Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: OZ Digital COVID Certificate

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    I’m with you Goldfishman. It’s been decade i havent took the flu shot and I rarely get sick. before that took the shot for few years i seem to get sick alot. That is why i don’t trust it. because it’s not effective and replacing our immune is just like someone trying to hack into your computer and not knowing what is installed. I know later on it will be mandotory taking this vac. I will take it when i have no choice. I wish it’s a choice.

It’s unlogic of people here saying, those people who don’t take the vac will get effected. Funnily, those people who took it still get effected. I myself had covid in the early last year, i been through it. I got cured after a week as my doctor gave me prescription with all those symptoms. It’s recoverable but it all depends various of everyone’s health, lucky i’m not a smoker or alcoholic those 2 thing is unhealthy, sorry to say but I had experienced it the past. I felt so much better to got it of it.

So the conclusion is either those take it or not they still get effected some may lead into hospitals in other countries. Here is different story, as we are manageable and have better health system. Thank you Australia.
    No mate, I don't think it is because the vaccine screws with our immune system to make it weaker. It makes it stronger, just not as strong as we think it will be.
    It's in our heads. We think that getting a vaccine makes us King of the world, so we put our guards down. I'm saying take the vaccine and continue to take all the same precautions against it.

Banned
    It's dangerous to assume that vaccines will prevent/inhibit infection. A quick look at the UK data reveals that with 50,000+ daily cases but with hospitalisation/death rates only marginally ticking up. The Govt is inferring that conjoining the two indicates the vaccine is working.

This is slightly misleading as it's a false dichotomy with two different data sets that have little influence on each other. The push to get vaccinated is primarily focussed on the need to keep people out of hospital, reduce cost and uncertainly, and ultimately death. If their inference is accepted it means that not only does vaccination do little to inhibit infection but it's the prime acquisition path.

UK UPDATE: Vaccinated people with symptoms have increased over the unvaccinated by a good margin and are now well over half the cases.

The question is, what other restrictions would they have to do away with? No more masks? No more social distancing? Open borders? (Goldfishman)
    It is indeed, but there is now looming a darker side!

There is some commentary in the UK that people will not abandon masks and social distancing, preferring to maintain an air of "safety" surrounding their lives. They have become unwilling to let the management of their security be their own responsibility; they have accepted that the Govt will look after them. The weeks following July 19 (UK Freedom Day) will be studied closely by many.

There's also some hint of this in the US as unvaccinated people are being demonised as being "selfish, uncaring, lacking empathy" and spreading the virus. If we agree with the UK data above then this becomes patently false and hysterical nonsense. In accordance, continuing to wear the mask can be seen as establishing the community credentials of the individual, which is virtue signalling at it's best, or worst.

This signals a fundamental change in the attitude of people and while some may consider this just a change of personality it could also mean some damage to mental health which didn't exist before.
    Last edited by adahar; 18-07-2021 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Insert UK UPDATE

Banned
    Another interesting analysis from the UK number crunching:-

In the last three months there has been 3683 deaths from Influenza + Pneumonia as an underlying cause (average of 263 per week) and 1882 from Covid as an underlying cause (average of 134 per week).

I can't remember if there has ever been any lock downs for 200+ weekly deaths from the former. Does this change the perspective? Dunno, you make your own mind up.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Not this it's just flu again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sukeong View Post
    No it's not but some people have to come to the realisation that covid ain't going away and we can't stay in fear of on/off lock down forever. An adjustment of the public psyche will have to take place sometime.

When, and if that happens will be in your hands.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Basically the government could make vaccination in effect compulsory without officially making it compulsory.
    You can easily do this by making almost any activity dependent on being vaccinated.
    Travel, passports, employment, welfare payments etc
    If the anti-vaxers want to remain unvaccinated they can try and live off the grid, maybe they can go live a cave somewhere
    Nobody is gonna miss these nutters
    France and Germany are heading that way in granting privileges to people who have been vaccinated and making daily life difficult for those who aren't. The European Union is using digital covid certificates, with scannable QR codes that quickly show if someone has been vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from covid-19. The French President announced recently that people would have to flash their certificates before entering trains, planes, restaurants, cafes and many other places starting next month. This has resulted in protests in France with protesters in Paris chanting, “No to the health dictatorship!” and “Freedom!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...7cb_story.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by cuteguy View Post
    France and Germany are heading that way in granting privileges to people who have been vaccinated and making daily life difficult for those who aren't. The European Union is using digital covid certificates, with scannable QR codes that quickly show if someone has been vaccinated, tested negative or recovered from covid-19. The French President announced recently that people would have to flash their certificates before entering trains, planes, restaurants, cafes and many other places starting next month. This has resulted in protests in France with protesters in Paris chanting, “No to the health dictatorship!” and “Freedom!”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...7cb_story.html
    Whats the point?

In the UK there are more people with vaccination testing positive than without! Eventually they'll reach vaccine saturation but still have rising cases. What will certificates, passports et al do for them then?

It's a lot of hysterical nonsense.

Banned
    No one is forcing you to have the vaccine so don't have it, you must be the Asian Batman being so invincible, personally I would rather listen to my doctor or experts in the field rather than rants from people like you...have a safe day everybody18034385_1627497523957236_1715909193843918232_n.jpg

Senior Member(無間使者)
    You just dumb and uneducated! If someone doesnt to take it what is the problem? you know it doesnt prevent from covid/delta. yeah yeah people say they get it mild only. Rubbish! won’t work. I don’t want to be guanie pig trialing on these vaccs that are not approval and safe. I had covid back a year ago, doctor gave me prescription for every each symptom. Stayed home, take medicine and reboosting my immune. I got cured after a week. Didn’t ever took any flu vac in past decade or this one.
    Tell that to the millions of people that have died from covid

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seafood View Post
    Tell that to the millions of people that have died from covid
    Still more deaths along the way anyway with or without vac. it won’t end and vac is not 100% a solution until 100% research is done, atm it may interfere with other people’s health issue which makes it not comfortable to take. if you believe in those vac Good! I find it amusing that cases still rising around the globe. Especially in UK & US high cases it’s where they produce the vac. suprisingly. Yep! Keep listening to the media and urge yourself to take it.

I’m not taking it unless it is compulsary later on or better improvement on the vac.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Still more deaths along the way anyway with or without vac. it won’t end and vac is not 100% a solution until 100% research is done, atm it may interfere with other people’s health issue which makes it not comfortable to take. if you believe in those vac Good! I find it amusing that cases still rising around the globe. Especially in UK & US high cases it’s where they produce the vac. suprisingly. Yep! Keep listening to the media and urge yourself to take it.

I’m not taking it unless it is compulsary later on or better improvement on the vac.
    Cases are rising in the UK and US as vaccinated people get out more but almost all of these cases aren’t serious. People think saying “but you can still Covid if you’re vaccinated” is a rebuttal or a reason not to be vaccinated. We may never eradicate Covid now but getting vaccinated might be the difference for you between being in a hospital unconscious on a ventilator for 2 weeks or just having a bit of a cough for 2-3 days. Moving forward we will probably start to forget about daily case numbers and focus on hospitalisations and death as a measuring stick for concern

Anyway isn’t this a punting forum? Lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharphorse View Post
    Cases are rising in the UK and US as vaccinated people get out more but almost all of these cases aren’t serious. People think saying “but you can still Covid if you’re vaccinated” is a rebuttal or a reason not to be vaccinated. We may never eradicate Covid now but getting vaccinated might be the difference for you between being in a hospital unconscious on a ventilator for 2 weeks or just having a bit of a cough for 2-3 days. Moving forward we will probably start to forget about daily case numbers and focus on hospitalisations and death as a measuring stick for concern

Anyway isn’t this a punting forum? Lol
    Sure is a fun debate. you know even the vac. people can still get hospitalised. It’s all depending on each person’s health condition. I believe we are not going anywhere even outside country until it is all safe. Which means the vax is not 100% preventive atm until they find more improved.

99 Premium Member (特級會員) woods23's Avatar
    Some ppl here so stubborn is like-对牛弹琴

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Huh? I'm not against vaccination. In fact I hope people do get vaccinated do every country will reach herd immunity. I'm saying Covid isn't like normal flu.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Banned
    Huh? I'm not against vaccination. In fact I hope people do get vaccinated do every country will reach herd immunity. I'm saying Covid isn't like normal flu.

That's the first time you have actually said something remotely sensible...give the man a jab........

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    That's the first time you have actually said something remotely sensible...give the man a jab........
    Lol pls stop replying to me. I dun waste time for nonsense thanks

Banned
    Lol pls stop replying to me. I dun waste time for nonsense thanks

You "dun" waste time for nonsense?? that's all you speak..good night

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This thread went a bit in the wrong direction with pro vax vs anti vax but let's try to go beyond that and don't fight about that:

So, do you see this covid certificate coming now? If it comes, are you concerned of showing it when entering a shop?

Many people don't care about privacy but I imagine most people in this forum do care about it and know how critical it can be to give it away.

I'm interested have your opinion on it.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by surething91 View Post
    This thread went a bit in the wrong direction with pro vax vs anti vax but let's try to go beyond that and don't fight about that:

So, do you see this covid certificate coming now? If it comes, are you concerned of showing it when entering a shop?

Many people don't care about privacy but I imagine most people in this forum do care about it and know how critical it can be to give it away.

I'm interested have your opinion on it.
    The way it will work as I understand it is to attach it to the QR check in app.

I presume any shop or business that wants to do this will have their QR code modified so that a registration will connect to your immunisation record and verify it before returning a green tick. If your record shows no vaccination it'll either refuse to check you in or return a denial flag.

If the shop doesn't care about vaccine verification but wants you to check in they will continue with their current QR code then it's business as usual.

The other option is that they won't care whether you can check in or not so it won't matter.

There is no privacy to worry about other than the fact that they know your medical status. Your medical records used to be something that no one had a right to know but it seems a tiny piece of that is to be violated.

On the other hand, it'll be a certainty that you'll have to give it up if you travel overseas, no matter where you go, so maybe just popping into a local coffee shop isn't such a long stretch. Of course, having the govt know your every movement on a day to day basis, the data produced can (and will) be used for all sorts of other stuff, is something people seem quite agreeable to giving up.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast