PDA

View Full Version : General talk Advice on joining WeChat ?

Basil22
13-10-2019, 10:30 AM
I’ve downloaded WeChat but can’t actually register, as I don’t know anyone with the app that can complete the registration for me. Do you think I can ask a mamasan to scan my QR code for me? Or how did you all do it? Maybe WeChat has increased their security..

asiafever
13-10-2019, 10:42 AM
Never had to do it but yeah a shop might help out, especially if you're a regular. Alternatively if you have a Chinese co-worker etc chances are they have it.

liminal
13-10-2019, 11:16 AM
I’ve downloaded WeChat but can’t actually register, as I don’t know anyone with the app that can complete the registration for me. Do you think I can ask a mamasan to scan my QR code for me? Or how did you all do it? Maybe WeChat has increased their security..

There is no magic to it it’s just like any other app. Delete reload register it’s really straightforward

Deeznutz
13-10-2019, 11:44 AM
I believe you don't need to get verified unless they've just added this process recently?
Which step of joining does it ask you for the verification?

Basil22
13-10-2019, 01:17 PM
I guess they’ve changed their security and verification process. You now need a current user who has had the app for at least 6 months to verify your account. Also they can’t have verified any other accounts in the previous month. I just did a bit of research and it’s in order to combat users with multiple accounts/bots etc.

hornedone
13-10-2019, 06:14 PM
Also allows the military brass in Tianamen Square to obtain further info from verified connections.

annintofu
13-10-2019, 10:01 PM
this is new, and it's making wechat less and less attractive.

guess it would also affect people who want to buy a second punting phone with a punting wechat account.

asiafever
13-10-2019, 10:33 PM
Probably why shops are opening Line accounts.

halfway
14-10-2019, 07:36 AM
Forget it, it's just there way of keeping tabs on you. Got to have a good social credit score over there now to get a train ticket.......

krnboy
14-10-2019, 09:35 AM
WeChat isn't like it used to be.

richamalhotra12
16-10-2019, 07:25 PM
Yeah, WeChat is changed now a lot of restrictions and different version for different region.

Try downloading from Australis's Apple store or Google Store and easy setup process.

syd_lad
17-10-2019, 01:23 AM
Easy setup but whts the point when Wechat has lost the reason guys got onto the app.

aussiegaigin
17-10-2019, 06:08 AM
Girls are out there prowling for guys. If you have a good profile, they will contact you. Sure, there will be some time wasters and scammers, but occasionally some good.

And if you're dealing with MLs/WLs, it gives you anonymity.