PDA

View Full Version : General talk Opal Sunday’s

Sillafest
10-11-2019, 09:34 AM
Anyone use their opal cards on Sunday to make use of the $2.60 travel anywhere cap? If you check google maps you’ll find a brothel walking distance near almost any train station. I usually make an adventure out of it, checking out the different commercial zones, cinemas and grub to eat. All the different brothels are unique to me and just as interesting as the different people you meet.

thefeared
10-11-2019, 02:00 PM
Yep agreed. Good chance to get out into Sydney and not have to worry about driving or parking inconspicuously.

aussiegaigin
10-11-2019, 03:49 PM
All us oldies with Senior's Cards can do it 7 days per week.

CunningLinguist
10-11-2019, 08:29 PM
Anyone use their opal cards on Sunday to make use of the $2.60 travel anywhere cap? If you check google maps you’ll find a brothel walking distance near almost any train station. I usually make an adventure out of it, checking out the different commercial zones, cinemas and grub to eat. All the different brothels are unique to me and just as interesting as the different people you meet.

If you travel more than about 13K round trip then it may be worth it, otherwise cheaper to drive depending on you fuel consumption and if you can park for free ...

Raybo
11-11-2019, 08:50 AM
If you travel more than about 13K round trip then it may be worth it, otherwise cheaper to drive depending on you fuel consumption and if you can park for free ...

Plenty of free parking in Surry Hills on the weekends, but yeah jumping on a bus is just as convenient as well. Also on Saturdays I get half price fares as I normally catch the bus to work during the week so I do 8 trips during the week

sleepy57
11-11-2019, 09:05 AM
How can driving anywhere be cheaper than $2.60 .Do you have an electric car???? One litre of petrol is on average $1.50 .
Plus driving ,risk of speeding fine ,accident ,cannot use phone or text when driving.

Sillafest
11-11-2019, 09:49 AM
Yeah it’s cheaper. It’s also good to go and see part of the state you’ve probably never been before. I use the Kiama to Bondi Junction line and of course this keeps Mr Constance happy!

aussiegaigin
11-11-2019, 11:30 AM
Yeah it’s cheaper. It’s also good to go and see part of the state you’ve probably never been before. I use the Kiama to Bondi Junction line and of course this keeps Mr Constance happy!

Any shops in Kiama?

BuryYourDead
11-11-2019, 06:02 PM
Us working class types have already reached the limit by Friday morning, thus all trips Friday-Sunday are free..
Hi Vis for life.

Sillafest
12-11-2019, 08:41 AM
Any shops in Kiama?

This in call girl is pretty hot

https://m.locanto.com.au/nsw/ID_3269359481/Available-tonight-for-rewards-arrangement-if-you-re-able-to-host.html

AHLUNGOR
12-11-2019, 10:08 AM
Anyone knows if the Light Rail is working in the same system as the current Opal card?

Q1. Once you reach your weekly limits free travel thereafter = free ride on the weekends ?

Q2. Still $2.50 max per day for Gold Opal ?

Thanks

bevis90
12-11-2019, 11:30 AM
It should be . Trams should be up n running soon too

schloong
12-11-2019, 03:51 PM
Anyone knows if the Light Rail is working in the same system as the current Opal card?

Q1. Once you reach your weekly limits free travel thereafter = free ride on the weekends ?

Thanks

Hey Bro AHL:
Q1: not sue about free on weekends after you have reached your weekly limit, but my guess would be yes.
G2: Yep - $2.50 max per day for Gold Opal.

And yes you can use the Opal card on the light rail...

Cheers

aussiegaigin
12-11-2019, 06:00 PM

Thanks
Both LR lines can use Opal with bus equivalent fares. Tap on/off at platform like trains.

1/2 fare after 8 trips; free when you reach the weekly cap.

Gold still $2.50; $2.70 for all on Sundays

https://transportnsw.info/tickets-opal/opal/fares-payments

paddington244
14-11-2019, 11:39 AM
I wish i used it more often I suppose you cant use for country trips
Shane

aussiegaigin
14-11-2019, 05:42 PM
I wish i used it more often I suppose you cant use for country trips
Shane

You can get to Nowra, Goulburn, Bathurst, Scone on it, but not all services.

paddington244
15-11-2019, 07:35 AM
thanks Aussie much appreciated