Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Lockdown in Sydney to go until at least August

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rogeryou View Post
    GOVERNMENT SYSTEMS IN PLACE

Due to the current financial situation caused by the Corona Virus and slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT program (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government.

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much SHIT (Special High Intensity Training) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of SHIT they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough SHIT, please bring this to the attention of your TD, who has been trained to give you all the SHIT you can handle.

Sincerely,
    E.V.I.L.
    Economic Value of Individual Lives
    ROFL, brilliant!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    Well, I'm a sole trader - not a sole tradie. But if the only difference is the letter "i" then I'm going for that f**king 1K pw too.
    sorry bro. i thought all tradies included which nothing specific mentioned. On other note if you really struggling you could apply for the grant. That’s the risk having to go on your own with ABN paying too much tax, i was on uber 3yrs ago i felt that, pay my tax every 3months. Though you could earn extra side cash doing private jobs.
    I work in hospitality my support is 600pw from the gov. 250 goes to my mortgage then 200 on food pw. still bit left over but hey i’m not working just relax stay home & safe, reboosting my energy for comingback to work after lockdown & spend for a nice massage

Senior Member(無間使者)
    A little bit of Monica, stay inside
    A little bit of Jessica not tonight
    A little bit of Mary should stay home
    A little bit of Sandra on the phone
    A little bit of Rita i won’t see
    Until we get the COVID-19 vaccine

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    ROFL, brilliant!!
    Hahaha good to know someone has a sense of humour

Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    I don’t understand how they complain so much. Construction industry is the highest paid job in australia earning about min 80-150k. also with the private cash job. Yet they still get grants 1000pw from gov. i seen a story video of a trademen how he cant live with losing 3k pw with his anger and say he cant feed the family because of lockdown. Yet, im sure those kind of people have nice houses and expensive cars the typical bmw, merc. im sure they have enough saving if it werent for those assets.
    They maybe be paid a lot. But according to a lot of DR's I know their working careers are quiet short due to injuries and back issues.

I mean most of the people on constructions sites are 40 and less. % wise not proportional amount working over the age of 45

Quote Originally Posted by vitamin View Post
    They maybe be paid a lot. But according to a lot of DR's I know their working careers are quiet short due to injuries and back issues.

I mean most of the people on constructions sites are 40 and less. % wise not proportional amount working over the age of 45
    That may be true, but it's also I think because their income stream is not really steady even in good times. It's all project based... Once their role on the project is done, that income stream is gone and they have to move to the next one. Definitely not the same as sitting behind a desk all year taking the same annual salary.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogeryou View Post
    Hahaha good to know someone has a sense of humour
    No humour = no life. Thanks for the great post, bro!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Carissawhore View Post
    A little bit of Monica, stay inside
    A little bit of Jessica not tonight
    A little bit of Mary should stay home
    A little bit of Sandra on the phone
    A little bit of Rita i won’t see
    Until we get the COVID-19 vaccine
    Because this is lockdown no.5?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    That may be true, but it's also I think because their income stream is not really steady even in good times. It's all project based... Once their role on the project is done, that income stream is gone and they have to move to the next one. Definitely not the same as sitting behind a desk all year taking the same annual salary.
    True. But let’s not forget the overall pay for them is way better than an average pay. Once they receive that pay they’ll spend it without thinking. They thought that sort of pay will come like a flowing river. It’s game over when time like this happens with little or no saving left for themselves. At least they should appreciate with having food and shelter, unless he is a gambler lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Pretty ignorant comment what about the 4 year apprenticeship most do or thousands they have in tools and vehicles and insurance

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by 4647 View Post
    Pretty ignorant comment what about the 4 year apprenticeship most do or thousands they have in tools and vehicles and insurance
    I don’t mean by all but i’m depicting those who got the high salary with luxury goods that still complains which i saw on video that the guy can’t afford to lose 3k pw. Now if the situation is like this, how will they afford? Tell me about the ford ranger and high end hilux.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    I don’t mean by all but i’m depicting those who got the high salary with luxury goods that still complains which i saw on video that the guy can’t afford to lose 3k pw. Now if the situation is like this, how will they afford? Tell me about the ford ranger and high end hilux.
    Sorry but you don't know what your talking about, people are losing their livelihoods and you think it's amusing.. Many of these tradesman are contractors and sub contractors, what the government is giving them isn't enough to cover mortgages, loans, insurance, food, electricity etc etc. Stop being so heartless..

suka02, there is no special division for tradies to get 1000pw grants compared to any other worker who only gets $750pw.

People are already sick of their wingeing about losing two weeks work when many others in the economy have lost months and months and months of work. It wouldn't wear politically that they would get privileged extra financial support, especially when they have suffered the least, in fact suffered not at all in nsw up to this point. I don't know where you got your information from. Provide a link to it if you can.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    You get a lot of variation in the construction industry.
    If you are working on a big project and on a unionised work site then yes you have good pay and great conditions and benefits, and so you should. The Union is Strength.
    But if you are working on a small non unionised site or for a dodgy builder or sub contractor then that's a different story.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Champ next time your power goes out don't call the sparky have a go at fixing it your self try not to kill yourself or burn your place down in the process

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Maybe not just up to August but September. 136 cases today

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Heard it first on Aus99!!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMaestro View Post
    Heard it first on Aus99!!
    Becoming an "Orwellion Society".....I'm starting to write like "Liminal"...........

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Maybe they have large family to feed, little savings, big expenses etc. Hard to say if we dun know the details. Only thing sure is that They are not making situation better for rest of us though.

Any CBD dwellers here? Fucking crazy scenes unfolding. Lockdown protests turning violent!

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast