Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Service App

Senior Member(無間使者)

Question NSW Service App

I heard that from Jan 1, it is now required to register either thru the App or by QR code. Is this true?

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    In some places. Look on the Service NSW web site

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikael66 View Post
    I heard that from Jan 1, it is now required to register either thru the App or by QR code. Is this true?
    Even if it was, can you see shops enforcing it ? (not untill some fines occur I'll bet !!)

Mind you that it would be difficult to police in the "private places" rather than the shops...

Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Even if it was, can you see shops enforcing it ? (not untill some fines occur I'll bet !!)

Mind you that it would be difficult to police in the "private places" rather than the shops...
    I read somewhere all businesses have been given time to implement the service nsw app for QR solution, as most Home grown solutions are useless.

Businesses that don't have this done will get fines.

Let's see if the businesses include massage / brothel but there is no reason why it wouldnt.??

Be interesting to see if it's enforced.
    Sage

Senior Member(無間使者)
    They have started implementing it yesterday in some hospitality venues.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I saw it yesterday in a Wollongong massage shop

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    From what i know all massage places need a NSW Gov registered approved covid safe plan that needs to be on the premise, practiced and all staff trained in. You need to have NSW QR code. Up until a little while ago you had the option to use code via scan or get names and phone numbers and enter electronically into spread sheet to send to gov if requested. Pretty soon but i think you will have to scan in. That info is held for 21 days then deleted

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Better to just embrace it and go along with the QR code, if their is an outbreak from a shop the contact trackers will find you anyway.
    Try and dodge it you’ll probably get your face splattered on tv.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    What would you do? Provide your details for remain anonymous by registering a fake name and phone number?
    I have been to pubs and restaurants where the business or employees has little care for the customers privacy. I witnessed a list of all patreons - full name and mobile number. I am sure most punters would prefer their contact details obfuscated or would you care because the urge is greater than your privacy? If a government official contacted you from a shop list would you care to be found out?
    I can see from the responses already that some: embrace it and will provide their details. I would imagine some will stop punting or go private which we know is normally unmatched with shops in terms of value and quality.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Minathy8724 View Post
    What would you do? Provide your details for remain anonymous by registering a fake name and phone number?
    I have been to pubs and restaurants where the business or employees has little care for the customers privacy. I witnessed a list of all patreons - full name and mobile number. I am sure most punters would prefer their contact details obfuscated or would you care because the urge is greater than your privacy? If a government official contacted you from a shop list would you care to be found out?
    I can see from the responses already that some: embrace it and will provide their details. I would imagine some will stop punting or go private which we know is normally unmatched with shops in terms of value and quality.
    I should have read the OP comments first. Given businesses must use Service NSW QR codes or face a fine and customers sign in through the app, would you continue punting?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I should have read the OP comments first. Given businesses must use Service NSW QR codes or face a fine and customers sign in through the app, would you continue punting?
    My brain may say NO but my little brother will say YES. This is going to be nightmare but in the end I think will still punt.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Hopefully the NSW government have better security measures than a lot of the questionable third party solutions...

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I’ll be giving it a break for awhile but I know it is harder for some than others As my name states I’m more use to going without!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It is now mandatory for all hospitality venues. They need it in case there is an outbreak, can easily contact you or your family.

Banned
    On the news, there has been no specific reference to massage shops and brothels requiring all persons coming on their premises to scan the Service NSW app. Has anyone seen such references so far?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...eping/qr-codes
    business that must use mandatory electronic check-in includes strip clubs and sex services premises

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I signed up for an service NSW account the other day and part of the signup procedure was verification of the phone number you provide and think option of email address instead. So no giving false contact details.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    The QR code will take you to a web form option where you can enter your details manually each time of you want to be careful about the data you provide

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by puntingtom View Post
    The QR code will take you to a web form option where you can enter your details manually each time of you want to be careful about the data you provide

For the standard check-in most places are using, or the Service NSW app?

Quote Originally Posted by mikael66 View Post
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...eping/qr-codes
    business that must use mandatory electronic check-in includes strip clubs and sex services premises
    Giving the government a record that you've visited a brothel. Great.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by puntingtom View Post
    That's the old way, new way is the service app, that reads the QR codes and the Contact Tracers then can access this data directly if required when an outbreak occurs.
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...ervice-nsw-app

Thats why you can't do Donald Duck or give fake mobiles.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast