PDA

View Full Version : General talk Any Sri Lanakn ML ?

rayns
11-01-2020, 06:36 PM
Any Sri Lankan MLs in Sydney any clue ? Please share

Riff888
11-01-2020, 08:30 PM
Lol how would you tell the difference between an Indian or Sri Lankan girl?

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

The Fonz
11-01-2020, 08:47 PM
Lol how would you tell the difference between an Indian or Sri Lankan girl?

Easy, put the two in a room together and see if they talk to each other.
Highly I unlikely you'd get them to strike up a conversation as the Indian will think the Sri Lankan is inferior.
India would have to be one of the most bigoted places on the planet.

Riff888
11-01-2020, 09:16 PM
Easy, put the two in a room together and see if they talk to each other.
Highly I unlikely you'd get them to strike up a conversation as the Indian will think the Sri Lankan is inferior.
India would have to be one of the most bigoted places on the planet.Hmmm, not sure if that's true, there's heaps of Indian's and Sri Lankans in my office and they get on fine.

I'm just saying I wouldn't be able to tell the difference between Indian's and Sri Lankans physically.

aussiegaigin
11-01-2020, 10:21 PM
Bear in my mind a lot of Indians won't talk to each other, if they are mis-matched castes.

Riff888
11-01-2020, 10:34 PM
You guys obviously don't work in the IT industry. Where are you getting this information from lol.

Yes it might cause issues if they have to marry someone from a different caste but I've never seen Indians of different castes refuse to talk to each other, at least not in Australia.

wilisno
11-01-2020, 11:53 PM
You guys obviously don't work in the IT industry. Where are you getting this information from lol.

Yes it might cause issues if they have to marry someone from a different caste but I've never seen Indians of different castes refuse to talk to each other, at least not in Australia.

I haven’t seen that scenario either, all Indians at work talk to each other, in fact, more so than other races, they’ve got so much to talk about ! ;) ;) ;)

Maybe all those who can afford to come to Australia are of higher society, then I don’t know.....

jimbonz
12-01-2020, 12:46 PM
It's unlikely the ones in your office will have this mentality. After moving to Australia, they'll quickly find their caste shit doesn't fly over here.

Riff888
12-01-2020, 12:53 PM
It's unlikely the ones in your office will have this mentality. After moving to Australia, they'll quickly find their caste shit doesn't fly over here.Exactly, this fob indian girl in the office was telling us she's a Bhramin. We were like, no one cares.

That was 2 years ago, she now doesn't even want to date indian guys [emoji1787]

hornedone
12-01-2020, 02:32 PM
You can smell them a mile away

Pleck
12-01-2020, 11:18 PM
You can smell them a mile away

How do they smell different?

aussiegaigin
13-01-2020, 08:07 AM
How do they smell different?

They have different body odour.

AHLUNGOR
13-01-2020, 11:08 AM
I haven’t seen that scenario either, all Indians at work talk to each other, in fact, more so than other races, they’ve got so much to talk about ! ;) ;) ;)

Maybe all those who can afford to come to Australia are of higher society, then I don’t know.....

I got a question, anyone knows if the Indian, Sri Lankan and Pakistan people all speak the same language? Understanding there could be different dialects like in China, but my point is, can they all communicate verbally?

Ps. Obviously I can’t tell the difference who is from where based on their physical appearance! In Hong Kong, all the people from the sub continent are known as 南亞 southern Asian .

AHLUNGOR
13-01-2020, 11:11 AM
Anyone had watched the SBS show: Marry me, marry my family!

Lots of very hot brides there !

wilisno
13-01-2020, 11:48 AM
I got a question, anyone knows if the Indian, Sri Lankan and Pakistan people all speak the same language? Understanding there could be different dialects like in China, but my point is, can they all communicate verbally?

Ps. Obviously I can’t tell the difference who is from where based on their physical appearance! In Hong Kong, all the people from the sub continent are known as 南亞 southern Asian .

No, they don’t. Even Indians themselves have over 1500 dialects, just like Chinese, that’s why we use Mandarin as the official language.

solopuntsydney
13-01-2020, 08:43 PM

Languages in the Indo-Aryan language family is completely different to that in the Dravidian language family. Both are used in India. The difference is as big as that between Indo-Aryan and Sino-Tibetan languages.

Then within each language families you get many different languages instead of dialects. Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam are examples of the Dravidian languages.

nostromo
26-01-2020, 09:38 AM
Not a ML but Midnight Delight in Parramatta has a Sri Lankan girl on the roster.