Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OZ Digital COVID Certificate

Senior Member(無間使者)

OZ Digital COVID Certificate

This OZ Digital COVID Certificate doesn't exist...not yet! Seeing the current situation here in Australia and the EU Digital COVID Certificate being prepared in Europe I don't see why we won't have it here.

Basically the owner of any cafe, restaurants, cinema, gym, shopping center etc... will scan your QR code to check you have been vaccinated or tested negative. I'm not sure who will store all these sensitive data and what will be seen when scanning it though.

So if this thing comes here are you ready for the papasan/mamasan to scan your QR code (and see whatever is on it, maybe name, DOB, phone number etc..) before entering the premises? How far the privacy violation can go? Please share your thoughts.

Again it's in the case this digital certificate comes in Australia. It's not happening here right now.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    If the shop want to scan my QR I want to see the Ml/WL certificate as well. Haha we can see their name and date of birth. If this happens more then half of business is gone.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    https://ec.europa.eu/info/live-work-...rtificate-work

It seems that the QR would only tell a casual viewer that the certificate is authentic, it won't show any personal detail. Hopefully it will be the same as a digital driver's licence.

It would appear this certificate is intended for cross-borders travel, not for entry to a shop or venue.

There is a certificate of sorts on the Medicare app but no QR code.

Something like that will eventually be linked to the Service NSW app.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Banned
    If this ever gets up I wouldn't want to enter anybody's business unless they have all their staff display their "covid status" and present it on demand.

Surely this is a reasonable expectation in a democracy?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    If the shop want to scan my QR I want to see the Ml/WL certificate as well. Haha we can see their name and date of birth. If this happens more then half of business is gone.
    Would you ask them to show they had been tested recently and have no STI?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    If this ever gets up I wouldn't want to enter anybody's business unless they have all their staff display their "covid status" and present it on demand.

Surely this is a reasonable expectation in a democracy?
    It won't happen, businesses would need to test their staff daily so that this could be implemented.. All I can say is look at what's happening in Israel right now, a huge surge in vaccinated people getting the delta varient disproportionately higher then the unvaccinated...

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    It won't happen, businesses would need to test their staff daily so that this could be implemented.. All I can say is look at what's happening in Israel right now, a huge surge in vaccinated people getting the delta varient disproportionately higher then the unvaccinated...
    To enter the British Grand Prix this weekend you have to show that you have had both jabs and a covid negative test result within the last 48 hours by an approved NHS test. It is a sellout crowd of 140,000 people.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    Why not? But then again.....

Even the privacy of a sex workers health status is sanctioned by legislation in NSW. Given that the ratio of covid positive cases to tests is 0.14%, it would appear that this is far less than the rate of STI's.

If we are contemplating that an individuals health status can be interrogated by anybody then we are embarking on a very slippery slope.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    To enter the British Grand Prix this weekend you have to show that you have had both jabs and a covid negative test result within the last 48 hours by an approved NHS test. It is a sellout crowd of 140,000 people.
    All this talk of freedom in UK is all BS they have 52000 infection a day and only 70% with at least 1 dose and 52% 2 dose. This Delta virus is infecting young like children which can't vax. This will be big problems in a few weeks time. We will have the same problems down the track.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Why not? But then again.....

Even the privacy of a sex workers health status is sanctioned by legislation in NSW. Given that the ratio of covid positive cases to tests is 0.14%, it would appear that this is far less than the rate of STI's.

If we are contemplating that an individuals health status can be interrogated by anybody then we are embarking on a very slippery slope.
    An STI certificate is useless as it goes out the window after she has seen her first dude. So even if she shows a current one it is possible she has the clap.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    All this talk of freedom in UK is all BS they have 52000 infection a day and only 70% with at least 1 dose and 52% 2 dose. This Delta virus is infecting young like children which can't vax. This will be big problems in a few weeks time. We will have the same problems down the track.
    Excuse the pun but it is the road the USA and the UK are testing

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    I would if they ask if I m tested for STI. Don't you ask?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by surething91 View Post
    This OZ Digital COVID Certificate doesn't exist...not yet! Seeing the current situation here in Australia and the EU Digital COVID Certificate being prepared in Europe I don't see why we won't have it here.

Basically the owner of any cafe, restaurants, cinema, gym, shopping center etc... will scan your QR code to check you have been vaccinated or tested negative. I'm not sure who will store all these sensitive data and what will be seen when scanning it though.

So if this thing comes here are you ready for the papasan/mamasan to scan your QR code (and see whatever is on it, maybe name, DOB, phone number etc..) before entering the premises? How far the privacy violation can go? Please share your thoughts.

Again it's in the case this digital certificate comes in Australia. It's not happening here right now.
    Think u find they talking about having one for the Asia/pacific region

Banned
    This type of requirement has also been initiated in France with mandatory vaccination for health workers by September.

All this is quite illogical. Covid won't go away. There's no evidence that vaccination will prevent infection (maybe reduce it but the jury's still out). The nett result is that the primary source of infection will eventually be by vaccinated people.

All in all a hysterical reaction mainly to stave off possible litigation by an equally terrified population.

Banned
    An STI certificate is useless as it goes out the window after she has seen her first dude. So even if she shows a current one it is possible she has the clap.
    Err, same thing with a vaccine certificate! (or a negative test).

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Wow that’s big, a landlord in an English Pub was trying to do the same thing and he got abused online for been a racist, go figure

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Excuse the pun but it is the road the USA and the UK are testing
    The USA and UK can be the testing ground please not us here.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Err, same thing with a vaccine certificate!
    Could argue the same COVID, you could catch it soon after u had the test

Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    Where on Earth do you get your information from? Most likely Facebook hey?

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/he...508e78d606a23a

It's does say the Pfizer vaccines effectiveness drops to 64% with the Delta strain.

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast