PDA

View Full Version : Question Contact tracing

deep_explorer
26-08-2020, 12:24 AM
Has anyone been involved in contact tracing related to punting? How is it done? Are there any cases linked to punting??

booty_duty
26-08-2020, 01:22 AM
I strongly doubt that anyone would confess to NSW Health that they had visited a punting establishment if they tested positive for Covid and were required to disclose their travel history for the past fortnight.

Owing to the general societal shame attached to our activities, no matter how much we all want to do the right thing, no punter would want to risk being potentially outed as engaging in such activities so will stay silent.

Thus far, there hasn't been any verified cases linked to punting otherwise it would already be all over the press - it has all the makings of sensationalist journalism and they would have a field day.

Could you imagine switching on the news and hearing about:

"A new case confirmed today, person visited XYZ Brothel and said establishment has now been closed for deep cleaning - NSW Health are now contact tracing"

CharlieM
26-08-2020, 09:49 AM
What if a ML or WL should result positive in a test? Would she reveal to the Authorities where she works? I doubt it. Maybe a fully legit establishment would. Especially if they are keeping records (albeit mostly fake) of all that have visited. Still doubt it though.

And for sure, the media would have a field day. The press have enjoyed reporting every school or small business that are even suspected of having a link with an infected person. Can you imagine a FS or RnT joint. And i can imagine there would be a push to lock them all down.

deep_explorer
26-08-2020, 11:42 PM
Cant imagine 2-3 TV channels in front of the house! ha ha ha....

cuteguy
27-08-2020, 12:09 AM
What if a ML or WL should result positive in a test? Would she reveal to the Authorities where she works? I doubt it. Maybe a fully legit establishment would. Especially if they are keeping records (albeit mostly fake) of all that have visited. Still doubt it though.

And for sure, the media would have a field day. The press have enjoyed reporting every school or small business that are even suspected of having a link with an infected person. Can you imagine a FS or RnT joint. And i can imagine there would be a push to lock them all down.

Has there been any report of a RNT or FS shop in Australia having a COVID-19 case and was required to close down? Probably not. If any girls fell ill, would they report it to their bosses/owners? Probably not. Any reports of a punter infected with COVID-19 revealing to health authorities which places he visited prior to contracting the virus? Probably not.

Can you imagine any shops having to close down for deep cleaning and what the cleaners would discover? Bring out the light!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wV9UKIrP-Pw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKhTqePNrPs

fook1
27-08-2020, 12:24 AM
No one will tell the contact tracing team they've been to a brothel. Most likely the unknown cases are probably from brothels, strip clubs, rnt or cheating.

The girls working at these places are generally young in their 20s so high chance they will be asymptomatic and won't feel anything even if they caught it. Wouldn't go and get tested and just take a few days off if they do become sick.

smallasian
27-08-2020, 12:46 AM
Yeah it's a bit tough in NSW since there's only a new cases everyday, you could easily be identified to your colleagues as one of the brothel cases :sweat:

Having said that, if you're working from home, you can at least delay notifying your workplace (assuming you're asymptomatic and don't need to take sick leave) so hopefully no one would know it was you...

TangoEcho
27-08-2020, 08:03 PM
They can't identify who you are if you test positive for privacy reasons

booty_duty
27-08-2020, 09:20 PM
They can't identify who you are if you test positive for privacy reasons

Yes, but if there's only one case that day or only a handful of cases, and you've just tested positive and contacted your workplace to advise, it would raise suspicions, no?

dwx
30-08-2020, 01:21 PM
A question for this forum, does anyone here know of anyone who has got covid,
and they think it was most likely from punting?

cuteguy
30-08-2020, 02:57 PM
Surely someone who has contracted covid in the last few weeks has been to a brothel just before.

When the health authorities report that the source is unknown it makes you wonder whether it came from a brothel or RNT place. So far, no shop has been closed yet.

booty_duty
30-08-2020, 05:11 PM
No one's gonna fess up to having visited a brothel if questioned by NSW Health for contact tracing, etc.

A massage parlour? Maybe if it's one that totally comes across as legitimate with no hanky panky occurring behind closed doors.

aussiegaigin
31-08-2020, 07:59 AM
Yes, the puritan class would take notice, but there has been no suggestion that all schools or all gyms should be shut down because of a few isolated reports; there would be no reason to panic because ONE shop gets outed.

smallasian
31-08-2020, 07:43 PM
Yes, the puritan class would take notice, but there has been no suggestion that all schools or all gyms should be shut down because of a few isolated reports; there would be no reason to panic because ONE shop gets outed.

To be fair, schools and, to a lesser extent, gyms are considered more critical in society. Brothels and Massage parlours, on the other hand, are not (and unlike bars and restaurants, don't also support a large part of the economy) so I reckon there'd definitely be calls for them to shut again...

someguy88
09-09-2020, 02:49 PM
I haven't fully researched this or know of anyone who tested positive, but what extent can the contact tracers can go to in determine the sources of the infection? If there's only a few cases a day and there's an unknown source, I'd imagine they'd be looking hard to try and find the link?

Thinking worst case, say if you test positive and leave out visiting any establishments, (assuming a WL/owner tests positive as well) genome sequencing (possibly also CCTV footage) could suggest there's a link, and if the media gets hold of this theory they'd at least raise the question or be pushing for some sort of punishment/jail time of individuals involved especially if they found out it was from being dishonest.

And for those working for larger companies where you have to submit your covid status daily, it's a double edge sword, if a establishment comes up on the list of hot spots you have three options:
1. Declare you were at an establishment, get tested and isolate for two weeks. But there is a risk of embarrassment and even though it's done in your own time I wouldn't be surprised if the company doesn't let it go easily (#cancelculture still a thing?).
2. Not declare you were there. But if you do test positive and claim the source was unknown (deny being at a specific hot spot), with only one or two cases a day and with enough media attention (given assumption above), you could possibly be outed and this too might be something the company could pursue, if not for moral grounds about your past time activities at least for being dishonest risking the lives of other employees and their families.
3. Not declare, Test positive, play dumb not knowing the venue was on the hot spot list. But still risking being outed and have the consequences of either options 1 or 2.

TangoEcho
09-09-2020, 08:08 PM
I haven't fully researched this or know of anyone who tested positive, but what extent can the contact tracers can go to in determine the sources of the infection? If there's only a few cases a day and there's an unknown source, I'd imagine they'd be looking hard to try and find the link?

Thinking worst case, say if you test positive and leave out visiting any establishments, (assuming a WL/owner tests positive as well) genome sequencing (possibly also CCTV footage) could suggest there's a link, and if the media gets hold of this theory they'd at least raise the question or be pushing for some sort of punishment/jail time of individuals involved especially if they found out it was from being dishonest.

And for those working for larger companies where you have to submit your covid status daily, it's a double edge sword, if a establishment comes up on the list of hot spots you have three options:
1. Declare you were at an establishment, get tested and isolate for two weeks. But there is a risk of embarrassment and even though it's done in your own time I wouldn't be surprised if the company doesn't let it go easily (#cancelculture still a thing?).
2. Not declare you were there. But if you do test positive and claim the source was unknown (deny being at a specific hot spot), with only one or two cases a day and with enough media attention (given assumption above), you could possibly be outed and this too might be something the company could pursue, if not for moral grounds about your past time activities at least for being dishonest risking the lives of other employees and their families.
3. Not declare, Test positive, play dumb not knowing the venue was on the hot spot list. But still risking being outed and have the consequences of either options 1 or 2.

Are they asking people to check into a FS place? Only seen it once in a RNT. Don't think I'd give right details.

someguy88
09-09-2020, 08:56 PM
As in a covid register at a FS joint? The few times I've been I haven't seen one used, unless they keep a record of your phone number used to make a booking so they don't get fined.

Which if that's the case and contact tracers can look up a name associated to a number? Then I guess thats another way you could be outed, if a individual who tested positive declares the FS joint as a place they've visited.

tpol
09-09-2020, 10:01 PM
They tie up the condom and timestamp them and store them. Then throw them away after 14 days

someguy88
10-09-2020, 12:45 AM
They tie up the condom and timestamp them and store them. Then throw them away after 14 days

Hahaha, but what happens if you CIM?

fungongguy
10-09-2020, 09:26 AM
For those cases I am sure they’ll get plenty of DNA and be able to work it out when they analyse the back of throat : nose COVID test ...

Gonglad
10-09-2020, 09:32 AM
The fact that they are not contact tracing shows how dodgy the whole process is in general. You have to contact trace at so many places... ie. getting a take away coffee