PDA

View Full Version : Midas Marrickville Disagreement. Please tell me if I'm in the wrong here

mancolover
20-05-2012, 09:15 AM
So very early this morning I dropped past Midas, to be honest I wasn't expecting much choice as of the hour. To Midas credit I was shown 3 girls one average, one stunner and a great set of tits. The stunner, sry don't remember names, did that stoney faced Korean thing & with tits I knew I been distracted. So when Madam asked for choice, I stated not sure but between the last 2. Before this progressed further I informed that I will need to run down the ATM as it's just outside (as mentioned, early hour & was expecting probably no-one on. So I didn't bring cash in) & that they will charge 10% for cards. Madam asked whether CC or eftpos, I was informed that eftpos doesn't carry the charge. Ok then, transferred some cash over to eftpos account & paid up. I was then brought to the hall to be shown the 2 girls again. Tits comes out and I'm glad I stopped for consideration, not my choice. But before I can say, yep I'll go with Stunner, Madam tells me Stunner has gone home...
Tell Madam this is the one I would have been interested in, Madam says she's leaving, already booked driver. Only these 2 girls, no.1 and tits. State I'm not interested then will have to cancel payment & get my money back. Madam tells me no refund (this instantly gets my back up), only these 2. Tell her she can refund (as it a Legit business and it's the law), and will. Madam again keeps telling me they don't refund, goes of to room to speak with Stunner. Comes back, ok she'll stay, giving another kinda intro. Stunner barely pokes her head out to the hall and looks very unhappy. Firstly if this girl is due to go home I not going to make her stay & furthermore. I not going to risk my punt on girl that's unhappy she has been made/asked to stay back. Shit service will surely follow.
Explain this to Madam, its fine, as above I will take my money please. Conversation has now moved back to reception. Given a bunch of nonsensical justifications and reasons. For some reason there is now a punter standing closely to my left listening in. Through out this I purposely remained low key and non threatening, don't think I even swore once, certainly not directed at her. I this goes on for some time, now also telling me I just want to make sure your happy. I have told her what will make me happy, can I have my money back? At some point she mentions that I can have a refund (maybe when I said I will call the back to cancel it then)but they keep 10%. What for? It was never justified, but was mentioned to me that I know cards have 10% fee, well no I don't. As you told me different. Anyway if you cancel the payment/ refund the money back to the card there is no transaction to either pay tax on or for bank to charge. So no I'm not giving them 10% for nothing.
$16 is not much but this has become a matter of principal now, the lack of customer service/respect. Also at some point another asian guy comes into the room to my right. Guy standing on both sides of me now at this time. Don't know if he show or customer. anyway her proceeds to walk between us, as the is some distance and tries to lay the stink eye on. About as threatening as a butterfly, but would hope he was a customer an not from the shop. Don't see him again.
Start calling the bank, Madam tells me we have 2 girls available now, whilst I was calling shown a thai girl, massive tits and a smoking hot 20 y/o. But I pissed off now and want to call it a day, sick on my money being held ransom on me. She can't explain the 10% so gets out cash and throws each note down at me as I'm sitting now. Swears at me in Mandrin, ask her "pardon?". She stops that continues to carry on as I leave.
Now I know that's long and all. But wanted to explain whole picture. So am I wrong? Besides this could have been handled so much better, don't show girls that are leaving, instead of making it seem like I was fuct, She could have straight away apologised for "the mix up & suggested another couple of girls (even if in a little while) providing a refund?". Offer a refund, I would taken the 20 y/o this morning if I hadn't been put in such negative mood by the time I was introduced & been back for Stunner. Doubled their money for starters, instead of trying to screw me for it then later $16. Probably would gone a few times if these 2 represented new ladies. Now I fear I can't go back and don't want to deal with Madam again.

lonely heart
20-05-2012, 02:00 PM
Always pay cash mate and only hand over the cash after u confirm u can have the goods that u want. These days I sometimes even ask the girl or the reception what the girl can do before I go in. Bad economy means no spare cash to punt and try.

playerz
20-05-2012, 03:13 PM
Same thing happened to me here. Changed a lot since new management. I used to get lots of stars here when Jimmy was running the show. Last time I went, paid cash after receptionist confirmed that K-girl would do BBBJ. Then while waiting, heard them arguing about it outside the door. So when K-girl came in, I asked her if she's comfortable with it, she said no, and then I told receptionist that I chose the wrong girl. After 5 minutes of haggling and arguing, she finally gave my cash back.

Like lonely heart suggested...cash only. Unless you want to be famous like Craig Thompson. Remember that credit card companies profile your spending habits.

mvd
20-05-2012, 04:41 PM
you are not in the wrong, quite poor customer service but you have to expect that sometimes in the punting world.
unlucky bro

retrowolf
20-05-2012, 05:51 PM
That's a shame to hear mate, I had a great time there last week. You've got me thinking of not going back now though. Thanks for standing up for your rights though, I probably would have caved in and just gone with whoever was available, regretting the whole time I was with here.

Better luck next time!

sinchankeren
20-05-2012, 06:49 PM
always bring cash if you go punting....if you expect bbbj or anykind extras close to it, better you go to fs shop!

mancolover
20-05-2012, 07:21 PM
In regards to the cash comments. I offered to get cash in the first place. Fact was she didn't want to give it back regardless if was cash or card. Only difference is she couldn't try to stiff me for the 10%. At least with card I would have my bank on my side to reverse it. Cash would have had nothing.

DeepImpact
20-05-2012, 09:43 PM
Bro Mancolover,

The request for a refund was perfectly reasonable. It is in situations like these that you get to experience the true approach to customer service of a shop. Smiling as you enter is one thing but their reaction when there is an issue is the real test of their attitude to customers. There are plenty of other places to try.

cisco
21-05-2012, 05:06 AM
A friend of a cigarette is a lighter and a friend of wallet is a cash money

Chucky
21-05-2012, 02:46 PM
Bad service, but Midas has gone downhill for many years now brother. But always carry cash for punting, like other brothers advise, and never never never pay before you confirm your selection - this is a golden rule of punting brother!

Travelmate
21-05-2012, 04:41 PM
Brother Chucky is correct

pay cash is good

or

if you go to your regular shop, this may avoid disappointment