Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: QR code

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    After you have checked in, a new page to check out appears and it shows the current time. You can scroll the clock back to set the time you actually left (or earlier if you want to cheat) but you can't scroll it forward.
    Ok. That's good to know. Wasn't about cheating but ensuring limiting your liability to the actual time you spent there.

There's always the possibility that they don't take any notice of check out times, preferring to ping you with a text anyway. It's not like you know when the positive case was precisely there so you just have to trust the system.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I generally agree with the QR codes. The state systems appear to be more reliable than the Commonwealth Covidsafe app which is never credited with finding any cases.

Fortunately I was an early adopter of the NSW QR app and I don't use it for anything other than QR codes. So the name is a pseudonym, and I have not added more recent features like history and reminders. However the phone number is correct. If I have been to an exposure site I want to know about it.

The system does remember and display your last check in and out but not earlier visits if you don't enable history. So if you are concerned about your privacy just remember to check in and out of the first take-away coffee shop after you have finished elsewhere.

For things like claiming "dine and discover" vouchers I use a PC, not the QR phone.

Banned
    .....Commonwealth Covidsafe app which is never credited with finding any cases.
    None of these proximity apps have ever worked, anywhere. They produce an avalanche of data that simply cannot be relied upon. One trial long ago in the UK produced 70,000 contacts from a couple of test cases.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    There are a few ways around this
    1. Disable the app and use the webform.
    2. As the shop to log in for you, using the web form.
    3. They can still use a manual form.

Any which way fill the form out use a fake name and fake number. But best to use your real number just in case something happens, but use a fake name.

Better to fill something out not to get the girls and shop into trouble. They dont have the legal right to ask you for your id.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by YI88 View Post
    I generally agree with the QR codes. The state systems appear to be more reliable than the Commonwealth Covidsafe app which is never credited with finding any cases.

Fortunately I was an early adopter of the NSW QR app and I don't use it for anything other than QR codes. So the name is a pseudonym, and I have not added more recent features like history and reminders. However the phone number is correct. If I have been to an exposure site I want to know about it.

The system does remember and display your last check in and out but not earlier visits if you don't enable history. So if you are concerned about your privacy just remember to check in and out of the first take-away coffee shop after you have finished elsewhere.

For things like claiming "dine and discover" vouchers I use a PC, not the QR phone.
    Not sure what app u are using, but NSW app linked driver license car rego etc and the history of where u have checked in wasn’t an option it just appear one day.
    Surely it doesn’t matter if u use a PC or app it’s all the same account

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    You might be able to turn off "history" in your app, but I'll bet it is stored in the servers.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    There is a fake covid NSW app link that’s come out. You basically you go to the link and you manually type in the name of the shop and it checks in so you can show it to the shop/brothel if they ask for check in proof.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    There are a few ways around this
    1. Disable the app and use the webform.
    2. As the shop to log in for you, using the web form.
    3. They can still use a manual form.

Any which way fill the form out use a fake name and fake number. But best to use your real number just in case something happens, but use a fake name.

Better to fill something out not to get the girls and shop into trouble. They dont have the legal right to ask you for your id.
    If you put your real phone number there is no point writing a fake name...

Funny thing once a waiter gave me his phone number to check in and I could see it was pre-filled with a previous customer data with name and phone number. I could have checked in this guy again ahah. I didn't of course and maybe it was a fake name anyway I didn't care.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by surething91 View Post
    If you put your real phone number there is no point writing a fake name...
    Actually, there is… Do you really want the shop (and potentially the ML/WL) knowing your real name?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    Actually, there is… Do you really want the shop (and potentially the ML/WL) knowing your real name?
    I was more talking about the web form but yeah if you fill the paper form it's another story.

Banned
    Scanning the Qld PHO issued today for intel on the mandatory requirement for QR codes. A couple of interesting things that may be of interest to this forum.

Under "Beauty and personal care services" both "Massage (therapeutic)" and "Non-therapeutic massage" are listed. I wonder what Qld thinks the difference is from a description point of view or is it an admission that there are massage services that aren't necessarily therapeutic?

Under "High risk businesses, activities and undertakings," the activities are, "Adult entertainment venues (strip clubs), brothels, sex on premises venues and sole operator sex workers" which require check in which can be conditional with the following:-

"Where the use of the Check In Qld app would result in safety or liability issues, the business, activity or undertaking must:

collect contact information; and

comply with the requirements for collection and storage; and

if requested, provide the information collected to a public health officer within a stated time.
    "

Just to be clear, I'm assuming that you might claim a liability issue, check in with the business and they must keep the record for 30 days and make it available if needed. This ensures a higher level of privacy. Data is held in house until Public Health wants to look at it (they may never need to). It's only used for contact tracing and can be deleted after 30 days. This is the only category where this clause applies.

Qld sex industry laws are different to NSW but it will interesting to see if these QR rules are mirrored here.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I heard before that once you have the bluetooth on and your location is set on your phone. it still does track your record whereever you go even you don’t use QR scan.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    How they can enforce it? Easy, just integrated into the brothel license requirement. First time offence you get a fine and warning, second offence the license will be revoke.

This is lock down really fucking up the economy and I think we should all do out bit to end it. For long term I think all close space building should have compulsory check in.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    I heard before that once you have the bluetooth on and your location is set on your phone. it still does track your record whereever you go even you don’t use QR scan.
    I heard even you turn your phone off you still be track. The only way is too stop tracking is to take the sim out from your phone. I read some way a few years ago.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    I heard even you turn your phone off you still be track. The only way is too stop tracking is to take the sim out from your phone. I read some way a few years ago.
    With removable battery a chapter of history, it is absolutely possible. They just have to fake the 0% battery in software. As long as there are power left, there is not reason why they can't make you phone lights up like Christmas tree in tracking, even without a sim

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Covid raging but sex addicts worrying about qr codes. This is great

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    I have to humbly take back what I said earlier. Make sure you check out after leaving a premise to avoid being forced into quarantine. They're using QR code check-in to enforce it now. Use the recent check-in tab to check-out when you leave a place. Eg. From the grocery store, etc.

Stay safe and stay loose, people!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I have to humbly take back what I said earlier. Make sure you check out after leaving a premise to avoid being forced into quarantine. They're using QR code check-in to enforce it now. Use the recent check-in tab to check-out when you leave a place. Eg. From the grocery store, etc.

Stay safe and stay loose, people!
    I notice there's a change in the categories people might fall into if you're pinged by PH. "Get tested immediately. People with no symptoms do not need to isolate while waiting for their test result."

Also a slight difference between "Get tested immediately and self-isolate until you receive further advice" and "Get tested immediately. Self-isolate until you get a negative result." Not sure what the "further advice" might be! Sounds like an additional set of parameters to calculate risk priority.

I also notice the large increase in supermarkets and shopping centres listed in the lesser categories. It appears the objective might be to drive testing up by capturing substantially more people regardless of stay at home orders (we all have to shop).

Banned
    If you check in with the "Webform" option (don't have the NSW app) it returns a confirmation code to that phone to enter into the webform. It gives you a confirmation screen with the name you've used easily checked by someone else. If you get challenged you might be asked to ID yourself (not sure how legal that is?)

Don't leave that webpage.

Scrolling down will give you a "check-out" button to tap on the way out. You have an hour to do this so make sure you remember.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234