Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown in Sydney to go until at least August

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    In this instance, I choose subservience, because the other option to have a free voice etc, is only useful as a foil to stop the governing body from exacting some sort of undeserved benefit out of a situation.

This is an outbreak in the middle of a pandemic. What sort of "undeserved benefit" can the government get out of locking people down? There is none.

You simply cannot use the same tool to solve all problems, ok? Freedom and free speech has to take a backseat now and let the government do its job. We all need to function as a single entity to beat this virus!
    Once again I don't disagree, however "free speech" should never be curtailed as long its constructive in it's use.

There is only one tool that society has, stay away from each other until out natural immune response kills it off. Protect those who do not have this immune response and devise therapies that help that immune response. It's up to the individual to realise this and take responsibility for themselves. Some see this as handing over total control to the govt which is undesirable, some feel induced to rely on govt, another undesirable response. Some feel manipulated, social engineering being the intent. Some are simply oblivious to anything until it hits them in the back of head. If we all thought the same, maybe forced to think the same, we are all eventually doomed to a dystopian twilight.

I think the protests are dumb, most protests are dumb: organised by people smart enough to stay in the background and let others get arrested. The protests usually have political intent which the "troops" are too dumb to realise.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lockie View Post
    You're a fucking nutjob inferring a govt conspiracy to "spike up the nastiness of protests to ensure there was some "infection fallout". It won't happen. Genomic sequencing will tell the truth. Full stop.
    Try reading it again.

I wasn't inferring there was a "govt conspiracy", your words, not mine. I was claiming there wasn't a govt inclination. It's all in your head. However, diversity of opinion is always welcomed.
    Last edited by adahar; 24-07-2021 at 11:55 PM. Reason: Added context.

Directory of After Reports by wilisno
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...ectory+reports
    Collections of frequently used Abbreviations
    http://www.aus99forum.com/showthread...-Abbreviations

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    Once again I don't disagree, however "free speech" should never be curtailed as long its constructive in it's use.

There is only one tool that society has, stay away from each other until out natural immune response kills it off. Protect those who do not have this immune response and devise therapies that help that immune response. It's up to the individual to realise this and take responsibility for themselves. Some see this as handing over total control to the govt which is undesirable, some feel induced to rely on govt, another undesirable response. Some feel manipulated, social engineering being the intent. Some are simply oblivious to anything until it hits them in the back of head. If we all thought the same, maybe forced to think the same, we are all eventually doomed to a dystopian twilight.

I think the protests are dumb, most protests are dumb: organised by people smart enough to stay in the background and let others get arrested. The protests usually have political intent which the "troops" are too dumb to realise.
    Bro, all your posts are full of self-contradictions, passive aggressive intonations, and you have an inclination to stir up controversy when there is none. You are starting to be very predictable in what you post. Maybe blueballs is causing you to overthink everything, or you simply enjoy looking for and imagining there is a dagger hidden in every shadow.

No, I completely disagree, it is not "up to the individual". This is a fight for survival between the virus and the human race. Does the virus have individual thought? Maybe some are "friendly" or lazy viruses that will let you off the hook when you get it? No, they all act in the same way, they are a coherent single entity that will do what it takes, as efficiently as possible, to win the fight.

In order to beat it, the human race also needs to act as one. That means someone has to be in control, make decisions that others have to follow. This is the only way forward.

Stop overthinking that other human beings will take advantage of the situation to pull a fast one. Stop looking for ways that you can paint your fellow human beings as the enemy because we are all in this fight together whether you like it or not.

Banned
    Bro, all your posts are full of self-contradictions, passive aggressive intonations, and you have an inclination to stir up controversy when there is none. You are starting to be very predictable in what you post. Maybe blueballs is causing you to overthink everything, or you simply enjoy looking for and imagining there is a dagger hidden in every shadow.

No, I completely disagree, it is not "up to the individual". This is a fight for survival between the virus and the human race. Does the virus have individual thought? Maybe some are "friendly" or lazy viruses that will let you off the hook when you get it? No, they all act in the same way, they are a coherent single entity that will do what it takes, as efficiently as possible, to win the fight.

In order to beat it, the human race also needs to act as one. That means someone has to be in control, make decisions that others have to follow. This is the only way forward.

Stop overthinking that other human beings will take advantage of the situation to pull a fast one. Stop looking for ways that you can paint your fellow human beings as the enemy because we are all in this fight together whether you like it or not.
    Amen, well said...........

Banned
    GoldfishMan. Bro, all your posts are full of self-contradictions, passive aggressive intonations, and you have an inclination to stir up controversy when there is none. You are starting to be very predictable in what you post. Maybe blueballs is causing you to overthink everything, or you simply enjoy looking for and imagining there is a dagger hidden in every shadow.
    I've agreed with you twice now. The retort is a bit overly dramatic but I'll accept it as a passionate response.

GoldfishMan. No, I completely disagree, it is not "up to the individual". This is a fight for survival between the virus and the human race. Does the virus have individual thought? Maybe some are "friendly" or lazy viruses that will let you off the hook when you get it? No, they all act in the same way, they are a coherent single entity that will do what it takes, as efficiently as possible, to win the fight.

Infusing a virus with any degree of malevolence is going a bit far. It simply exists, as do we. Acting as one has never been a feature of the human race. Fortunately, being like of mind has enabled the majority to get to this point of our evolution. Many societies have tried the control path, all have failed and all will fail, even those currently practising this concept.

GoldfishMan. Stop overthinking that other human beings will take advantage of the situation to pull a fast one. Stop looking for ways that you can paint your fellow human beings as the enemy because we are all in this fight together whether you like it or not.
    It turns out that the Brisbane flight attendant that crewed a number of flights actually went to Ballina to pick up a man from Sydney who subsequently turned positive. They drove back to Brisbane and she became positive later (after waiting 8 days to get tested). I'll leave it up to the dear reader to decide what the motivation was there. In this instance a "fast one" would be a mild characterisation. In the meantime, many passengers on 6 flights and a hotel were quarantined along with their close contacts.

People routinely think they can get away with things when it suits them, including politicians.

http://https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-07-23/covid-qld-flight-attendant-coronavirus-latest-cases/100315484

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I reckon the lockdown gonna persist till September at least, not factoring the protest ytd

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by james912 View Post
    I reckon the lockdown gonna persist till September at least, not factoring the protest ytd
    anything can happen. the less testing we get the less cases. Yesterday was about 93k were tested that resulted to 136 cases. Normally we get result from 20-50k tested about 20-50 cases from the start. So this virus is not easy to track down even if someone is sick untested until it get worst then they admit to hospital.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    My money is on lockdown until October, Borders Opening December

Quote Originally Posted by james912 View Post
    I think it will go much further than that, but not in its current form. Let's face it, NSW is "different" from any other part of Australia. Cost of living, inequality, both are at the highest in NSW. So the state Gov here has no choice but to act accordingly. They have to balance people's livelihoods with saving lives.

Gladys is already exploring changing the lockdown into "lockdown one area and Jerry everyone else live with minimal restrictions". I don't even know what to call it.
    It's all that talk about putting a "ring of steel" around the West and Southwest areas, with the help of the military.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I think it will go much further than that, but not in its current form. Let's face it, NSW is "different" from any other part of Australia. Cost of living, inequality, both are at the highest in NSW. So the state Gov here has no choice but to act accordingly. They have to balance people's livelihoods with saving lives.

Gladys is already exploring changing the lockdown into "lockdown one area and Jerry everyone else live with minimal restrictions". I don't even know what to call it.
    It's all that talk about putting a "ring of steel" around the West and Southwest areas, with the help of the military.
    I don't see how that will go down well.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    It's great that the COVID Testing numbers hit six figures - kudos to the community for coming out in droves. The negative unfortunately is that this increased testing is exposing more and more infections, albeit the majority are from the well known & publicised 'hot spots'

When we do start to come out of lockdown, things will move slowly and in different phases. I think there will be very strict social distancing restrictions which will remain in play until at least the end of 2021, if not beyond. Probably at least until the vaccination rate goes up. You can bet that the government will use the increased testing numbers of recent days as 'marketing ploy' to get people out & getting jabs in arms soon enough - "NSW you've been so great in your response to get tested so we can track & trace this virus... now lets crush it altogether by all getting vaccinated".

As for the immediate future of our beloved 'hobby', 'lifestyle' - however we want to term it...

Brothels and Massage Parlours will be the absolute last of the last on the list to re-open (same with the small underground bar, nightclub, stripclub, etc scene that exists in many parts of the city & inner west). It won't be like last time where the lines were blurred between 'remedial massage parlour' (which opened up pretty much straight away and still were able to offer part two and beyond) and 'brothel' / 'erotic massage parlour' (both licensed the same way - and were about 2-3 weeks behind in re-opening last time from memory).

Unfortunately I think a lot of our favourite WLs/MLs live in the current 'on fire' areas (I'm basing this off the fact that I know a handful of my favourites do). Movement in and out of those areas is just too risky at the moment, and will remain so for sometime. Gladys, Kerry, Brad & Mick would be quite well aware of this too.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    It's great that the COVID Testing numbers hit six figures - kudos to the community for coming out in droves. The negative unfortunately is that this increased testing is exposing more and more infections, albeit the majority are from the well known & publicised 'hot spots'

When we do start to come out of lockdown, things will move slowly and in different phases. I think there will be very strict social distancing restrictions which will remain in play until at least the end of 2021, if not beyond. Probably at least until the vaccination rate goes up. You can bet that the government will use the increased testing numbers of recent days as 'marketing ploy' to get people out & getting jabs in arms soon enough - "NSW you've been so great in your response to get tested so we can track & trace this virus... now lets crush it altogether by all getting vaccinated".

As for the immediate future of our beloved 'hobby', 'lifestyle' - however we want to term it...

Brothels and Massage Parlours will be the absolute last of the last on the list to re-open (same with the small underground bar, nightclub, stripclub, etc scene that exists in many parts of the city & inner west). It won't be like last time where the lines were blurred between 'remedial massage parlour' (which opened up pretty much straight away and still were able to offer part two and beyond) and 'brothel' / 'erotic massage parlour' (both licensed the same way - and were about 2-3 weeks behind in re-opening last time from memory).

Unfortunately I think a lot of our favourite WLs/MLs live in the current 'on fire' areas (I'm basing this off the fact that I know a handful of my favourites do). Movement in and out of those areas is just too risky at the moment, and will remain so for sometime. Gladys, Kerry, Brad & Mick would be quite well aware of this too.
    Epidemiologists /tracers et al would even based on low testing rates/infections extrapolate using known data. Modelling.

But hats off yes to all those who continue to offer up their sinus for testing.

Remember you’re either with the virus or with humanity … wish I could say that in a Smokey the Bear kinda voice

I’m of the thought and irrespective of how agencies, state fed level Govt going to ring anywhere in steel or move toward altering lockdown measures, highly unlikely to see any form of business offering ‘personal services’ being allowed to reopen until toward end of year.

But really who the fuk knows

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cumquat View Post
    I’m of the thought and irrespective of how agencies, state fed level Govt going to ring anywhere in steel or move toward altering lockdown measures, highly unlikely to see any form of business offering ‘personal services’ being allowed to reopen until toward end of year.
    They can if they decree that such "Personal Services" as "Essential Services".

Banned
    No one is revealing the data but the large testing numbers is in no small part due to QR check in's generated by major retailers. If you've been to an exposure site in the prior 4 days as a casual contact you're required to do another test.

No small wonder the numbers are up with capacity approaching limits. Who'd thought!

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    No one is revealing the data but the large testing numbers is in no small part due to QR check in's generated by major retailers. If you've been to an exposure site in the prior 4 days as a casual contact you're required to do another test.

No small wonder the numbers are up with capacity approaching limits. Who'd thought!
    Are you a female by any chance?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Are you a female by any chance?
    You too a female?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmansam View Post
    My money is on lockdown until October, Borders Opening December
    Maybe borders open to full vax'd people above the age of 12 only (obviously under 12 cant get it (unfortunately))

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    They'll never bring in the military. It means they've lost control. Gladys and the police guy always says we have sufficient police.

If they bring in the military, the media and overseas media will have a field day and Gladys will eventually lose her job

Quote Originally Posted by local View Post
    Maybe borders open to full vax'd people above the age of 12 only (obviously under 12 cant get it (unfortunately))
    It would be hard for the authorities to argue that vaccination of inbound travellers is enough to allow them in. Particularly when everywhere you look, the concensus is that vaccination does not prevent transmission of the virus, it merely makes the disease less serious. A vaccinated traveller could be as big a risk of carrying the virus into Australia as an unvaccinated one. And as long as restrictions remain for inbound travel, outbound travel for Aussies will continue to be suppressed.

Based on the above, I think the key to opening borders is the same as the ending of lockdown: vaccination of the majority population of Australia.
    That, however, still depends on the outcome of the "experiment" currently being conducted in the UK.

Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast