Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: NSW Service App

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albwick View Post
    That's the old way, new way is the service app, that reads the QR codes and the Contact Tracers then can access this data directly if required when an outbreak occurs.
    https://www.nsw.gov.au/covid-19/covi...ervice-nsw-app

Thats why you can't do Donald Duck or give fake mobiles.
    From the same page:

"Customers who have the Service NSW app installed will be taken to the check in.
    Customers who don't have the Service NSW app installed will get two options:
    - download the Service NSW app, create an account and check in
    - check in using an online form."

Basically, you're under no obligation whatsoever to use the Service NSW app. If you don't have it, or simply don't want to use it for checking in at venues, the online web form remains an option - at least for now.

Only hospitality venues and hairdressers that need to use Government QR code system, other venues can use any third party QR providers

And for the QR code online form, you can fill in using Donald Duck or Mickey Mouse as well if you want.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    My experience yesterday at my local Massage shop had the Service NSW QR code - signed in no option to change name and didn't care anyway - they whole point is to contact you so you don't become a spreader - considering the potential consequences of that are significantly more shameful that being found to have gone to a massage shop I've no problems. It seems to me particularly selfish to be using a pseudonym and fake number in these circumstances. The health industry is built upon discretion, the risk of being properly/ publicly 'outed' by the COVID tracking teams is pretty low.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I've had a few friends who were contacted based on the app. The problem is that they sometimes say that police will do random checks to ensure you're isolating at home.

Quote Originally Posted by birch View Post
    My experience yesterday at my local Massage shop had the Service NSW QR code - signed in no option to change name and didn't care anyway - they whole point is to contact you so you don't become a spreader - considering the potential consequences of that are significantly more shameful that being found to have gone to a massage shop I've no problems. It seems to me particularly selfish to be using a pseudonym and fake number in these circumstances. The health industry is built upon discretion, the risk of being properly/ publicly 'outed' by the COVID tracking teams is pretty low.
    Sorry I hasn’t been to the shop with the ServiceNSW QR code, so don’t know what their online form looks like.

Maybe it’s better that you can’t change the contact detail.

I've had the app before Covid since they released your driver's licence digitally. You don't need your physical licence anymore, just show them your licence on the app. It also has registration and demerit point info. You can even pay parking fines via the app.

There's no point giving fake information, there may be worse consequences for doing that.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Senior Member(無間使者)
    For those completing the web form with fake details.... don’t forget you can still be tracked down by the IP address of your phone

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenix555 View Post
    Sorry I hasn’t been to the shop with the ServiceNSW QR code, so don’t know what their online form looks like.

Maybe it’s better that you can’t change the contact detail.
    I don't think there is any form associated with this app/QR. When you scan the code, the app recognises where you are simply asks you to "Check in now"by pressing a button; the page stays visible until you press the "check out" button. It also retains your last check-in.
    Are you referring to a form you complete with the shop if you don't have the app?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    From the same page:

"Customers who have the Service NSW app installed will be taken to the check in.
    Customers who don't have the Service NSW app installed will get two options:
    - download the Service NSW app, create an account and check in
    - check in using an online form."

Basically, you're under no obligation whatsoever to use the Service NSW app. If you don't have it, or simply don't want to use it for checking in at venues, the online web form remains an option - at least for now.
    I didn’t see that option when I first scanned a service NSW QR code.

Plus sure they don’t verify you even if using a web form? Especially as seeing the whole reason they are mandating use of the service nsw system is to ensure genuine contact details are provided.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I don't think there is any form associated with this app/QR. When you scan the code, the app recognises where you are simply asks you to "Check in now"by pressing a button; the page stays visible until you press the "check out" button. It also retains your last check-in.
    Are you referring to a form you complete with the shop if you don't have the app?

When you scan the QR code with your phone you are given the option of either downloading the app or filling in the webform.
    If you choose to download the app then that's it, it will remember your details every time you scan the code at any venue you go to and they will automatically appear. You don't get any other options ever again.
    However if you choose the webform option then basically you have to fill it in every time you scan the QR code and it will not remember you from the last time you scanned. You start fresh every time.
    The webform will presumably accept any details you put in, even the notorious Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar
    That's the end of me. Game over

Private is the only way to go by the look of thing.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I was at a well known establishment last night. No sign in register. No QR code. My 'name' for the booking was given over the phone, and they'd have my phone number if they wanted to keep their own record. That was it ...
    I was surprised.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    When you scan the QR code with your phone you are given the option of either downloading the app or filling in the webform.
    If you choose to download the app then that's it, it will remember your details every time you scan the code at any venue you go to and they will automatically appear. You don't get any other options ever again.
    However if you choose the webform option then basically you have to fill it in every time you scan the QR code and it will not remember you from the last time you scanned. You start fresh every time.
    The webform will presumably accept any details you put in, even the notorious Donald Duck and Mickey Mouse.
    Thanks, I've got the app by default, I don't think I can opt out.

Would the form be able to detect your phone number?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Thanks, I've got the app by default, I don't think I can opt out.

Would the form be able to detect your phone number?
    Can you delete the app and scan. Without using the app registration.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    As I said above ‘Rooter’ the web form / fake name submitted is still traceable back to everyone’s Device / IP address and your real name! Big brother has easy access to all digital footprints.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by B J Hunter View Post
    As I said above ‘Rooter’ the web form / fake name submitted is still traceable back to everyone’s Device / IP address and your real name! Big brother has easy access to all digital footprints.
    Nokia 3310, folks... No one's being forced to carry a smartphone!

Which means venues must have an alternative means of recording contact details.

No shop is going to say "No smartphone? No fucks for you!"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Roj View Post
    I was at a well known establishment last night. No sign in register. No QR code. My 'name' for the booking was given over the phone, and they'd have my phone number if they wanted to keep their own record. That was it ...
    I was surprised.
    I guess the reason why many shops are preferring bookings rather than walk ins is in order to have the customer's number in case they don't scan in. Therefore, a number will be needed to confirm a booking. However, if someone gives the wrong number and the shop does not confirm the number is real, then there is a problem for contact tracers in identifying the person.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It is better to give true details than fake one. It's not good if you get caught considering the amount of time and money
    the gov is putting in to stop the spread of covid. If something happens and you get caught to have given false details
    while they are doing contact tracing, it could get very messy. Depending on the situation, you could see your face on the newspaper.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Can you delete the app and scan. Without using the app registration.
    You could, but if you've got a lot of registered cards on it, could be a pain reloading them later. This might where a second phone could come in handy.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    I'm not sure what everyone is worried about. The health department doesn't tell your wife/gf/mum etc where you have been. Just find a nearby affected cafe or shopping centre that is listed on the NSW health website and say you were there.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast