PDA

View Full Version : General talk 45 days of no punting and I am loosing interest...anyone feel the same

Bunty4
28-04-2020, 08:16 AM
I use to be a regular RnT guy until last year...loved it..was sometimes doing 3 a week .after Christmas break, as things started to warm up managed only 3 and was going to get back to normal punting when covid arrived and put a hold....now 45 days on I feel no desire to punt...so much has changed, bank balance has been looking good, even on reduced hours, pubs and diners shut have saved a a bucket full of cash.....spent that money yesterday on one of those super comfy massage chairs....I reckon I fell I printed because I could, not because I needed to ...the thrill has worn off....or has it?... Time will tell if MPs open in next couple of months....
As foot note, bloody virus seems to leave it's RNA in infected people only to mutate and be reborn..

aussiegaigin
28-04-2020, 09:11 AM
Would be a bit like smoking. If you can't buy cigarettes, you wean yourself off them. But later, you decide to have one "for old time's sake" and you're hooked again.

rooter
28-04-2020, 09:26 AM
It's like everything.
People think they need something, but actually they don't.
It's just the accessibility and availability of it, that keeps people going back.
Millions of people have stopped playing the pokies, but I am not hearing reports of mass suicides across the country.
People are just getting on with life without pokies.
But when they are back probably 99% of people will start playing them again, simply because they are there.

Bakergeoff
28-04-2020, 09:51 AM
I'm hanging for a smoke

Sent from my HD1900 using Tapatalk

liminal
28-04-2020, 10:23 AM
It's like everything.
It's just the accessibility and availability of it, that keeps people going back.
Millions of people have stopped playing the pokies, but I am not hearing reports of mass suicides across the country.
But when they are back probably 99% of people will start playing them again, simply because they are there.

Easy Access, being a large part of .. how many took their pokie thrill online

krnboy
28-04-2020, 11:13 AM
It's like everything.

Government needs them tax monies from the gamblers

holi_day
28-04-2020, 11:32 AM
I am the opposite. Can't wait for the restrictions to be lifted.

cuteguy
28-04-2020, 12:25 PM
Just counting how much money I have saved.

rooter
28-04-2020, 12:31 PM
I am not really missing punting. But I will start punting again after the lockdown just because it's fun and it's easily available.
Take a hypothetical situation where punting was banned in NSW and you had to fly to Queensland or Victoria for a punt.
Would I fly there once a week? No. Once a month? No. Once or twice a year. Yes.
I was happy when I was punting. I am happy during the lockdown. I will be happy when I start punting again.
I think whether I'm punting or not has little impact on my level of happiness.

CharlieM
28-04-2020, 01:24 PM
I am not really missing punting. But I will start punting again after the lock-down just because it's fun and it's easily available.
Take a hypothetical situation where punting was banned in NSW and you had to fly to Queensland or Victoria for a punt.
I was happy when I was punting. I am happy during the lock-down. I will be happy when I start punting again.

Well said. So am i happy all the same, but i do have my regrets. i have Mondays off and generally its the easiest day for me to punt. But there is always an excuse or something comes up and so i have to wait till the next Monday. As a result i might go for a RNT on Average once a month. Just before Covid19 hit i had the best experience with a ML ever. But the following week we got the lock-down. I promised myself from that moment on that as soon as they lift the restrictions i will make a point of going at least once a week.

Life is short, why deprive yourself of of one of life's pleasures!

onehunglow
28-04-2020, 03:48 PM
Had a pretty busy month punting in the lead up to the closures, so a few weeks downtime wont kill me. Probably a benefit financially - got a little carried away. Was trying to see a girl on the last day the shops were open, but she ended up not working I assume. Keen to get going again when they lift the bans though.

Raybo
28-04-2020, 10:40 PM
I have refrained from punting for long periods in regular times, but this lockdown has made me want to punt more. The thrill of finding action in these times enhances the punt for me.

onehunglow
29-04-2020, 06:14 AM
Could also be that you don't like being told you cannot do something. Everybody in the US wants a haircut if you watch some news outlets.

AHLUNGOR
29-04-2020, 09:07 AM
Could also be that you don't like being told you cannot do something. Everybody in the US wants a haircut if you watch some news outlets.

What about letting the tattoo parlour reopen ! Surely if you want a tattoo, that can wait ??

The Americans just love their “freedom” so much ! now even in the middle of the outbreak, they still want the freedom to choose to whether get infected or not !

Bunty4
29-04-2020, 12:30 PM
What about letting the tattoo parlour reopen ! Surely if you want a tattoo, that can wait ??

The Americans just love their “freedom” so much ! now even in the middle of the outbreak, they still want the freedom to choose to whether get infected or not !
They are crazy capitalist who would be happy to see older generation perish by this virus , thus reducing "burden" on others, who would otherwise need to pay for pension or health... Money is expensive life is cheap....

Climax598
29-04-2020, 12:35 PM
They are crazy capitalist who would be happy to see older generation perish by this virus , thus reducing "burden" on others, who would otherwise need to pay for pension or health... Money is expensive life is cheap....
That is what we call the survival of the fittest.

krnboy
30-04-2020, 11:54 PM
That is what we call the survival of the fittest.

Pretty much what is happening now. The ones who recover will survive. Natural selection perhaps?

imaragingbull
01-05-2020, 12:16 AM

You are just getting the sensationalism reported back in the Australian news. In NYC, the vast majority of people are supportive of the measures put in place to get this under control and save lives. Of course there are the minority that want to protest in smaller counties and exercise their right to be “liberated”... but to take that seriously you are generalising an incredibly small number of the population. The reasons why Australia is having a decent response to the outbreak are not that “the US is such a capitalist society!”, but rather; Australia is less dense, the virus wasn’t as prevalent when restrictions took place, Australia’s health system is far better and has more capacity, Australia doesn’t have such a disparity in social demographics (in NYC, the biggest hit have been Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx and weighted towards black and Latino communities).

Hope Australia can get back to normalcy as soon as it makes sense.

schingchang
01-05-2020, 01:00 AM
I am not really missing punting. But I will start punting again after the lockdown just because it's fun and it's easily available.
I was happy when I was punting. I am happy during the lockdown. I will be happy when I start punting again.

This is the mentality. It's just recreation.

Bunty4
01-05-2020, 09:22 AM
You are just getting the sensationalism reported back in the Australian news. In NYC, the vast majority of people are supportive of the measures put in place to get this under control and save lives. Of course there are the minority that want to protest in smaller counties and exercise their right to be “liberated”... but to take that seriously you are generalising an incredibly small number of the population. The reasons why Australia is having a decent response to the outbreak are not that “the US is such a capitalist society!”, but rather; Australia is less dense, the virus wasn’t as prevalent when restrictions took place, Australia’s health system is far better and has more capacity, Australia doesn’t have such a disparity in social demographics (in NYC, the biggest hit have been Queens, Brooklyn and the Bronx and weighted towards black and Latino communities).

Hope Australia can get back to normalcy as soon as it makes sense.

since orange man is representative of majority then news being broadcasted here in ozland is a good version of ground reality.

rooter
02-05-2020, 12:46 PM
Some say the libido is like a fire. Feed it and stoke it and it burns hotter and brighter. Leave it alone and it goes out...

I can imagine these words being sung to the tune of the song, The Rose. I can hear Bette Midler singing these lyrics ;)

Bunty4
02-05-2020, 07:15 PM
Some say the libido is like a fire. Feed it and stoke it and it burns hotter and brighter. Leave it alone and it goes out...

Hmmm....let's see what strokes do when RnT returns.....but this easing of social distance is scary...little too early

imaragingbull
04-05-2020, 02:11 AM
since orange man is representative of majority then news being broadcasted here in ozland is a good version of ground reality.

It gets clicks and sensationalises everything.

I will tell you that here in NYC... no one barely gives a crap about him (in normal times, nor now). It gets more coverage in Australian news, because it’s so ridiculous and makes good headlines and sound bites.

I get more of my updates on your “orange man” when calling back to family, than I do here.

Take that for what it’s worth, but there aren’t 160 million Americans out there protesting and demanding to be LIBERATED. The overwhelming majority are listening to their state governors orders/measures and doing what is required to get by. This is with over 30 million making unemployment benefit claims...

So no, this society are not happy to watch the oldest and most vulnerable die.

asheton
04-05-2020, 11:15 AM
It gets clicks and sensationalises everything.

I will tell you that here in NYC... no one barely gives a crap about him (in normal times, nor now). It gets more coverage in Australian news, because it’s so ridiculous and makes good headlines and sound bites.

So no, this society are not happy to watch the oldest and most vulnerable die.

That's good to hear because the portrayal via the media here of the average American is they are dumb as a box full of hair. Great clickbait though, angry rednecks with semi-automatic weapons strapped to their chests protesting their loss of civil liberties.

GoldfishMan
07-05-2020, 07:48 PM
I can imagine these words being sung to the tune of the song, The Rose. I can hear Bette Midler singing these lyrics ;)
Nah that's the mantra of a Buddhist monk, it helps with celibacy, lol!
Personally, I'm becoming more and more ravenous. Ogling at any girl I see on the street when previously I would've been more selective.
God I miss Star of Ginza, I would ravage that hot body of hers if I see her now. Hope she's doing alright...

bjl0v3s
08-05-2020, 01:18 PM
feeel the same but only because theres too much effort looking for a private
well, gotta get back to my girlfriend lol

HighFlyer
11-05-2020, 06:19 PM
[QUOTE=Bunty4;1965707]I use to be a regular RnT guy until last year...loved it..was sometimes doing 3 a week ]

Same observation here - the last 6 weeks the interest has waned considerably. For me it's probably a combination of covid19, lack of availability of an easy massage with many choices, and consideration of financial position.
I've managed to have a couple of private home visits (one Viet, one Japan) from contacts I had from shops (massage girls previously that happily converted to FS in my place for an extra tip).
So for those desperate for a session, send a few messages to any of your contacts you never know who might be interested - I did have a few no reply / not interested.

Also at least one of the shops on Sussex st can provide outcall massage, but you need to transfer $150 to them a few days ahead.

cuteguy
14-05-2020, 01:18 AM
[QUOTE=Bunty4;1965707]I use to be a regular RnT guy until last year...loved it..was sometimes doing 3 a week ]

Same observation here - the last 6 weeks the interest has waned considerably. For me it's probably a combination of covid19, lack of availability of an easy massage with many choices, and consideration of financial position.
I've managed to have a couple of private home visits (one Viet, one Japan) from contacts I had from shops (massage girls previously that happily converted to FS in my place for an extra tip).
So for those desperate for a session, send a few messages to any of your contacts you never know who might be interested - I did have a few no reply / not interested.

Also at least one of the shops on Sussex st can provide outcall massage, but you need to transfer $150 to them a few days ahead.

Let me guess. Is it the one that got busted by the police?:question:

cuteguy
14-05-2020, 01:22 AM

Whatever you do, don't be like Nathan Cleary, the NRL footballer who invited 5 girls over to his place for some dancing and then recorded it on TikTok for everyone to view it.:slobber:

Pussyhands
14-05-2020, 06:58 AM
When I first noticed this I went to a urologist to get everything checked

Thankfully I was cleared and my sex drive is returning to normal

Sex is extremely important to some like me - like life blood

Don’t ignore it fellas

warwick1
14-05-2020, 07:24 AM
Whatever you do, don't be like Nathan Cleary, the NRL footballer who invited 5 girls over to his place for some dancing and then recorded it on TikTok for everyone to view it.:slobber:

That no-neck numbnut has all the credentials to be a member of this forum:grimace:

wilisno
14-05-2020, 11:20 AM
That no-neck numbnut has all the credentials to be a member of this forum:grimace:

That’s why you became a member ?

Raybo
14-05-2020, 11:26 AM

Wait for it!!

https://media2.giphy.com/media/HSfLNyKksXbZC/giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51ae136eba110c1124be979901d8e17 7aaabbdfdf84&rid=giphy.gif

warwick1
14-05-2020, 11:33 AM
Pretty much, but I do have a neck...hose me out whenever you like ,I have asked them a couple of times..........

wilisno
14-05-2020, 12:17 PM
Pretty much, but I do have a neck...hose me out whenever you like ,I have asked them a couple of times..........

Yeah, I was told you said you hated the forum for its people and vowed not to come back, asked Admin to clear your posting record, so Admin did all that just for you to come back in a couple of days and started fighting with people again ! That’s why you were ignored this time !

warwick1
14-05-2020, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I was told you said you hated the forum for its people and vowed not to come back, asked Admin to clear your posting record, so Admin did all that just for you to come back in a couple of days and started fighting with people again ! That’s why you were ignored this time !

Cruel but fair......

Macbeth_oz
14-05-2020, 03:39 PM
I am the opposite. 65 years old and busting to go at it again. When the lockdown is lifted I will be out of the gate like Phar Lap

Blayr
14-05-2020, 05:16 PM
Not me. I'll charge brothel ahead like a raging bull once phase 3 kicks in

Dettol
14-05-2020, 06:24 PM

Make sure you wash her beforehand.

TheMaestro
14-05-2020, 07:23 PM
Make sure you wash her beforehand.

Use lots of Dettol! Kills the bacterias.

Sanji2016
15-05-2020, 12:28 AM
Man, I haven’t heard the name of that Legendary horse being said for eons!

cuteguy
16-05-2020, 04:16 PM
Not me. I'll charge brothel ahead like a raging bull once phase 3 kicks in

Still a while to go. Can you hold out for a few months?:slobber:

rooter
29-05-2020, 04:06 PM
Haven't had a punt since February.
Still no change in levels of happiness, satisfaction with life, physical health, mental health.
Actually I was so motivated by the no punting that I thought I would take it to the next level and quit gambling too, then reduced alcohol to a minimum, then reduced sugar to getting close to zero.
Pretty wholesome lifestyle these days.
Well OK, I shoot heroin in between my toes 4 times day, but hey as Lady Bracknell said "A man should always have an occupation of some kind. There are far too many idle men as it is"

thaifetish
29-05-2020, 04:32 PM
i've spent all my punting money on other things now. :)

rooter
29-05-2020, 04:58 PM
i've spent all my punting money on other things now. :)

Good on ya bro. That's the spirit!
Money is just paper or its just an online account with numbers on it.
It isn't anything until you spend it on something that gives you joy and pleasure.
Money is only worth what you spend it on.

Bunty4
29-05-2020, 06:06 PM
Money is just paper or its just online account with numbers on it.
It isn't anything until you spend it on something that gives you joy and pleasure.

Words of wisdom.....

TheMaestro
29-05-2020, 08:12 PM
Money is just paper or its just online account with numbers on it.

Modern philosophy at its finest!

rooter
30-05-2020, 07:56 PM
Words of wisdom.....

Modern philosophy at its finest!

Thanks guys. Enjoy!
I oscillate between stoicism and hedonism (and maybe a few other isms).
I think they are both valid.
But what I have no time for is; stinginess, miserliness, pettiness, pedantism, wowserism
I may have invented a few new nouns here, but you know what I mean.

Warrabong
30-05-2020, 10:32 PM
I’m out because I’m worried about COVID. On a positive I have saved for a motorbike so have something else to ride

lucky59
12-09-2020, 09:06 PM
Must admit the urge had waned but after revisiting the punting scene, the desire has returned full scale:)