Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: NSW Service App

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by B J Hunter View Post
    As I said above ‘Rooter’ the web form / fake name submitted is still traceable back to everyone’s Device / IP address and your real name! Big brother has easy access to all digital footprints.
    Not necessarily, consent is typically required when a service is consuming information about you or the device you use. Add to that, it's unlikely that you have a static IP address assigned to that device. Nothing that a VPN and bouncing over a few telnet sessions can't fix though. Not impossible to find you, but makes it far more difficult.

I don’t know about you guys, if a Service NSW QR Code is mandatory in any MP or FS shop, there is just no way I will check in with my details for a punt, end of story.

Any married man out there is brave enough ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I don’t know about you guys, if a Service NSW QR Code is mandatory in any MP or FS shop, there is just no way I will check in with my details for a punt, end of story.

Any married man out there is brave enough ?
    This is precisely the point I've been trying to make. The authorities have mandated that certain venues and establishments must use the NSW Government QR code system to electronically record details of patrons and customers. They're hoping that the vast majority of them will have a smartphone that can read the QR code and the Service NSW app. What they can't mandate however is that every customer/visitor carries a smartphone and has the Service NSW app. So what does the establishment do then? They must ask you for your name and contact details, and then electronically record them themselves.

This is where some folks will be honest, and others give out untraceable aliases and fake mobile numbers 😬

Then what if the cops rock up to the Establishment to manually check ? what are the odds of that ?

Just keep extending until they leave .

With it all being NSW QR code.
    One punter out there gets a positive swab. every place he visited immediately known and every customer there during that period will get a nice alert.
    Not worth the risk for anyone who's married I don't think

So what? You think you are anonymous?

Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    This is precisely the point I've been trying to make. The authorities have mandated that certain venues and establishments must use the NSW Government QR code system to electronically record details of patrons and customers. They're hoping that the vast majority of them will have a smartphone that can read the QR code and the Service NSW app. What they can't mandate however is that every customer/visitor carries a smartphone and has the Service NSW app. So what does the establishment do then? They must ask you for your name and contact details, and then electronically record them themselves.

This is where some folks will be honest, and others give out untraceable aliases and fake mobile numbers
    I've seen people get refused entry to pubs for not having a phone, so that is no longer an excuse.

Venues have to verify details or they could face a fine.

Not sure how RnT or FS places will enforce this.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    I've seen people get refused entry to pubs for not having a phone, so that is no longer an excuse.

That's correct Riff and the business has to make sure you are logged in correctly and I quote "failure to complete accurate patron details is in breach of Public Health Orders and may result in penalties". People who hide their details could put others at risk and prolong these measures. Just do the right thing as you will always be anonymous if there is an outbreak. It's the sneaky ones who will named and shamed like the wedding at Pyrmont.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post

Serves them right. Everyone has a phone these days so it's no excuse not to have a phone when entering a venue. In the old days when there was no covid-19 people were not required to provide their numbers even though many pubs and clubs in the CBD were scanning IDs for entry. However, the situation has changed due to covid-19. If they are not willing to provide at least a real mobile number they should be denied access.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Then forget about punting for you for approx 18 months. Its mandatory and as long as no outbreaks no probs. You need to be smarter, any area that starts to look suss dont go. Theres always a work around. If contacted and your entering most places other than MP Or FS establishment it can be any place you can pass it off as. Records are kept for 21 day then deleted.
    Im not worried and i dont think most people should be its just a process and with Australias low rate and control measures chances are your most likely to get it in a shopping centre or where large numbers of people congregate, restaurants are the biggest risk i reckon. Not one case has everbeen traced back to a MP or FS establishment.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If this rolls out across most (if not all) shops I'm going to stick to privates for the foreseeable future. There's no way I want it to be that easy for someone to track me back to a venue. There's a certain level of privacy and discretion built into the way many of those venues function. If you take that away, then you take away a key selling point.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Public Health is given priority over your personal privacy concerns.

If you don't want to get caught, don't go to these shops.

At least it won't be cutting off access to these places altogether, like last lockdown.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by vitrium View Post
    If this rolls out across most (if not all) shops I'm going to stick to privates for the foreseeable future. There's no way I want it to be that easy for someone to track me back to a venue. There's a certain level of privacy and discretion built into the way many of those venues function. If you take that away, then you take away a key selling point.
    Public health and the covid tracing is far more important than people wanting privacy.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Just based on the number of guys who have expressed serious reservations about going to shops now, business is going to get hit for six

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by quackm2002 View Post
    Just based on the number of guys who have expressed serious reservations about going to shops now, business is going to get hit for six
    NSW Public Health is relying on the shops to enforce recording or scanning requirements. When a customer walks in, it will be the responsibility of the owner or receptionist to request the customer to use the scan QR by the NSW Government to record his visit to the shop. If he can't do it, what will the shop do then? They don't want to lose business and turn the customer away. They will likely request the customer to write his name and number in a book in case the virus is traced back to the shop. So far there have been no reported cases linked to FS or RNT shops in NSW and therefore, business is unlikely to get hit for six. There will always be a demand for these services.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    My regular said she could have done some serous business whilst aus was in lockdown as she kept the business phone on. She wasnt game enough, punters were willing to take a risk in extreme lockdown so app will definatley not hit businesses for a six believe me.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    More like 3 o'clock. I think one massage shop in northern beaches was name.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    More like 3 o'clock. I think one massage shop in northern beaches was name.
    If this is true then just one so far. However, for the most of 2020 there was no tracing of the virus to a RNT or FS shop unless someone has heard something else that I haven't heard.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Anyone able to report actual check-in experiences at FS or RnT joints so far this week? 😇

Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    If this is true then just one so far. However, for the most of 2020 there was no tracing of the virus to a RNT or FS shop unless someone has heard something else that I haven't heard.
    It said one of the infected had been there, not from there.
    Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    Anyone able to report actual check-in experiences at FS or RnT joints so far this week? 😇
    I went to my local shop yesterday, no check in required/available.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast