Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chequers

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Didn't it later become a rock n roll venue and ACDC played there

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    It was originally an upmarket night club, but rock bands might have played there. Long before it became a spa. Lots of big name cabaret singers played there, or at the Silver Spade in the old Chevron-Hilton in Potts Point.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    It was originally an upmarket night club, but rock bands might have played there. Long before it became a spa. Lots of big name cabaret singers played there, or at the Silver Spade in the old Chevron-Hilton in Potts Point.
    Don't forget "Les Girls' as well
    We used to have quite a few nightclubs in this town

Senior Member(無間使者)
    AC/DC played there new years eve 1973 with original singer Dave Evans. INXS also played there in the early days of their career

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by annintofu View Post
    I've never liked this (new) chequers joint, as all i need is the right girl.

room facilities, sauna etc are all nice-to-haves, but nonessential. maybe some bros care more about the facilities than the girls, i dunno.
    Those facilities are all shared. That can't be good for business in a pandemic.

The other thing I really hate about these "HK sauna" style places is the stupid lockers. It's a logistical nightmare in terms of tipping the girl, and also your phone.... These days everyone does everything on their phones. How you gonna carry your phone around with you when you have to wear their stupid robes that have no pockets? And don't get me started with having to wear their disgusting reused shorts and robes.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    if only the walls could talk in this venue over the last 50-60 years they would have a lot to say....

has anyone got an interesting story to share about Chequers?

Banned
    All I can say is what at an ignominious end to such a glamorous and upmarket night club! Being reborn as a filthy rub and tug joint and with the same name but “New” in front. LOL

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Walked past a couple of days ago.
    Sign on door "Under new management - closed for renovations - Babylon is open"

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Walked past a couple of days ago.
    Sign on door "Under new management - closed for renovations - Babylon is open"
    I've been to the old chequers maybe 9-10 years ago before it turned into a women's spa. Massage rooms with big tables for body slides with low ceilings and Thursday - Saturday nights had live music playing above. Was quite an experience. Lounge room used to serve fresh juice and a photo book with numbers to choose.

I didn't go back after the womens spa closed and it reopened.

But prefer Babylon, quite a discreet entrance as well. But they rush you into the massage rooms instead of enjoying the facilities first.

Sent from my Pixel 7 using Tapatalk

I was in the city the other day and saw that the Chequers has been rebranded as Roma Sauna and Spa with a new Roman look.

Anyone been there recently ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I was in the city the other day and saw that the Chequers has been rebranded as Roma Sauna and Spa with a new Roman look.

Anyone been there recently ?
    I remember going to Chequers when I first started punting & how busy it was even midweek back in 2005. Things seemed to go downhill after 2010 then it disappeared & came back recently & now gone again. The pub above it doesn't help business in that spot. I think the pub has been there only a decade or so. Any business that moves in is probably doomed. If I was the pub owners above I'd buy the building below that Chequers was in renovate it & open a giant Nightclub underneath.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yes I noticed it changed to Roma spa.
    I have never been, feel that it would be an expensive waste of time

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BobGeorge View Post
    Yes I noticed it changed to Roma spa.
    I have never been, feel that it would be an expensive waste of time
    I was there just before COVID. They offered me a choice of 2 very plain Chinese ML. Very poor quality service. I wonder if the change in name comes with different owners and better girls.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Back in the early 90s was when the cum was pumping lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12