Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 10 massage outlets and their customers fined for flouting Covid-19 mask rules

10 massage outlets and their customers fined for flouting Covid-19 mask rules

As per title - in Singapore !!

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapo...-19-mask-rules

The establishments were fined $1,000, while customers were fined $300.

Without good customer services, there will be no business!!
    「今時今日咁嘅服務態度係唔得架喇…」

Directory of all my After Reports:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ts-by-AHLUNGOR

This is what RnT is all about - photo thread:
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...T-is-all-about!!

Further to the first post, found an earlier article back in May 2021:

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Published
    May 26, 2021, 11:48 am SGT

Facebook
    Twitter

SINGAPORE - The police will take action against 25 massage establishments for not ensuring that staff and customers wear masks at all times.

And 23 individuals will also be taken to task for not wearing a mask during their massage.

This comes as checks at such establishments are stepped up to ensure that safe management measures are followed, the police said in a statement on Wednesday (May 26). Checks have been carried out at around 850 such establishments in the past two weeks.

"Over the past few weeks, several clusters of infection have emerged alongside many unlinked community cases," it said. "These developments have demonstrated the need for continued vigilance in the practice of safe management measures by permitted enterprises like massage establishments, which are allowed to operate during the current Covid-19 pandemic."

Depending on the severity of breaches found, massage establishments may be fined between $1,000 and $2,000, while individuals may be fined up to $1,000.

Massage establishment operators may also be liable for prosecution under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) Act, and first-time offenders can be fined up to $10,000, jailed for up to six months, or both. Subsequent offences may incur higher penalties of a fine of up to $20,000, imprisonment of up to 12 months, or both.

Individuals who do not comply with safe distancing measures under the Covid-19 (Temporary Measures) (Control Order) Regulations may also be jailed up to six months, fined up to $10,000, or both.
    More on this topic
    Woman not wearing mask at various places arrested, handed more charges including SHN breach
    8 Britons who breached Covid-19 measures on yacht off Lazarus Island banned from working in S’pore

Join ST's Telegram channel here and get the latest breaking news delivered to you.

POLICECOVID-19SINGAPORE CRIME

Facebook
    Twitter

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

My key attention was on the number of massage shops being checked !! 850 massage establishments in Singapore, wonder how many of them are RnT ??............haha[/QUOTE]

Looks like the inspector was recording personal details of the massage staff and customers (not sure if MLs and Punters are appropriate terms on these occasions.............lol). it would be interesting if the customers have to explain to the wives or family ?

Banned
    I wonder whether most of the girls were migrant workers or on visas trying to earn a living and send back money to their families outside Singapore.

Have any places been fined or raided in Sydney?

Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    I wonder whether most of the girls were migrant workers or on visas trying to earn a living and send back money to their families outside Singapore.

Have any places been fined or raided in Sydney?
    I don’t think any Council or the State government would bother to raid on all the massage shops. Not like 850 shops they did in Singapore, can you imagine that ?

Banned
    I find that the idea of two people being in close proximity, and often in very close proximity, that a mask will prevent infection. This is laughable. This almost implies that mask on = immune, mask off = highly dangerous. If this were the case then other forms of PPE wouldn't be necessary.

"Over the past few weeks, several clusters of infection have emerged alongside many unlinked community cases," it said. "These developments have demonstrated the need for continued vigilance in the practice of safe management measures by permitted enterprises like massage establishments, which are allowed to operate during the current Covid-19 pandemic."
    Who said that Singapore was at the forefront of infection control.

Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    I find that the idea of two people being in close proximity, and often in very close proximity, that a mask will prevent infection. This is laughable. This almost implies that mask on = immune, mask off = highly dangerous. If this were the case then other forms of PPE wouldn't be necessary.

Who said that Singapore was at the forefront of infection control.
    Well, it caught my eyes with the news heading which I copied across as the thread title . But what surprised me was that the Singapore government actually crack down on the massage industry and the fact that 850 shops got a visit back in May indicated that there must be some clusters emerging from massage shops. And as a RnT punter, I am just really interested if any customers and MLs were caught butt naked - punt intended while being checked ??

So all these talks about Still Open, Blue Balls etc. guys, do all of us and the industry a favour and stay away until the lockdown is over, otherwise, once the Health department started the contact tracing in massage shops, we will all be a lot worst off.

Keep safe.

Cheers

Banned
    Well, it seems that Singapore has had 62,000 cases (double that of Aus) and 36 deaths. They are still having cases in low figures (average 11) so maybe the masks work! Everyone in the UK are abandoning masks claiming they don't work!

There's a lot of conflicting opinion (no one can provide actual evidence). It's even had published articles claiming masks are an instrument of state control, keeping people in a state of perpetual fear. Certainly, raiding shops and handing out fines possibly contribute to that.

Now in SW Sydney, police operating very visibly on the street is a level I don't think we've ever seen before. This is going to create a lot angst and will further divide the community, wait for it all to kick off very soon.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Well, it seems that Singapore has had 62,000 cases (double that of Aus) and 36 deaths. They are still having cases in low figures (average 11) so maybe the masks work! Everyone in the UK are abandoning masks claiming they don't work!

There's a lot of conflicting opinion (no one can provide actual evidence). It's even had published articles claiming masks are an instrument of state control, keeping people in a state of perpetual fear. Certainly, raiding shops and handing out fines possibly contribute to that.

Now in SW Sydney, police operating very visibly on the street is a level I don't think we've ever seen before. This is going to create a lot angst and will further divide the community, wait for it all to kick off very soon.
    well, of that 62k cases in Singapore, at least 90% of that were from the migrant dormitory outbreak. Singapore is pretty strict on enforcing restrictions. I dont think NSW Police have the same resources to police all these restrictions. In Singapore, they created a role called "safety distance ambassador" and "Safety enforcement officer" on top of the police force they have.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    good to see now manybe they take lockdown more serious

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by james912 View Post
    well, of that 62k cases in Singapore, at least 90% of that were from the migrant dormitory outbreak. Singapore is pretty strict on enforcing restrictions. I dont think NSW Police have the same resources to police all these restrictions. In Singapore, they created a role called "safety distance ambassador" and "Safety enforcement officer" on top of the police force they have.
    I didn't dig that deep into the figures, enough gardening to do here.

Having a bunch of essentially public servants strolling around keeping an eye on how close you get to people sounds like a society that's not worth living in, even in a pandemic.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by AHLUNGOR View Post
    I don’t think any Council or the State government would bother to raid on all the massage shops. Not like 850 shops they did in Singapore, can you imagine that ?
    Different council deploy different tactics now. Most of them (councils) now use a blackmail tactics.

So council inspector goes into a RNT (yes they know!!). Take you garbage as evidence of possible license infringement. Shop owner will get a fine in the post, range form 6K to 20k (yes you heard right 20K). They will let you pay in installment. A very close connection of mine saw the unfold in front of them across the Pitt street. One by one. Oh yes you can go to appeal the fine, but will you (as the owner)?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by lonely heart View Post
    Different council deploy different tactics now. Most of them (councils) now use a blackmail tactics.

So council inspector goes into a RNT (yes they know!!). Take you garbage as evidence of possible license infringement. Shop owner will get a fine in the post, range form 6K to 20k (yes you heard right 20K). They will let you pay in installment. A very close connection of mine saw the unfold in front of them across the Pitt street. One by one. Oh yes you can go to appeal the fine, but will you (as the owner)?
    If they are licensed how can it be infringed?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Because they are not allowed to open under the Public Health Order

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post

'So council inspector goes into a RNT (yes they know!!). Take you garbage as evidence of possible license infringement. Shop owner will get a fine in the post, range form 6K to 20k (yes you heard right 20K). They will let you pay in installment. A very close connection of mine saw the unfold in front of them across the Pitt street. One by one. Oh yes you can go to appeal the fine, but will you (as the owner)?"
    So who gets, and who issues a licence to operate in spite of a PHO? Why would they need their garbage to prove it? Surely going in to get it would prove they were open.

If there were such a thing why would would being open infringe a licence to be open?

I don't think that's what the poster meant at all.

Senior Member(無間使者)

Singapore has said they will start treating covid like the flu.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    So who gets, and who issues a licence to operate in spite of a PHO? Why would they need their garbage to prove it? Surely going in to get it would prove they were open.

If there were such a thing why would would being open infringe a licence to be open?

I don't think that's what the poster meant at all.
    I don't think the two quotes are related. Council inspectors could do these searches at any time when the shop has been legally opened. The fines relate to unapproved operations in the shop (breach of DA), there is no "licence" to operate an RnT.

Only police or authorised health inspectors can issue breaches against PHOs. This applies to any venue, not just massage shops.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Themassageking View Post
    The UK has said the same. This is the only realistic option to take but taking this stance is only possible with as much vaccine coverage as possible.

When we have this coverage with ongoing boosters and symptom management then all restrictions should be lifted. It shouldn't be used to justify continued surveillance and control.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    I don't think the two quotes are related. Council inspectors could do these searches at any time when the shop has been legally opened. The fines relate to unapproved operations in the shop (breach of DA), there is no "licence" to operate an RnT.

Only police or authorised health inspectors can issue breaches against PHOs. This applies to any venue, not just massage shops.
    Well, it seemed to me to be a direct answer to a direct question. You maybe right about the quotes, such is the difficulty of forum conversation.

Anyhow, there seems to be quite a bit of misunderstanding surrounding the legalities of businesses that support our "hobby" and the power of authorities to regulate or possibly abuse it!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Themassageking View Post
    the vaccination rate in Australia is horrible as compared to other countries

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast