PDA

View Full Version : Shop info Sky Day Spa Massage Eight Mile Plains in court

jimmyp
17-07-2020, 09:31 AM
FROM QUEST NEWSPAPERS WEBSITE:

A QUT marketing graduate has been fined $2500 after Prostitution Enforcement Taskforce officers raided his massage parlour and found naked men and women inside.

A court heard a police sting revealed male customers were seen throwing away used condoms in a bin outside a childcare centre after leaving the premises.

Jenn Huei Ting, of Algester, faced Holland Park Magistrates Court on one count of knowingly participating in the provision of prostitution and one count of possession of tainted property.

Melbourne student Ryeowon Kang, who was charged with the same two offences, also told the court that she flew up from Melbourne for 10 days to work at the massage parlour because she was in financial trouble.

The police prosecutor said the taskforce placed the massage parlour under surveillance early this year after receiving a complaint from a legal brothel.

She said officers confirmed a phone number for the business was traced back to Ting and a van seen in an Eight Mile Plains shopping centre carpark, where the parlour was located, was registered to Ting.

They observed men arriving at night, being admitted and then later throwing tissues into a bin outside a childcare centre as they left.

An inspection of the bin found used condoms and condom wrappers inside the tissues.

The front door of the premises was locked, with blinds drawn, so an officer posing as a client made a call to the business’s number.

Upon entering they saw Ting and three rooms with locked doors, the court heard.

Officers then forced the doors and found one naked man and semi-naked women who were not wearing any underwear.

The prosecutor said told Taskforce police that he was unaware sexual activity was happening in the rooms and was shocked.

He pointed to a wall where a sign said sexual services were not provided.

The court also heard Ting received $60 per massage but the girls received $130 for performing oral sex on customers.

Ting’s lawyer told the court on Thursday (July 16) that his client had run Sky Day Spa Massage, at Eight Mile Plains on Brisbane’s southside, for about two years.

His lawyer said Ting earned only $60,000 to $70,000 a year from the massage parlour and had separated from his wife and had to help support twin 10-year-old daughters.

“This is the first offence of this kind (Ting has faced), His criminal history is pretty minor — unrelated matters from eight years ago,’’ his lawyer said.
“He is not the principal offender, he was not engaged in prostitution and has not been charged with running a (prostitution) business.’’

Magistrate Simon Young said Ting had a “great level of moral culpability for having his business used in this regard’’.
“You were aware your business was being used for these (prostitution) purposes.
“It must be denounced and there is a significant element of general deterrence that applies.
You say you were not aware of the prostitution laws but... this was a deliberate and considered business operation.’’

Mr Young took into account Ting’s negligible criminal history, early guilty plea to both charges and the fact the charges related only to the two month surveillance period, not the two years he had run the business.

He fined Ting $2500, ordered he hand over several phones and an iPad used in connection with the business but did not record convictions.

Mr Young said it was unfortunate Ting had taken advantage of the financial trouble Ms Kang found herself in after giving a gambling-addicted friend money.

He said Kang, a business student from Korea, had good character references, showed genuine remorse and had pleaded guilty to both charges at an early stage.

She also had no criminal history and had made full admissions to police when taken to Dutton Park police station.

He fined her a total of $750 and recorded no convictions, partly as she might face deportation if she had a criminal record.

Lunchbox Lover
17-07-2020, 10:28 AM
All this police time and effort for a $2500 fine and a $750 fine.
No convictions.

Great use of resources.

Probably be helpful if we didnt try and get these shops and ladies into trouble by blaring stuff so obviously on this forum, but when the result is such massive punishments lol...why bother?

The police prosecutor said the taskforce placed the massage parlour under surveillance early this year after receiving a complaint from a legal brothel.
They could do this all day and every day for a month....still leaves 600 shops open.

jimmyp
17-07-2020, 11:21 AM
All this police time and effort for a $2500 fine and a $750 fine.
No convictions.

Great use of resources.

Probably be helpful if we didnt try and get these shops and ladies into trouble by blaring stuff so obviously on this forum, but when the result is such massive punishments lol...why bother?

They could do this all day and every day for a month....still leaves 600 shops open.

"He pointed to a wall where a sign said sexual services were not provided"

This must be literally a "Get Out of Jail" free card - the old Sergeant Schultz defence of "I hear nothing, I see nothing, I know nothing!"

APL
17-07-2020, 02:09 PM
I believe its this that sparks the action not what is posted on here they are required to act.

Brissypunter
17-07-2020, 02:24 PM
More to come I bet

darkice
17-07-2020, 04:59 PM
there isn't even any legal brothels nearby............. (that i know of)

tab123
17-07-2020, 05:31 PM
Great article. Thanks for sharing.

I think the important note is that the naked punter didnt get prosecuted?

Brissypunter
17-07-2020, 05:34 PM
lol joking !!! Punter will get done just not as big news as shop getting done that all all punters get done if busted

tab123
17-07-2020, 05:55 PM
Really? It's just that the article is pretty detailed and would have mentioned about the punter if he did get done..

popeye96
17-07-2020, 05:57 PM
Punter may have a different court date/hearing.

Brissypunter
17-07-2020, 06:28 PM
You guys are fucked all punters get done maybe not mentioned but get done !! U must be stupid if u think a punter gets away free lol dumb fucks !! But hey maybe why sky day got done cause the chat on here about early days I see those members gone running .. or maybe be like REDDOOR saying been here done that sure he be looking over shoulder aswell if not he should be

The Professor
17-07-2020, 07:04 PM
As stated every now and then the LE will do a raid like this to show they are earning their pay. Due to the time and resources they hit a place where they know by "intel" that a conviction will be successful. Its obvious for a paltry $2500 fine and $750 fine that everyone is not really interested its just something they have to do every now and then. If you are getting it good keep your mouth shut, correspond by PM and don't tell the world. Back in WW2 we used to say "Loose lips sink ships" and today no one likes loose lips ( both kinds lol). It amazes me how some posters presume to know the Criminal Code - fyi do you know that your 3rd time being caught on a premises suspected of being used for prostitution in Qld can land you a 7 Yr jail term?
We all know there are quite a few establishments that could be the next to fall prey to our boys in blue - don't let it be your favorite nor your friendly provider. Discretion, my friends.
Puff puff Prof

darkice
17-07-2020, 10:33 PM
they also took the phones so not sure if there will be any follow up on that. But no real evidence anyway.

ococpunt
18-07-2020, 09:15 AM
obviously there weren't any concrete evidence on the case except for the girl's confession, all that work for approx $3000 worth of fines (without convictions) shows why there are still so many shops around

scrim57
18-07-2020, 10:52 AM
Never had anything except massage at this shop so it's bullshit they got fined. I think many others will agree with me on this forum. Hope winter is ok.

reddoor
18-07-2020, 01:36 PM
Near childcare. Bad idea.
Whats the law on that? I dont think they r subject to location laws like brothels. If u take into account the number of shops and the number of day care centers and schools it would seem a daunting task indeed to set up a shop that isn't near a school etc.
I suppose it depends if council has any stated regulation distance laws which i doubt.

HST
18-07-2020, 03:34 PM
Whats the law on that? I dont think they r subject to location laws like brothels. If u take into account the number of shops and the number of day care centers and schools it would seem a daunting task indeed to set up a shop that isn't near a school etc.
I suppose it depends if council has any stated regulation distance laws which i doubt.
I think he meant it's a bad idea because women don't want to see seedy men (in their opinion) in the vicinity of a childcare centre, not because it's against the law. Punters were seen dropping a few "packages" in the bin outside the childcare centre too so someone put two and two together...

dt333
18-07-2020, 04:05 PM
A good lawyer would've used the pics or it didn't happen defence.

merlin200
18-07-2020, 07:55 PM
Ting was unaware sexual activity was happening in the rooms and was shocked. He pointed to a wall where a sign said sexual services were not provided.
Any owner that even hints at using this excuse is stupid . Everyone knows that All owners are fully aware what goes on brhind closed doors and how much money it brings that's why they own the business. Most of them have in the past/ or still enjoy the tips they get

Lunchbox Lover
18-07-2020, 08:22 PM
Ting was unaware sexual activity was happening in the rooms and was shocked. He pointed to a wall where a sign said sexual services were not provided.
Any owner that even hints at using this excuse is stupid . Everyone knows that All owners are fully aware what goes on brhind closed doors and how much money it brings that's why they own the business. Most of them have in the past/ or still enjoy the tips they get
He is one of the more aware owners....for various reasons and takes care of his customers. Admitting lots of things that brings a bigger fine or a jail sentence would be pretty stupid now wouldnt it?
Admit nothing and let the burden be on the state to prove it.
Most owners know what happens sure, but no lady is 100% likely to do anything. Depends on the customer, the money and the mood. Sometimes regulars with a lady get a different level of service. An owner cannot with 100% certainty know what happens...except maybe the former operator of Zen who possibly had inside room information at his disposal.

merlin200
18-07-2020, 09:02 PM
"Admitting lots of things that brings a bigger fine or a jail sentence would be pretty stupid now wouldnt it?"

I don't think my comment hinted in anyway that the owner should admit anything. I simply said using the excuse you don't know whats happening in the rooms is stupid. Meaning have a better excuse ready that sounds more plausible

brownwallaby
18-07-2020, 09:54 PM
One girl told me during the recruitment interview the boss asked for a cut from the tips that the girls get at this shop. He claimed that he knows how much each customer tips. The girl thought this was weird and she didn’t sign in

4FoW2
18-07-2020, 10:54 PM
Is this for real?
Cameras in rooms. Mates of owners testing the ML and seeing what they will do. Girls acting as informants for the boss about other girls. This ain't the boys scouts you know.
This business is all about money. I think owners would call it "protecting their investments"

ococpunt
20-07-2020, 11:29 AM
One girl told me during the recruitment interview the boss asked for a cut from the tips that the girls get at this shop. He claimed that he knows how much each customer tips. The girl thought this was weird and she didn’t sign in

I believe the owner does get a cut (10%?), but most of the MLs are more than happy to work there, this is a heavy tipping shop from what I know :D

kenzo
20-07-2020, 03:31 PM
Thanks for letting us know, I personally never been to that shop.

It's quiet stupid to open the open next to the childcare centre. Imaging those parents/mums drop kids to school and see the sign..

aussiegaigin
22-07-2020, 10:28 AM
Thanks for letting us know, I personally never been to that shop.

It's quiet stupid to open the open next to the childcare centre. Imaging those parents/mums drop kids to school and see the sign..

There are massage shops in shopping centres; no one bats an eyelid at these. So is one in a strip of other shops likely to attract much more attention? Only a very small % of people (outside of punters) would even know what goes on inside. Most of the activity in these shops would occur outside of care hours, and is a 2 year old kid going to be offended? Condoms in the skip bin? Who is going to look in there regularly?

Glad I live/punt in Sydney where we don't have these problems.

thewidebluesea
22-07-2020, 08:37 PM
Back in WW2 we used to say "Loose lips sink ships"

Geez Professor, exactly how old are you? My maths put you at 90+ if you were in fact around during WW2 … lol :)

The Professor
22-07-2020, 10:36 PM
Back in WW2 we used to say "Loose lips sink ships"
Geez Professor, exactly how old are you? My maths put you at 90+ if you were in fact around during WW2 … lol :)

"We" in this context refers to the voice of collective wisdom.
No I was not involved in WW2, but in 'Nam, Forrest, Bubba and I used to get some R & R at My Khe which we fondly called China Beach near Da Nang.
I still get chills when Asian girls say to me " I love you long time" and that Channel 7 chopper flies over.
Puff Puff Prof

Yellow Fever
23-07-2020, 07:30 AM
I believe the owner does get a cut (10%?), but most of the MLs are more than happy to work there, this is a heavy tipping shop from what I know :D

Surely 10% can’t be correct?
Iboss @ Smile takes 50% of everything......even home visits!!!

4FoW2
23-07-2020, 08:51 AM
"We" in this context refers to the voice of collective wisdom.
No I was not involved in WW2, but in 'Nam, Forrest, Bubba and I used to get some R & R at My Khe which we fondly called China Beach near Da Nang.
I still get chills when Asian girls say to me " I love you long time" and that Channel 7 chopper flies over.
Puff Puff Prof

So I guess you were only 19?
So that makes you somewhere between 64 and 69 ish????
Go Prof!!!! lol