Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19 Vaccine Pfizer

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Basil22 View Post
    Yeah mate I’m 34yrs old and pretty fit. The second fucked me up pretty good but it was only for like 16 hours or so. Panadol, water and a good sleep will have you back to normal in no time. Positive thing is that my arm hurt much less the second time tho haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I feel exactly the same like you. Whole body is stiff. Can still do activities but just make you feel lazy and just want to lie down.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by scummonk View Post
    @cuteguy Look in the ideal world their where plenty of Pfizer shots, their is AZ which we have larger supply at present.

AZ Jab has near minute risk of blood clotting (you have higher chance from other medications like aspirin to get blood clot)

Look as I didn't wait for major outbreak got Pfizer at NSW Vaccination Hub in June/July (so fully vaccinated)

We have a major outbreak of Covid19 here in Sydney and their countries in region like Indonesia, Philippines, Thailand and others that would be grateful for AZ Jab

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Tapatalk
    That’s for sure. I was speaking to someone in Vietnam. They are being given the Chinese vaccine. There is a major distrust and misinformation circulating about this. All the influential people and political leaders are taking the AZ. Most people there would do anything for this vaccine. I did my research and looked at the risk online and have taken the AZ. If I was waiting for Pfizer it would have been in Sep. The risk of dying with covid is more than dying of blood clot for me. I am over 50.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnisfun1969 View Post
    That’s for sure. I was speaking to someone in Vietnam. They are being given the Chinese vaccine. There is a major distrust and misinformation circulating about this. All the influential people and political leaders are taking the AZ. Most people there would do anything for this vaccine. I did my research and looked at the risk online and have taken the AZ. If I was waiting for Pfizer it would have been in Sep. The risk of dying with covid is more than dying of blood clot for me. I am over 50.
    Yes I've thoroughly researched the AZ vaccine and finally decided to take it.

The thing to remember is, the "active ingredient" in the vaccine... IE. The genetic code that allows your body to know how to create the antibodies against COVID, is the same as the other vaccines. Remember back in the early days of the pandemic, a major milestone was announced and rightly celebrated, that the genetic sequence of the coronavirus was decoded? That's the single piece of info that has been used to create all these vaccines. They all contain the same genetic code.

The only difference between them is the method of delivery of the genetic code.

The Pfizer and Moderna vaccines do it using mRNA, messenger RNA. The AZ one does it with an adenovirus vector, which is a "relatively harmless" other type of virus that carries the same genetic code. The adenovirus will then infect our body and deliver the genetic code in doing so. As a result, we feel slight flu-like symptoms from the adenovirus vector. It is the exact same delivery method used in flu vaccines and vaccines for measles and mumps (MMR).

So in terms of safety of the AZ vaccine, it's pretty straightforward, isn't it? If you've ever had a flu or MMR shot and "survived" that, then the AZ vaccine is going to be safe for you to take. It means that your body can handle the adenovirus vector.

This is also one of the reasons I did not wait to get the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines. I have never had an mRNA vaccine in my life, so I do not know how it will affect my body. I have had flu & MMR shots before and was perfectly fine after taking them. In other words, the AZ vaccine is actually safer for me than the mRNA ones.

One more thing to note about the AZ vaccine is that its effectiveness is strongly correlated to your body's resistance to infection by the adenovirus vector. If your body kills the adenovirus vector before it can deliver the genetic code, the vaccine would've done nothing for you. Therefore, if you've recently taken a flu shot, you might want to take one of the other vaccines instead.

Now, apparently some people might develop blood clot issues from taking the AZ shot. I looked at the "normal" occurrence of this problem (5 per million people, pre-pandemic stats) against those people taking the AZ shot (8 per million). And then I considered that the AZ vaccine is the most widely used vaccine worldwide by a large margin. The clotting problem does happen with or without the vaccine. So who's to say, if the other vaccines were as widely used as AZ, they would also start to see people getting clots "from" those other vaccines too!

Banned
    So who's to say, if the other vaccines were as widely used as AZ, they would also start to see people getting clots "from" those other vaccines too!
    This link is the latest Yellow Card reporting from the UK for the three vaccines we will employ. They are much further down the track with vaccine use so the data is becoming more reliable as they move forward. The end of the report contains links to the actual tables of clinical conditions for those that may be familiar to them. The UK's social structures, ethnicity variables, health systems etc. are broadly similar to ours so the experience is also likely to be similar.

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...card-reporting

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post
    The link on the first post was sent to me by a nurse friend.

Everyone regardless of age or residency status could have applied for the Pfizer shots.

But Pfizer is almost out of stock and being diverted to year 12s I think.

Not sure if anyone on this forum used that link but I hope it helped.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk
    i did book from that link. thanks
    first shot in july, one hour long queues were spilling into carpark, every jab station has two nurse to streamline the process and ppl in post-jab observation room are released early.
    today minimal queue got it done 10 minutes after checking in with only one nurse in every station

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Talking to a friend in Thailand yesterday and she told me her mother is fully vaccinated with AZ.

Pfizer is available but she would have to travel to BKK to get it.

Her other option is Sinopharm….a Chinese vaccine. So she’s booked to get that.

Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    Talking to a friend in Thailand yesterday and she told me her mother is fully vaccinated with AZ.

Pfizer is available but she would have to travel to BKK to get it.

Her other option is Sinopharm….a Chinese vaccine. So she’s booked to get that.
    It is not clear if any vaccine other than AZ Pfizer or Moderna will be recognised when people are allowed to enter Australia again.... ?

In CountryPunter post, would someone who had the Chinese vaccine be treated as vaccinated or unvaccinated if they arrived in Australia ??

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Yes I've thoroughly researched the AZ vaccine and finally decided to take it.

Now, apparently some people might develop blood clot issues from taking the AZ shot.
    Nice one GoldFishMan, good to hear 👍

Fun fact: the COVID virus itself causes rare blood clot disorders! 😮

COVID-19 itself poses 8 to 10 times the risk of blood clots (in the brain) than that of COVID-19 vaccines.
    https://www.healthdirect.gov.au/thro...a-syndrome-tts

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    Your research will certainly help brothers here still waiting for Pfizer to make a decision to take AZ instead. Waiting doesn’t seem to be a very wise option now given that Delta is taking hold in NSW and the focus of the NSW Govt appears to shift from low case number to giving “more and more freedom” to fully vaccinated people instead.

Though not 100% sure whether surviving flu or MMR vaccines will mean 100% safety for AZ, I have just read a news report that AZ does give much longer effectiveness than Pfizer which Governments around the World are considering a third booster shot after 6-month because of decreasing efficacy against infection and severity over time. This news, coupled with the much higher risks of myocarditis of Pfizer causing to male recipients between aged 20-40 certainly are strong incentives for unvaccinated brothers to take AZ instead of waiting for 2 months (or maybe shorter by a week or 2 ?) for the first shot of Pfizer.
    And you are forgetting the side effects of Pfizer. It’s know to increase the boob size 🤣😜

Senior Member(無間使者)
    And you are forgetting the side effects of Pfizer. It’s know to increase the boob size 🤣😜
    Oh man, I got the wrong one! 😫

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Without knowing I wouldn’t have thought people would be excluded from entering Australia if they were vaccinated with an alternative vaccine other than what is currently available in Australia.

That would exclude many people from Asian countries who are using Chinese vaccines.

Apart from excluding girls who would work as WLS or MLS and affect our little punting community it would also exclude those that come as legitimate University students.

Foreign University students is a huge money spinner so I can’t see the govt putting restrictions in place that would keep vaccinated students out.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    And you are forgetting the side effects of Pfizer. It’s know to increase the boob size ����
    That would explain why my man bra feels so tight since I got the Pfizer.
    I think I have moved up from a B to a C cup.
    They feel pretty good though.
    I can't stop touching myself up now.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    That would explain why my man bra feels so tight since I got the Pfizer.
    I think I have moved up from a B to a C cup.
    They feel pretty good though.
    I can't stop touching myself up now.
    Careful, you run the risk of bro AHL knocking on your door demanding for Spanish.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CountryPunter View Post
    Without knowing I wouldn’t have thought people would be excluded from entering Australia if they were vaccinated with an alternative vaccine other than what is currently available in Australia.

That would exclude many people from Asian countries who are using Chinese vaccines.

Apart from excluding girls who would work as WLS or MLS and affect our little punting community it would also exclude those that come as legitimate University students.

Foreign University students is a huge money spinner so I can’t see the govt putting restrictions in place that would keep vaccinated students out.
    I think I remember that question coming up at a fed press conference a while back. The very short answer was that any vaccine would have to approved by the TGA. The subject wasn't pursued or commented on further.

Whether that policy stance is firm or not is unclear. They could, of course, just approve all of them and eventually it won't be an issue, but, somehow I think that's easier said than done. Any sign of non-approval of a particular vaccine may be seen to be a political decision rather than a health one.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    I think I remember that question coming up at a fed press conference a while back. The very short answer was that any vaccine would have to approved by the TGA. The subject wasn't pursued or commented on further.

Whether that policy stance is firm or not is unclear. They could, of course, just approve all of them and eventually it won't be an issue, but, somehow I think that's easier said than done. Any sign of non-approval of a particular vaccine may be seen to be a political decision rather than a health one.
    At the mean time I think the OZ AZ vaccine is not yet approved for travel to Europe. Only the Pfizer is approved to travel to US and Europe. China vaccine we have to wait and see. At the meantime China doesn't approved AZ and Pfizer/modena/j & j and chinese national have vax here would have to vax again in China. That's why in Singapore chinese national have to both vax Pfizer and China vax to fulfil the requirements to travel to China.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Careful, you run the risk of bro AHL knocking on your door demanding for Spanish.
    😋😋😋😋😋 Bro. Al would you take up the offer.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    At the mean time I think the OZ AZ vaccine is not yet approved for travel to Europe. Only the Pfizer is approved to travel to US and Europe. China vaccine we have to wait and see. At the meantime China doesn't approved AZ and Pfizer/modena/j & j and chinese national have vax here would have to vax again in China. That's why in Singapore chinese national have to both vax Pfizer and China vax to fulfil the requirements to travel to China.
    If that's the case it brings up an interesting question. In the rush to get vaccinated here will it jeopardise future international travel? Is it possible that we have have to get vaccinated twice or even more times? Perhaps this won't get sorted out long after the borders open (don't hold your breath).

All a bit of a dogs breakfast I think.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    As most of the pollies around the world are now in agreement that this will be around forever, we will be urged to have yearly booster shots. Most of the health authorities recommend that if your first dose was AZ then get pfizer or moderna as your booster and visa versa.
    My level of sarcasm depends on your level of stupidity.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    If that's the case it brings up an interesting question. In the rush to get vaccinated here will it jeopardise future international travel? Is it possible that we have have to get vaccinated twice or even more times? Perhaps this won't get sorted out long after the borders open (don't hold your breath).

All a bit of a dogs breakfast I think.
    What I think will happen OZ AZ vax will get approved in Europe in times because is the same as makes in UK. But the real problem will be the Chinese vax that we want wl/ml to return to oz. With this political problem we have with China who knows what will happen not only the vaccine but trades that include education. China might banned their people from coming to oz.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    What I think will happen OZ AZ vax will get approved in Europe in times because is the same as makes in UK. But the real problem will be the Chinese vax that we want wl/ml to return to oz. With this political problem we have with China who knows what will happen not only the vaccine but trades that include education. China might banned their people from coming to oz.
    No the issue is that AZ is called something different in Europe. You will find that soon AZ here is Oz will come into line with Europe and take on that name. Therefore it will have the same name throughout the world

Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast