PDA

View Full Version : General talk Where to go during cny?

supanova
25-01-2020, 04:18 PM
Hello fellows!

As we all know it's Chinese new year and if seems ginza and empire are closed! Some of my fav ml and wl are also back home for new year.

Where do you guys go now this week around?

Or maybe the coronavirus is a good excuse to take a break from punting...?

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

Painterdan
25-01-2020, 04:52 PM
42 Gladesville and 5 Marrickville are going strong. They have a broad range of nationalities and some regulars are on.

rooter
25-01-2020, 05:42 PM
Have a great night
BUT DO NOT BE THAT CREEPY WHITE GUY WITH YELLOW FEVER LURKING AROUND ASIAN FESTIVITIES.
YOU DO NOT BELONG THERE!
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME THERE!
LIFE IS NOT A BROTHEL!
NOT ALL ASIAN GIRLS ARE WLs.
IF YOU ARE NOT PAYING FOR THEIR TIME (or a potential white sugar daddy or rich husband) ASIAN GIRLS DO NOT WANT TO BE WITH YOU.
Your white skin, or high nose, or big blue eyes, or blonde hair, or pink spongy penis do not mean shit if you are not paying for it.
Get real guys
The only reason Asian WLs say so many nice things to you is because you are paying them.
End of story.

boater
25-01-2020, 05:53 PM
Have a great night
BUT DO NOT BE THAT CREEPY WHITE GUY WITH YELLOW FEVER LURKING AROUND ASIAN FESTIVITIES.
YOU DO NOT BELONG THERE!
YOU ARE NOT WELCOME THERE!
Your white skin, or high nose, or big blue eyes, or blonde hair, or pink penis do not mean shit if you are not paying for it, get real guys
End of story.

Give up those insecurities man, enjoy the Multi-culturalism ...

2nd the suggestion of 42 and No 5 today.
Rosters for Chinese New Year
42: http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread.php?48265 (15 on tonight)
No 5: http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread.php?39629 (10 on tonight)

rooter
25-01-2020, 05:54 PM
Give up those insecurities man, enjoy the Multi-culturalism ...

Keep deluding yourself bro

boater
25-01-2020, 06:06 PM
Keep deluding yourself bro

Works for me!

Try actually going along rooter, Chinese New Years (in Sydney at least) is fun and has a good vibe.
Street party in China Town from 5 till 10pm tonight.
Apparently includes giant robotic golden rats!

See: sydneylunarfestival.com

rooter
25-01-2020, 06:09 PM
Works for me!

Try actually going along rooter, Chinese New Years (in Sydney at least) is fun and has a good vibe.
Street party in China Town from 5 till 10pm tonight.
Apparently includes giant robotic golden rats!

See: sydneylunarfestival.com

Enjoy! You are the classic Yellow Fever middle aged average looking whiter than white white guy sad pathetic loser who white girls ignore, but Asian girls you pay for somehow mysteriously find you so alluring and attractive. Have a great night bro. I know where you are coming from. Enjoy! LOL!

hornedone
25-01-2020, 07:31 PM
Let us know how the rat tastes

boater
25-01-2020, 11:25 PM
Let us know how the rat tastes

Not sure about the rat, they were a bit big for me

but the salt and pepper chicken wings were pretty nice
Though the rendition of Waltzing Matilda that a drunk Greek guy got a Chinese lass and I to sing with him at the chicken shop was a touch eccentric given it was Chinese New Year - but that is Multiculturalism in Australia for you - she even knew the words.

boater
25-01-2020, 11:44 PM
Enjoy! You are the classic Yellow Fever middle aged average looking whiter than white white guy sad pathetic loser who white girls ignore, but Asian girls you pay for somehow mysteriously find you so alluring and attractive. Have a great night bro. I know where you are coming from. Enjoy! LOL!

You know Rooter, it is not actually required when you go out to an event, to:

treat it a peep show or
behave like a creep, or even
try and pick up.

It is possible to just go along and behave like a normal human being in the company of others and enjoy the evening out.

Chinese New Year - Sussex Street - Sydney 2020

No "grab arse in the crowd" required to have a good time.

Maybe that is "sad" and even "pathetic" - but good cross section of Sydney clearly disagree and it works for me as an enjoyable evening.
But as they say "Your Mileage May Vary"

boater
25-01-2020, 11:55 PM
p.s. The rats were not robots

Heart breaking ...

boater
26-01-2020, 12:11 AM
The lunar new year celebrations in Sydney would be Australasian festivities.

As indeed they were.

Didn't see anyone bothered by the Caucasian children, parents, old folks, single guys, single ladies, groups or couples. Or by the African couple, or by the throng of Indians.

Multiculturalism is just about respecting cultures, not diving them up and saying "this in only for this group" - "this is only for that group".
Waiting in line for the salt-and-pepper Squid is a coming together sort of thing - not an something exclusionary.

God Member
26-01-2020, 12:29 AM

Chinese New Year - Sussex Street - Sydney 2020

Hey! Cool dragon. :miao:

boater
26-01-2020, 12:49 AM
Hey! Cool dragon. :miao:

Cool, colour changing Dragon

Pleck
26-01-2020, 09:03 AM

I think this could be anyone

hornedone
26-01-2020, 09:09 AM
Abstain and await Chinese WL return from the motherland

boater
26-01-2020, 09:26 AM
I think this could be anyone

Well it could, but generally when someone get that upset, they are projecting from their own experiences.

Painterdan
26-01-2020, 12:45 PM
Well it could, but generally when someone get that upset, they are projecting from their own experiences.

Frustration as the employer is closed for 10 days.

aussiegaigin
26-01-2020, 02:34 PM
"Australasia" is a long standing term for Aus, PNG and NZ, and a few adjacent Pacific islands. Nothing to do with Asia at all.

aussiegaigin
26-01-2020, 02:36 PM

What a let down for me :cry:

hornedone
26-01-2020, 02:37 PM
"Australasia" is a long standing term for Aus, PNG and NZ, and a few adjacent Pacific islands. Nothing to do with Asia at all.

Yep. Was widely in use long before Aussie first embarked to Asia on overseas tours to 'the Orient' in the 1970s (JetSet package to Singapore on a 747)

quackm2002
26-01-2020, 05:06 PM
Boater, I think I would be speaking on behalf of the very large part of the Chinese community when I say you and members of any other race and culture are very welcome to join our new year festivities.

It’s the willingness of people like you who join in our celebrations that have made this country truly multicultural.

Rooter, I honestly don’t know why you hold such polarised views. CNY has been celebrated in Haymarket for decades and all races have been welcomed.

Your comments on WLs can be applied to WLs of any race, not just Asian girls and have absolutely no relevance to CNY. Do you honestly feel all the girls you fck on behalf of Ginza hold such animus against you? Do you feel hostility when you’re having sex with them?

LoveGlove
26-01-2020, 05:51 PM
Boater, I think I would be speaking on behalf of the very large part of the Chinese community when I say you and members of any other race and culture are very welcome to join our new year festivities.

It’s the willingness of people like you who join in our celebrations that have made this country truly multicultural.

Rooter, I honestly don’t know why you hold such polarised views. CNY has been celebrated in Haymarket for decades and all races have been welcomed.

Your comments on WLs can be applied to WLs of any race, not just Asian girls and have absolutely no relevance to CNY. Do you honestly feel all the girls you fck on behalf of Ginza hold such animus against you? Do you feel hostility when you’re having sex with them?

Dude - If you are going to take aim at others I suggest you get your terminology correct.
By calling it Chinese New Year you are excluding all other Asian nationalities be it the Thais, Vietnamese, Koreans, Singaporean’s, Taiwanese etc etc who observe and celebrate the Lunar New Year.

Moreover the observance of the Lunar Cycles is closely linked to the Metonic cycles of our solar system which has a correlation to the Feminine side of our system aka the Menstrual cycles of a female.The Solar cycles is a totally different beast and relates to the Masculine cycles.
This is why certain cultures celebrate lunar cycles and others celebrate solar cycles.

If this is too deep for you then “move right along, there’s nothing to see here!”

God Member
26-01-2020, 07:10 PM
Actually, the observation of the new year lunar cycle in historical times spread from the most influential country in the region - China - to those other countries you mention. So it can be called with a lot of validity, Chinese New Year.

But I do love the sound of Lunar New Year. It edits out nationality.

LoveGlove
26-01-2020, 07:21 PM
Actually, the observation of the new year lunar cycle in historical times spread from the most influential country in the region - China - to those other countries you mention. So it can be called with a lot of validity Chinese New Year.

Suggest you read some more before making those I’ll informed claims.

All ancient and early civilisations observed and celebrated some form of solar and/or lunar cycle...they even worshipped it eg the Annunakis, Sumerians, Egyptians, Aztecs, Mayans, Babylonians, Inca, Persians, Medes etc

These civilisations existed well before the Chinese decided to call it Chinese New Year.
All new civilisations that followed simply adulterated it and called it their own...plagiarist bastards!
“Move right along nothing to see here”

wilisno
26-01-2020, 07:23 PM
Actually, the observation of the new year lunar cycle in historical times spread from the most influential country in the region - China - to those other countries you mention. So it can be called with a lot of validity, Chinese New Year.

But I do love the sound of Lunar New Year. It edits out nationality.
If you check the history.com, you will find that the Chinese Lunar Calendar and the normal Lunar Calendar are two different things. The Chinese added a lot more things in it to make it their own calendar, including all those zodiac Signs and astrology, and they used it to symbolise the start of a new year.

More importantly, in Sydney, the celebrations were organised by the Chinese community to celebrate their new year, all performances like lion dance, dragon dance, golden rat etc are all symbols of the Chinese Lunar Calendar. If this is not a Chinese New Year celebration, what is ?

If other communities organised their own celebrations, there’s no reason they can’t call them Korean New Year celebrations, Cambodian New Year celebrations etc etc

Read some more loveglove !

LoveGlove
26-01-2020, 07:27 PM
Fuck me.....how can you soar like an eagle when you’re flying with ducks.

If you want an intellectual shit fight you’ll need to do a whole lotta reading.

wilisno
26-01-2020, 07:28 PM
Fuck me.....how can you soar like an eagle when you’re flying with ducks.

If you want an intellectual shit fight you’ll need to do a whole lotta reading.

What a confession ! ;) ;) ;)

quackm2002
26-01-2020, 07:40 PM
Enjoying your reading on Wikipedia?

I said CNY and I meant CNY - with intent. The celebrations in Haymarket are about CNY reflecting the historical roots of Haymarket. Didn’t your information on Wikipedia note that Singaporeans and Taiwanese are actually Chinese? I’d point out that in both those countries, it’s referred to as CNY. Really not sure what relevance dead civilisations have to do with this issue.

You’ve missed my point completely. I was making the point that people of other cultures are welcome to join in CNY celebrations, as Boater did.

Thanks for trying so hard but as you said, move along.

supanova
26-01-2020, 08:26 PM
Wowwww I didn't expect the post developed slightly differently until I check it now lol

Seems g42 is the one to go for! Indeed I just went last night hahaa

Any brothers worry about the coronavirus thing though..? It just seems it would go worse.. [emoji848]

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

boater
27-01-2020, 05:51 PM

Well you learn something every day.
Can't say I have ever heard this term prior, but a quick google confirms its essentially what AG says, though the New Zealanders slightly disagree.

----

As to the rest of it, the Festival as a whole (as opposed to the 25th of Jan) is officially the "Sydney Lunar Festival" from Jan 25th to Feb 9th, organised in with the City of Sydney. Website which shows what is on is sydneylunarfestival.com

Performers have come from China and Korea.

There are a LOT of events including:

Lunar Lanterns around Circular Quay from Jan 31st till Feb 8th.
"Sawasdee" Thai Town (Campbell St near Capital Theater) Sat/Sun 8th - 9th Feb, 11:30am to 9:30pm. I think this is a popup restaurant along with a lot of other Thai performances and arts. Metro Hotel. 431 Pitt.
Green Square celebrations Sat 8th Feb 10am to 1pm, Green Square Plaza.
Lion Dances at various times and places.
Dragon Boat 1st and 2nd Feb at Cockle Bay.
There is even "Dumplings at Twilight" at the Zoo (the little one on King Street Wharf - not a bad little zoo - particularly good butterfly room) - plus lots of other Restaurants cashing in.

For more, see the website
sydneylunarfestival.com