Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: A little thing I wrote.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Done bud. All good I see what you mean

Senior Member(無間使者)
    “The many-worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics asserts that the universal wavefunction is objectively real. This implies that all possible outcomes of quantum measurements are physically realized in some "world" or universe. To me, this means that in some version of this world, Rinoa and I are together. Just not this one. I would have to be content with that. “

I wondered how you were going to end such a well written story; you smashed it out of the park haha

Dude, that entire piece was a pleasure to read. I viscerally felt your longing for what you knew could not be...and all of the confusing and contradictory emotions that come with it. Walking headfirst into a situation that you probably knew would not lead to favourable longterm outcomes.

Sometimes I envy guys on the forum who seem so adept at separating their emotions from punting.. I assume they also display a similar ability to disengage (if needed, for self preservation) in relationships or breakups. Ie do not lose sleep or fall apart over troubled romances.

Then on the other hand I wonder how emotionally rich and colourful the good times are for them. Or maybe its got nothing to do with detachment and simply comes down to confidence and self belief?! Anyway, I’m in the sensitive and overthinking camp too (I’m lumping you in there, apologies if it’s off the mark). So while I have often caused myself considerable duress in matters of the heart, the fact is that romance (especially the complicated variety) also gives me an energy that almost nothing else does!

Ramble time over, thanks again for such a great read. Made me want to read Love in the Time of Cholera again, or another Gabo classic. I’ve been going through something myself of late. Nowhere even near the level of intensity, but some similar themes. Will share one day when I’m ready; besides the story is still being written.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    I would be the poster boy for the sensitive and overthinkers club I would suggest. An old coach used to say to us "over analyais causes paralysis." He was speaking in a sporting context, but I remind myself of it when I am overdoing it in every day situations.
    I have often envyed those who can brush things off so easily also, how easy would things be if you just didn't give a fuck? But have also wondered as you have whether they feel the highs as I do as well.

I eagerly await your story, does it involve a Japanese girl as well? They seem to have quite a habit of appearing in these kind of dramas!

Junior Member(有D料到)
    asiafever thanks for sharing and thope getting it off your chest is helping with the healing process.
    Onwards and upwards mate!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by asiafever View Post
    I would be the poster boy for the sensitive and overthinkers club I would suggest. An old coach used to say to us "over analysis causes paralysis."
    Ha, I had originally written ‘overly analytical’ and decided to change it before I posted in case it came across as presumptive. Classic overthinking 😂

A mentor once told me, “be a warrior with an A, not a worrier with an O. O’s go round in circles and go nowhere” (Sounds better spoken) Easier said than done as you know.

Anyway, as to your question.. she’s Korean!

Great story even though it's a sad one. Not sure if you have full closure now but writing it down and sharing will go a long way to finishing off the chapter. Whilst there are only a few similarities, I have a story that still haunts me to this day.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    You did the right thing buddy. She's married and has a child. She would want what's best for her kid just as you want what's best for your daughter.

Sometimes having a kid really puts things in perspective.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    What a roller coaster of emotions, wow it really struck a chord with me since I had experienced disapproving parents in the past and have had a passionate, fiery fling that was cut short due to circumstances.
    I do not have kids, so it may have ended differently if I were in your shoes. Either way thank you for sharing, it really was an emotional experience reading the whole thing.

Kookai is not my normal choice but by God their hiring policy is spot on.
    Haha totally agree with you on that

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wow thought I’d finished a movie or a novel after reading that. I think a lot of people have the one that got away, not saying that to play down what you’re feeling, more so that others know the feelings too. At least you saw her again and know that she wasn’t dead and did feel things back, that is some kind of closure and I still think better than not hearing again from her ever again

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Epic read, Fever! Thank you very much for putting it all out here for us. It was so well written, I felt "transported" into those moments.
    I'll have to say, I tried to relate to your story somewhat but found it really hard to do. I'd imagine very few people would've experienced having a loved one suddenly "disappear" for decades.
    The one part that I could relate to was the feeling of emptiness after being "dumped". I guess that's the closest analogy many of us can have to what you experienced. And the fact that you managed to find her again after all that time... it's really the stuff of love novels!
    I wish you all the best regardless of what you choose to do from here.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    she's in her 30s and you hadn't seen her for 20 years, so you were shagging her when she was ??
    good read though, can't believe I read all of it

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I have never bend able to let go. I mooned over my first wife for years.
    However if you ever wanted to see her again Perigian Beach isn’t that big.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    have often envyed those who can brush things off so easily also, how easy would things be if you just didn't give a fuck? But have also wondered as you have whether they feel the highs as I do as well.
    First of all, great writing.

As for your sentiment above, I think you'll find that many, if not all of those people don't just brush things off. Rather, they delay consequences, silencing their conscience to the point where once they hear it, it rolls over them like thunder. No one can bottle things indefinitely.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by xboyx View Post
    she's in her 30s and you hadn't seen her for 20 years, so you were shagging her when she was ??
    good read though, can't believe I read all of it
    So the maths works out like this.:
    Met in 1999. Started dating around 2001. 2003/4 she went off radar. We met when she was 18 and she was 22 when she up and vanished. Her 40th was almost exactly a month ago.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Macbeth_oz View Post
    I have never bend able to let go. I mooned over my first wife for years.
    However if you ever wanted to see her again Perigian Beach isn’t that big.
    Letting go isn't my strong point, but now she has reconnected with our friends and her family I kind of get fed irregular updates by the friend who introduced us. I know she has her new life and so I just need to let her do her thing. Our destinies lie on different paths. She seems happy. I have to be satisfied with that.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Great piece and thank you for sharing.. Brisbane was a sliding door moment but I'm sure you still think about the what ifs?..

Banned
    Mistakes and regrets are like old friends to most.
    Regret will gnaw away at you.
    It has afflicted for you too long.

99 Premium Member (特級會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scanlan View Post
    Regret will gnaw away at you.
    It has afflicted for you too long.
    Are you my old counsellor? Because that is almost verbatim what she said to me years ago.

It is 100% true and correct by the way.

Banned
    Interesting post, seems so out of place in this forum, well written..........

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    TLDR. Sorry. Undiagnosed ADHD.
    A summary?
    Moral of the story?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast