLUNGOR
30-09-2019, 07:12 PM
A recent thread suggested that Chinese nonworking suburban girls are dull in bed. I found something recently that challenges this notion. Its an observation only

In my Facebook notifications, I got a message about a possible friend. It was a female contact I know at work. She is around 26 years old, and is a slim very attractive professional Chinese lady.

The point is that a few weeks ago she has posted two photos of her and her friends at a hens night. The photo shows them all at someones home in front of a strippers pole, all ten Asian girlfriends are posing in black underwear. Nothing too rude, but very sexy. My coworker has a sexy slim body, perfect proportions, and long legs. My colleagues black underwear looks more like lingerie, and doesnt leave much to the imagination, and she is lying down at the front of the photo. My work colleague is a uni graduate in a respected field

This Facebook account is visible to everyone, including current and future employers

Her parents look like conservative Chinese, you can see them in the Graduation photo she has also shared on her Facebook account

What do the younger guys here think of this oversharing? People dont realise the consequences of what they are uploading to the world

Do you see more or less of her body in a bikini on the beach if she is on holidays or something! And how common are normal average people posting beach photos all over the Internet ?

Answered your question ?

studsg
30-09-2019, 07:46 PM
You could avoid that by being a bit more clever. But you can't easily avoid the monitoring by governments and motivated private companies with resources, including Facebook and Google.

Forr a decade or so, gps was supposedly only able to be accurate to within about 10 to 100m. Now it is accurate to within 1m. Truth be told, it always was so accurate but the non military use was limited until countries other than the USA were on the verge of setting up their own gps satellites.

I imagine that right now, many conversations held within earshot of a mobile phone, along with all sorts of other data, are recorded and collected routinely by one or other powerful party for later analysis and data mining.

Big brother is watching you in the brave new world.Google home, Amazon Alexa, Apple Siri and Google phones have always been listening. Thats why they can respond when they finally hear you say "Hey Siri"...

But just cos of our alliance, no media will mention that they have been listening & recording for years now. Same as FB, etc that has been scanning & capturing facial recognition too.

But next gen are too preoccupied. Teenagers as young as 12 are posting nuddies to each other until they get caught and appear on current affairs. Go figure eh :)

liminal
30-09-2019, 07:54 PM

You are overheating , sharing and thinking

Be aware if anyone wanted to and with the correct tech resources and motivation, will also find these posts .

You can’t easily apply your visual moral aesthetic let alone ethics to what a 26 year old Chinese born professional will readily see as norm.

It’s also context

So let’s break it down .. they are women they are at a hens night they are in lingerie they are at someone’s home in front of a pole .. OMFG !! So they are slutty ?

What if they were white Anglo rugger buggers on a bucks night and posted similar ?

liminal
30-09-2019, 07:56 PM
Id share the photos, but obviously for privacy reasons I wouldnt do that.

She has a boyfriend in another photo. Dont guys care what their gf upload onto social media?
Back in the day if my past gf posted herself online in her underwear or lingerie, Id be thinking of dropping her

And there ya go Murph.. you nailed it ... ir yourself

I’m going to get some hand sanitiser

Jamez11
30-09-2019, 10:54 PM
I think for some girls, if not most who post these type of pictures are looking for attention and validation. I'm sure guys do it for the same reason. A couple of photo's here and there is one thing, but some really do take it to another level.

murphy
01-10-2019, 10:38 PM
I think for some girls, if not most who post these type of pictures are looking for attention and validation. I'm sure guys do it for the same reason. A couple of photo's here and there is one thing, but some really do take it to another level.

Yes another one of my workmates has a photo of himself smoking a bong. He is another professional and his employers must see these images and be turned off ever promoting him

He is currently on a low rung in the company, in a position he wants to be promoted out of. Theres no logic here, no matter how you rationalise it. Employers commonly go straight to your Facebook page when you are applying for advertised jobs now

But oversharing is a good thing some say. The young are so desensitised to social media these days, they literally have to be taught about the perils to their careers with it. Unfortunately it all seems so harmless to them