Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Timeline for shops reopening

99 Premium Member (特級會員) rooter's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    Plus AZ could be made in Oz so supply wouldn't be an issue. Hindsight is very easy. Albo can say anything he wants (like anyone in opposition) but we will never know actually What he would have done if he was PM. Anyway there is nothing wrong with AZ apart from the media ripping it apart
    The media reported the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) advice to the Federal Government and that the Federal Government followed that advice.
    That's what the media does is a free democracy. Sometimes the truth is inconvenient, but the truth is the truth and has to be reported.
    Then people can make their own choices.
    This is Australia, not North Korea.
    Would you prefer that the media ignored, or covered up the story?

Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    That scomo only bet on one horse. Why he only buy 10 millions dose not 20 millions or 30 millions dose. The answer is he try to save money because Pfizer cost 5 time more than AZ. It was report Pfizer cost $800 millions.
    As already mentioned by Vader above, I think the main reason was that the AZ vaccines could be manufactured locally by CSL, so logistically it’s a much saver bet as well as no shortage of supply. Pfizer on the other hand must be imported and had to be transported and stored at subzero temperatures . Then of course the cost factors too!

Hindsight is a very good thing. If I was in his position, and with the limited data and health advices available at the time I probably would do the same. It was pure bad luck that AZ has already showing some fatal side effects which put a lot of people off for taking it. But all the vaccines have been produced in such high space and none really have done enough testing for long term health effects. So good luck to all of us.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I'm going to guess it will be once 80%+ of the local population have had 2 vaccine doses AND the spread is slowing/hospitalisations are declining substantially.

At best it will be later this year. Possibly December. Maybe January 2022. Unfortunately.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    The media reported the Australian Technical Advisory Group on Immunisation (ATAGI) advice to the Federal Government and that the Federal Government followed that advice.
    That's what the media does is a free democracy. Sometimes the truth is inconvenient, but the truth is the truth and has to be reported.
    Then people can make their own choices.
    This is Australia, not North Korea.
    Would you prefer that the media ignored, or covered up the story?
    I was just commenting what I think happened. I wasn't criticising anything apart from maybe some the media going on and on as fear sells. I think your last line is over the top. But then, you laughed when I said knock shops and rnt wouldn't open until the end of this year or maybe even next.

I was just commenting what I think happened. I wasn't criticising anything apart from maybe some the media going on and on as fear sells. I think your last line is over the top. But then, you laughed when I said knock shops and rnt wouldn't open until the end of this year or maybe even next.
    I am still laughing at that!
    That is a ridiculous prediction.
    You are such a Henny Penny

Banned
    I reckon he's not far out, and it was "Chicken Little", Henny Penny is or was a chicken shop like Red rooster...sorry just lock down boredom...cheers

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    So what do you base your opinion on?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    I reckon he's not far out, and it was "Chicken Little", Henny Penny is or was a chicken shop like Red rooster...sorry just lock down boredom...cheers
    BTW I mean legally open, we all know stacks are still operating now.

Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    It's Henny Penny in Australia. Chicken Little in the USA.

Banned
    BTW I mean legally open, we all know stacks are still operating now.
    I know a couple locally, but if I was to do it again it would be when they are all legally open, meanwhile the dog has started talking

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Not exactly sure what is Gladys plan for exiting the current lockdown ?

Her target of 6 million doses even if we look at all these as 2 jabs, is just barely 40% of NSW fully vaccinated. If we look at it as 1 jab, the efficacy against Delta is 30% at best. Say we take this 30% off the current daily (abt 300) of new infections, we are still looking at abt 200 new daily infections.

Is there really a clear plan out of this lockdown ?

Senior Member(無間使者)
    With the current situation, lockdown def not gonna end by sept at least. So unfair to other industries when they cant work, but certain industry can go ahead with proof of vaccination

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Remember that the EU decided we were doing so well that they took 10 million Pfizer off us.
    Also remember vaccine has only been available for a very short time

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    Not exactly sure what is Gladys plan for exiting the current lockdown ?

Her target of 6 million doses even if we look at all these as 2 jabs, is just barely 40% of NSW fully vaccinated. If we look at it as 1 jab, the efficacy against Delta is 30% at best. Say we take this 30% off the current daily (abt 300) of new infections, we are still looking at abt 200 new daily infections.

Is there really a clear plan out of this lockdown ?
    They think they have a plan but it may change over time.

The National Cabinet (all of 'em) appears to have agreed that rolling lockdowns, short and sharp will be key to suppress any outbreak until at least 70% and 80% vaccine saturation is achieved.

NSW, on the other hand, has lost that opportunity. When fresh cases (infectious in the community) get above 50+ contact tracing is pretty much behind the eight ball. Not due to the tracers but the data flow from contacts is not quick enough, not accurate enough and mostly incomplete. Increasing the number of tracers only has a marginal effect on throughput. People that treat PHO's in a casual manner are not likely to be forthcoming with their activities in a timely manner.

The result is to try and throw a net over as many possible infections as they can, hence the supermarkets becoming exposure sites. Last week there were over 100 sites (now 141 including Bunnings) resulting in massive testing. It's been stated there's only been a handful of cases detected at these sites with Kerry Chant saying they are low risk.

It's unlikely we will get to zero or low new cases at all so expect this lockdown to continue to mid December. It's possible that some restrictions might ease in some locations but this will depend on the vaccination rate which they expect will reach the required figure by then. The govt will subsequently have a big decision to make, I doubt keeping the rolling lockdowns will be one of them, this simply cannot be sustained, but we'll see when we get there.

The hope is getting a shed load of Pfizer by then which will likely bring out customers in droves, especially those below age 40, the cohort lacking in numbers so far. This will very quickly drive the rate higher and give Public Health the ammo to advise accordingly.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If you knew my background you wouldn't be saying that.... However you haven't responded to what your prediction is and what it is based on. Plus I have given you a good months head start.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Would you mask up at all outdoor and indoor locations (excluding at home of course), if that is the way for us to get out of lockdown and back into our fav RnT and brothels ?

I'm asking cos it seems there are lots of ppl who are against the wearing of masks. At my workplace alone unless the boss is looking, 40% of them simply refuse to wear the mask. They do not have any disability and their reasons are they don't like the feeling, simple as that.

Let's be honest, nobody likes wearing a mask. But in the middle of a pandemic, if that means we can turn the tide against rising infection rates, why won't we do it ? I also don't get why NSW is just poor in terms of mandating mask wearing. All evidence has already shown delta transmits regardless of outdoor and indoor and especially worst in schools, but NSW doesn't have mask mandates for outdoors (unless you are in a hotspot) nor at schools.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Would you mask up at all outdoor and indoor locations (excluding at home of course), if that is the way for us to get out of lockdown and back into our fav RnT and brothels ?

I'm asking cos it seems there are lots of ppl who are against the wearing of masks. At my workplace alone unless the boss is looking, 40% of them simply refuse to wear the mask. They do not have any disability and their reasons are they don't like the feeling, simple as that.

Let's be honest, nobody likes wearing a mask. But in the middle of a pandemic, if that means we can turn the tide against rising infection rates, why won't we do it ? I also don't get why NSW is just poor in terms of mandating mask wearing. All evidence has already shown delta transmits regardless of outdoor and indoor and especially worst in schools, but NSW doesn't have mask mandates for outdoors (unless you are in a hotspot) nor at schools.
    Is more towards people haven't seen the love one and friends catch covid-19 and some die. I have relatives and friends get covid overseas some die or not well after recover. I vax and wear face mask to try to prevent me and family for getting sick/die. If people are that stupid then they can........
    I vax face mask and survive this pandemic and can punt again in future

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Hopefully the availability of the new "Moderna" vac will speed up the process in NSW. Reports are it runs the same as Pfizer.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    I don’t have her & the pk confidentiality. simple as it gets. Even if we reach target of vac. population, it all the depends the cases numbers. Roughly 1-5 daily cases it would at least least lift few restrictions.

Banned

There's nothing stopping anybody from wearing a mask anywhere they want. If it makes them feel better and more protected then good for them.

However, there's no evidence than a simple cloth or the common blue masks when worn in a public setting are any more effective than fresh air. Masks used in a close medical or clinical setting should conform to a regulatory standard, which the blue ones don't. These are Class I devices and manufacturers don't have to comply with any standards. You can wear medical grade mask if you wish but after a while you might find it uncomfortable to breathe with any exertion.

The requirement to wear a mask in a public setting is primarily used as social control device, a sort of badge of compliance if you like. Reinforcing the idea of an emergency (not necessarily a bad thing) and comforting citizens that they are compliant with PHO's. It can also reveal people who are resistant to compliance and marks them out as potential problems. Exerting passive compliance by your peers can be more effective than direct mandate which ultimately requires enforcement.

Don't rely on them for protection, definitely a good idea to maintain your distance of at least 1.5m if conversing with anybody whether they are masked or not.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast