Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is punting sometimes a much needed support

Senior Member(無間使者)

Is punting sometimes a much needed support

A friend of mine said it’s his much neeeded support. I just feel for the many men out there who are kind of disadvantaged with the system.

My mate got divorced a few years back, he has a son who he takes care of full time as primary carer and working full time plus preparing food n all for a 10 yr old. He earns more than his ex but still can claim for child support but for reasons to avoid trouble he don’t ask for it, his ex on the other hand takes family tax from Centrelink when she don’t even care for a single night. He is afraid if he raises that than his ex might play games as the system favours women more, so bottom line he is the one suffering but still can’t do much, his ex on the other hand is just making the most most. For him punting gives him that little peace. Also he feels punting gives him that feeling that even if he is disadvantaged one but getting his manhood what it wants. Some live for money, some spend it to live. What a world we live in.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    In many ways it's cheaper than a relationship. Convenient with no baggage and gives you variety. I know if (when) I split up, I would be perfectly happy being single and punting. Probably the occasional hookup if opportunity arose.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    yeah mate it definitely is. each to their own, but for most guys its a hobby and something to keep
    them going in life

Junior Member(有D料到)
    I'm with BAM on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by zucon View Post
    A friend of mine said it’s his much neeeded support. I just feel for the many men out there who are kind of disadvantaged with the system.

My mate got divorced a few years back, he has a son who he takes care of full time as primary carer and working full time plus preparing food n all for a 10 yr old. He earns more than his ex but still can claim for child support but for reasons to avoid trouble he don’t ask for it, his ex on the other hand takes family tax from Centrelink when she don’t even care for a single night. He is afraid if he raises that than his ex might play games as the system favours women more, so bottom line he is the one suffering but still can’t do much, his ex on the other hand is just making the most most. For him punting gives him that little peace. Also he feels punting gives him that feeling that even if he is disadvantaged one but getting his manhood what it wants. Some live for money, some spend it to live. What a world we live in.
    The system is pretty fair, I wouldn't be scared to speak to the department of Child Support.

He should be getting his share of child support, plus claim the tax breaks.

They will probably have remediation first to form a non binding agreement on custody share if any.

I was like this before but I feel liberated after the whole remediation experience.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Junior Member(有D料到)
    depends on the person but I think it's in between hobby and needed cause someone who usually have kids, the wife is more reluctant to do sex. unless the guy can endure the lack of sex punting is probably needed

Senior Member(無間使者)
    [Removed post text]

Senior Member(無間使者)
    In this case, as long as punting doesn't get in the way of his fatherly duties, why not use punting as a support

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I got divorced about three years ago now and, much like your friend I was afraid that the system was heavily in favor of the woman. I was pushed into making contact with child support by a couple of friends and found that the system is a fair one now, they even told me I was paying too much child support. I went from paying $800 per week (which was what the ex demanded) to $350 per week (income assessed), during covid my income dropped and I'm currently paying $160 per week for 3 children under 15 years of age. All other costs are 50/50 and extracurricular activities have to be agreed to beforehand.
    Unfortunately, she wouldn't compromise in conciliation and I had to go through the court to get orders. So now I have access to my children 4 days a fortnight, 2 days during the week and a weekend as well as half the school holidays.
    As mentioned above they only calculate costs on taxable income, they don't include cash in bank, super, the business or property only the taxable income they generate.
    Also if your friend has full custody then his ex would have to pay him child support, so it would be in his benefit to get into the system as fast as he can.

As for your punting question, I no longer want a relationship and am very happy living the single life and enjoying my time with my kids. When I feel the urge I punt then I walk out the brothel door a free man to do whatever I want whenever I want.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by dotcumdotinyou View Post
    I got divorced about three years ago now and, much like your friend I was afraid that the system was heavily in favor of the woman. I was pushed into making contact with child support by a couple of friends and found that the system is a fair one now, they even told me I was paying too much child support. I went from paying $800 per week (which was what the ex demanded) to $350 per week (income assessed), during covid my income dropped and I'm currently paying $160 per week for 3 children under 15 years of age. All other costs are 50/50 and extracurricular activities have to be agreed to beforehand.
    Unfortunately, she wouldn't compromise in conciliation and I had to go through the court to get orders. So now I have access to my children 4 days a fortnight, 2 days during the week and a weekend as well as half the school holidays.
    As mentioned above they only calculate costs on taxable income, they don't include cash in bank, super, the business or property only the taxable income they generate.
    Also if your friend has full custody then his ex would have to pay him child support, so it would be in his benefit to get into the system as fast as he can.

As for your punting question, I no longer want a relationship and am very happy living the single life and enjoying my time with my kids. When I feel the urge I punt then I walk out the brothel door a free man to do whatever I want whenever I want.
    Sounds very similar to my case, except for going through family court.

Yes going through the system will give him more income which he can spend on his son plus punting.

Punting can be less expensive than a GF or marriage as long as you don't lose it and fall in love or pay to support a WL.

