Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Open a massage parlour

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Hard time for small business now
    Sometimes you just have to accept that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Probably not the best time to be running a massage parlour with high infection rates and many girls coming down with covid19. If there are no back up staff the shop will have to close. What's next?
    Do you really think they self isolate if positive when there are $$$ to be made?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Do you really think they self isolate if positive when there are $$$ to be made?
    Bring a RAT 😅 to test the girl before you receive their service.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    +1 this will be way forward for all people in essential services.

Heard, that all medical staffs who are asymptomatic need to do RAT before rendering support. They are slogging without holidays with lots of stress.. Bless them !

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Bring a RAT �� to test the girl before you receive their service.
    Nearly impossible to get though plus would the girl want to test her in case it came back positive. If it got out to public all in shop would have to isolate. Not sure shop owner would be impressed.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Nearly impossible to get though plus would the girl want to test her in case it came back positive. If it got out to public all in shop would have to isolate. Not sure shop owner would be impressed.
    Looking at the way things are going, I think pretty soon there will not be any requirement to isolate even with a positive test result in their midst. They're already scaling back the close contact definition from 1 hour to 4 hours. That pretty much means only coworkers are included as close contacts, and not even all because some part timers only work half days.

And if I wanted to be smartarse about it, there's an easy way to completely protect my business from being shutdown for iso. I'd just hire more part timers and roster them so that all of them are on slightly less than 4 hour shifts (eg. 3.5 hours each), or stagger the rosters to eliminate any chance of 1 postive case shutting down the whole operation.
    These strategies were never possible before the increase of 1 hour to 4 hour to define close contact.

Banned
    You're right. If she needs money she'll probably go to work.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    You're right. If she needs money she'll probably go to work.
    Of course they would. Look how many independents and shops were operating during the lockdowns, It's all about money, nothing else.

Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post

And if I wanted to be smartarse about it, there's an easy way to completely protect my business from being shutdown for iso. I'd just hire more part timers and roster them so that all of them are on slightly less than 4 hour shifts (eg. 3.5 hours each), or stagger the rosters to eliminate any chance of 1 postive case shutting down the whole operation.
    These strategies were never possible before the increase of 1 hour to 4 hour to define close contact.
    I don’t think this will work brother GFM,

There is a clear shortage of labour right now in Sydney. Many business especially in the hospitality industry are desperate for staff. Many have to pay higher than Award rates, offer bonus and incentive to keep their staff .

Many casual or part time will not turn up if you roster them for less than 7/8 hour shifts.

It’s a fact, very tough to be a business owner these days.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I don’t think this will work brother GFM,

There is a clear shortage of labour right now in Sydney. Many business especially in the hospitality industry are desperate for staff. Many have to pay higher than Award rates, offer bonus and incentive to keep their staff .

Many casual or part time will not turn up if you roster them for less than 7/8 hour shifts.

It’s a fact, very tough to be a business owner these days.
    Well at least they now have a choice. Risk complete shutdown or bite the bullet and pay the higher wages to attract more staff.

They could get a business loan to cover the extra costs. The banks and the Gov have been making changes to try to make it easier for businesses to borrow money.

In fact, this is exactly the intended purpose of the RBA's low interest rates. To allow more business loans. Instead, most of it has gone to bigger and bigger home loans.

Banned
    269979179_2416201891877391_5567274346803974888_n.jpg..............................

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bunty4 View Post
    Let’s just say , I am successful and enjoy the reviews for the business… it was not complicated at all… and yes, seasoned punters are right , it’s all those wonderful smart MLs who make running shop easy… also a great rule for this business, never ever use your own business for pleasure.
    There will be haters and that is their right to be miserable… let’s enjoy the moment and stay safe.
    Come on Bunty wot wot , let’s just say , we are all alight with wonder … which shop is yours ?

You seem to have found the magic formula - was it anything you gleaned from here ? Come on papasan Bunty , your found biz acumen and chutzpah is surely to be only applauded …

which is your shop ? Does it have a shower and a discrete yet aesthetically pleasing rear entry opportunity ? Close to major public transport hub ? Good parking ? proper aircon ? Complimentary drinks on arrival .

are you having too pay above award rates ?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    Well said, as a matter of facts , most of the RnT shops are running by former MLs who had worked very hard, saved up enough money to become her own boss.

Most of them continued to work hard and earn a honest living and many successful stories among them: SL, SF, 227 Broadway, Summerville, Sussex Star and DOS, MAC to name just a few.

Cheers
    The other success story which comes to mind is Marlene. She started out in ML land doing massage with extras at the place next door over 20 years ago. She moved into the current shop about 10 years ago, which is a licensed FS shop. Now she is a very successful and wealthy brothel madam.

Not sure about “earning an honest living though”. I would think tax evasion is not exactly honest. LOL

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred Flintstone View Post
    The other success story which comes to mind is Marlene. She started out in ML land doing massage with extras at the place next door over 20 years ago. She moved into the current shop about 10 years ago, which is a licensed FS shop. Now she is a very successful and wealthy brothel madam.

Not sure about “earning an honest living though”. I would think tax evasion is not exactly honest. LOL
    Are punters implicated by not asking for a tax receipt if paying by cash. Just curious.

Banned
    Are punters implicated by not asking for a tax receipt if paying by cash. Just curious.
    No. This is from NSW Fair Trading;

“A business has an obligation to provide proof of transaction to consumers for goods or services valued at $75 (excluding GST) or more. Businesses are also required to provide a receipt for any transaction under $75 within seven days, if the consumer asks for one.”

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345