PDA

View Full Version : Shop info Massage place with hj & health rebate

woodcock
10-01-2020, 08:11 AM
His bros,

I recently upgraded my private health fund & each year i get $450 for physiotherapy.

I was wondering if any one here knows any good places that i can get a rebate & hj near strathfield?

I used to go to one in epping but that is a bit too far for me.

Thank you

F0x
10-01-2020, 08:38 AM
His bros,

I recently upgraded my private health fund & each year i get $450 for physiotherapy.

I was wondering if any one here knows any good places that i can get a rebate & hj near strathfield?

Thank you

Cant say ive heard of a massage place doing Extras who also support health rebates?

Id be kind of worried doing it though, as my Private health is through work, though it would be a sweet deal. Total relaxation/release AND I dont pay the full amount?

👍👍👍

aussiegaigin
10-01-2020, 08:56 AM
Many of the health funds have policies which give limited cover for "remedial massage" services. The shop has to be registered with your fund. I think you get about $25-30 rebate per session. You don't get more if the girl offers extras. The health fund is unlikely to know or care if extras are offered, this is a deal with the girl, not the shop

This is one of those topics that gets dragged out every few months, you could use the search function to find previous info. Perhaps see if your local shops advertise they are registered, then check here to see if there are any reports.

AHLUNGOR
10-01-2020, 09:33 AM
His bros,

Thank you

Mate, you may want to check your health funds cover again , Physio ain’t no remedial massage, two different items , the limits on RM usually only $200/yr.

Cheers

CountryPunter
10-01-2020, 10:04 AM
Went to a place in Wollongong on Wed. Advertised health fund rebates. Legitimate looking certificates on the wall certifying their massage therapists. Jokingly half thought about asking for a receipt.
So maybe could have made a claim.....

AHLUNGOR
10-01-2020, 10:20 AM
Went to a place in Wollongong on Wed. Advertised health fund rebates. Legitimate looking certificates on the wall certifying their massage therapists. Jokingly half thought about asking for a receipt.
So maybe could have made a claim.....

You can only claim if they have one of those EFTPOS machine that linked to health funds where you can claim on the spot, or they have a provider Number on their receipt which you can claim it back yourself. Certificates on the wall means nothing if they are not registered.

Cheers

aussiegaigin
10-01-2020, 12:09 PM
Most of these shops claim to need to have your name and address on file if you intend to claim.

AHLUNGOR
10-01-2020, 12:15 PM
Most of these shops claim to need to have your name and address on file if you intend to claim.

Correct, you will need to fill out a brief personal details and medical history form which they kept on file , all part of the policy and procedures in order to claim benefits !

holi_day
10-01-2020, 01:26 PM
Just spend your private health cover on proper massage or physio. In my case, $450 gives me good number of massage sessions that helps me recover my back from work and exercise. Which in return helps my punting performance a lot.

$450 can't do much anyway in punting.

Pleck
12-01-2020, 04:28 PM
I get $500 with mine but use it for genuine massage

dfs6295
20-01-2020, 01:04 PM
What was the place in Wollongong called mate?

rooter
20-01-2020, 06:56 PM
I don't think a shop with the flashing "OPEN" sign. a few acupuncture posters on the wall, and some Chinese girls in short shorts and tight tank tops running around the place will be a claim you can make on your private health insurance. LOL!
If you can claim that then I should be able to claim a frosty cold beer at my local pub, a gelato from Gelatissimo, a dive in the Great Barrier Reef, a bubble ice tea etc too. LOL!

Crusader
20-01-2020, 08:52 PM
There is. Place in Fairfield that does the HJ and rebate combo. If I remember correctly it was on Nelson st.

wachumba
21-01-2020, 12:06 AM
https://locanto.com.au/sydney/ID_2395457122/Best-Canterbury-QCHERRY-MASSAGE-Shop-25-121-Canterbury-Rd.html

aussiegaigin
21-01-2020, 05:53 AM
https://locanto.com.au/sydney/ID_2395457122/Best-Canterbury-QCHERRY-MASSAGE-Shop-25-121-Canterbury-Rd.html
Oops ... sorry, but the page you are looking for does not exist.

wachumba
21-01-2020, 12:22 PM
https://sydney.locanto.com.au/ID_2395457122/Best-Canterbury-QCHERRY-MASSAGE-Shop-25-121-Canterbury-Rd.html

zorsty
21-01-2020, 01:40 PM
Anyone used it before? How much do you pay upfront if they use the health fund card?

wachumba
21-01-2020, 03:05 PM
Anyone used it before? How much do you pay upfront if they use the health fund card?

Health fund might pay about $25-30 as mentioned above.
If they have those hicaps machine, you pay the massage fee minus the health fund. If they give you a receipt, you pay the full price for massage, then you take the receipt to claim the rebate back yourself.

Some shops, even legitimate shops, charge $5 more for using health fund rebates so best to check price first if claiming.

Ah-D
05-02-2020, 09:47 AM
https://m.locanto.com.au/sydney/ID_2399622251/62A-Moore-St-Massage-the-Second-Best-in-Syd-New-Beautiful-Girl.html

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk

Langdale
06-02-2020, 08:31 AM
There is. Place in Fairfield that does the HJ and rebate combo. If I remember correctly it was on Nelson st.

That’s GOLD!
Only in Australia!

fungongguy
08-09-2020, 07:19 PM
Ive been to a couple of places in wollongong that do health fund rebate for higher price than same massage given as non-health fund - and some that i know do HJ .... theres at least one joint that does health fund rebate and has girls that do FS on the side. I just save the rebate for places with hicaps and good massage ... !!