I lost it a little right after separation by punting 4 or 5 times a week and promising the world to a few WLs.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This old chestnut.

Family law is equitable and gender neutral - there are no winners or losers, there are only those who have the money, support and will to argue their case, and those who do not, or choose not to. The fact that he's sole carer os his child tells me he's already the winner.

Get a better job. Drive Uber on the side. Fuck prettier hookers. Don't waste time thinking about his ex.

If his ex is taking Family Tax Benefit on behalf of this kid it is in Dad's ability to make a new claim with supporting information showing that he is the sole carer. My.gov.au. No biggie. He doesn't to pick a fight. MOVE ON!

I know it sometimes takes years, but move on man! Life is too short!

Quote Originally Posted by zucon View Post

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's a basic human need. Ever wonder why so many women order vibrators from anonymous online stores? It's a HUGE industry.

Quote Originally Posted by scottie2222 View Post
    it’s a basic male need

Senior Member(無間使者)
    If she is working and the child is living with him more than 50 % he should be getting the tax benefit and SHE should be paying him Child Support.

Straight up law and she hasn't got a leg to stand on.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I can understand his apprehension in seeking out the government’s help. In my opinion, the system is still favours the mother.
    I have two kids who I ever see once a fortnight because the mother wants 100% of the childcare amount and this means that they can’t stay with me.
    I have pleaded my case with the authorities but they say it sounds like a court matter. They are aged 14 and 16 and the court will just let them make there own decision, which of course they will side with the mother. It will be a waste of time and money.
    Incredibly, she also was able to secure a loan for my ex house based on my fortnightly payments. Unsurprisingly, I can’t get a loan because the amount of support I pay is too high?!?!
    It’s hard seeing the mental and physical decline of my kids at her hands. I imagine most of my support money goes to her mortgage leaving fuck all money for there well being.
    In the early days I had to tread lightly as she’s bat shit crazy and I was scared that she would accuse me of shit in order to keep me out of their lives.
    It kills me because I have a lot to offer my kids, we were once very close and my family (parents and sisters) adore them. In sucks.
    Financially, she got 70% of my wealth (she had fuck all) and 50% of my super. She does cash jobs as well which they don’t want to know about, this would lower my support dollars.
    I’ll be working till I’m 70 and have no house and she’ll have an $800,000k house (outside Sydney) and not worked a day in her life.
    I’ve gotten out of it lightly, there are alot worse stories than mine. Fuck the system.

PS. The USA system sounds like a nightmare. Even if there’s no kids they have to keep the wife or girlfriend in the manner she was used to during the relationship.

Sorry about venting.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hey Soccerfan,

Once the kids are 12 yrs old they are allowed to chose who and how much time they spend with each Parent.

At Age 12 I got to spend 50% with my kids and when my eldest turned 15 100% of the time.

Shit only hit the fan when the Govt told her to pay me Child support..... That was funny......

Quote Originally Posted by Soccerfan View Post
    I can understand his apprehension in seeking out the government’s help. In my opinion, the system is still favours the mother.
    I have two kids who I ever see once a fortnight because the mother wants 100% of the childcare amount and this means that they can’t stay with me.
    I have pleaded my case with the authorities but they say it sounds like a court matter. They are aged 14 and 16 and the court will just let them make there own decision, which of course they will side with the mother. It will be a waste of time and money.
    Incredibly, she also was able to secure a loan for my ex house based on my fortnightly payments. Unsurprisingly, I can’t get a loan because the amount of support I pay is too high?!?!
    It’s hard seeing the mental and physical decline of my kids at her hands. I imagine most of my support money goes to her mortgage leaving fuck all money for there well being.
    In the early days I had to tread lightly as she’s bat shit crazy and I was scared that she would accuse me of shit in order to keep me out of their lives.
    It kills me because I have a lot to offer my kids, we were once very close and my family (parents and sisters) adore them. In sucks.
    Financially, she got 70% of my wealth (she had fuck all) and 50% of my super. She does cash jobs as well which they don’t want to know about, this would lower my support dollars.
    I’ll be working till I’m 70 and have no house and she’ll have an $800,000k house (outside Sydney) and not worked a day in her life.
    I’ve gotten out of it lightly, there are alot worse stories than mine. Fuck the system.

PS. The USA system sounds like a nightmare. Even if there’s no kids they have to keep the wife or girlfriend in the manner she was used to during the relationship.

Sorry about venting.
    Wow even your Super.

I was told by my lawyer that it was hard to go after someone's Super, guess not.

Yeah, so glad we don't have alimony payments like the US, that's crazy.

I can't wait until my eldest daughter turns 18 next year, my payment will be cut in almost half.

It also sucks when you get a bonus, because that counts towards your taxable income but you get taxed almost 50% of it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It’s not just in the US, if u in a very long marriage the same argument can be used here in Australia.

At the point of divorce everything is up grabs, everything is put into a pot and divided, I lost 8 years of super

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Unfortunately punting is more than just a hobby for a lot of punters.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Sometimes it is man

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Yep - that’s me !

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast