Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Timeline for shops reopening

Senior Member(無間使者)

Timeline for shops reopening

Does anyone remember when parlours and brothels reopened last year? Roughly how many weeks after lifting of restrictions and reopening of retail, cinemas etc was that?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    About 3-4 weeks behind everything else. Although I can't see anything dramatically changing for months at this rate, let alone massage shops and brothels.

Banned
    Unofficially the doors opened almost immediately to the regulars if you know the owners well enough.

I always make a point of saying goodbye nicely to the mamasans before leaving the place.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Quote Originally Posted by DireStraits View Post
    Does anyone remember when parlours and brothels reopened last year? Roughly how many weeks after lifting of restrictions and reopening of retail, cinemas etc was that?
    2-4weeks at least after we reach 0 cases which by the looks of it won't be before another 6 weeks at list. My guess would be not before October. Let's stay hopeful and stop those idiots protesting and ruining everything for us.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Massage Parlour/RnT reopen last year end of may.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Massage Parlour/RnT reopen last year end of may.
    Thanks mate - sounds about right… I just can’t remember anymore… it’s all jumbled up. And I think brothels reopened somewhere in June, or might have been July 🤔

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sleazypeazy View Post
    2-4weeks at least after we reach 0 cases which by the looks of it won't be before another 6 weeks at list. My guess would be not before October. Let's stay hopeful and stop those idiots protesting and ruining everything for us.
    You talking about this year? Yeah, probably. I was actually asking about when shops reopened last year, after they closed in March…

Senior Member(無間使者)
    First we will need to track and trace the in excess of >100 cases which still haven't been linked back to a known outbreak or cluster.

Next we will need to reach zero 'infectious while I'm the community' transmissions, and maintain a clean period of this for around 2-4 weeks.

Only then can we start to think about opening up.

If you look at the way that Taiwan has dealt with its most recent outbreak, NSW is on a similar path. Expect a minimum of another two months here. If we are lucky, we might get out of this in time for the October long weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh...26-p58cyc.html

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Damn. I will need to relocate to Queensland in October for a new job. Hope I get to meet the ladies before I go. I don't think punting scene in Queensland is as colorful as Sydney ☹️

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by MDPorto View Post
    First we will need to track and trace the in excess of >100 cases which still haven't been linked back to a known outbreak or cluster.

Next we will need to reach zero 'infectious while I'm the community' transmissions, and maintain a clean period of this for around 2-4 weeks.

Only then can we start to think about opening up.

If you look at the way that Taiwan has dealt with its most recent outbreak, NSW is on a similar path. Expect a minimum of another two months here. If we are lucky, we might get out of this in time for the October long weekend.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.smh...26-p58cyc.html
    Taiwanese are compliant with their restrictions unlike the people here, so i am not hopeful that it will follow taiwan projectile

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffiz88 View Post
    Damn. I will need to relocate to Queensland in October for a new job. Hope I get to meet the ladies before I go. I don't think punting scene in Queensland is as colorful as Sydney ☹️
    But I can guarantee you'll sweat in every punt there..

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Campsie hit hard. Are the shops still open there?

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffiz88 View Post
    Hope your new job pays more, because you will need it for punting up there

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Hope your new job pays more, because you will need it for punting up there
    No, it doesn't 😭 but I am lucky to have it at this time. If it becomes too expensive then I will just travel to Sydney every fortnight. Luckily my partner has a good paying job so she will stay here till end of this year. So, I still have some chance to enjoy the colourful Sydney

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tpol View Post
    Campsie hit hard. Are the shops still open there?
    Campsie has the same demographic as Auburn and other western burbs. Don't think they will get a lot of testing done there, tbh. This is going to add a lot more "mystery cases" to the stats, I'm afraid!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    This apartment in full lockdown in blacktown apartment. most people live there got infected. The coppa is securing the whole building for 14days to ensure no one allowed to leave.

https://7news.com.au/lifestyle/healt...0Al6rWPGAMRuYY

Banned
    Campsie daily testing is around 1,300 recently and close to 9,500 in the last 7 days out of a population of around 24,000. The testing rate is very high as a result of the many exposure sites in Campsie. All these data can be found in NSW Health website updated daily.

This Delta Variant has a relatively short average incubation period of 5-7 days for very noticeable and serious symptoms so cases will be revealed very soon after infection. With a young lady aged 38 died after infection and many people hospitalized, in ICU and ventilated, people are beginning to listen and learn the severe consequences getting infected. With such short cycle of cases revelation, things can changed dramatically in just a few weeks’ time if most people behave and protect themselves like wearing masks from being infected by a very small minority irresponsible human beings. I feel sorry for the international student who died as she did try to get vaccinated with AstraZenaca knowing that her flatmate is a high risk individual being a student nurse working in a hospital but unfortunately denied by her GP. Hope her GP can sleep well with this tragedy which might be avoided if he reached a different decision.

It is still possible shops can reopen by end of September in the LGAs outside the 4 LGAs currently in hard lockdown including the most popular shops in Surry Hills, Marrickville and Gladesville. Last year, brothels were allowed to reopen at the end of June after appropriately 3-month closure and Massage Parlour about 2-week earlier than brothels.

Punt safe for those who still want to risk a hefty fine and perhaps a higher risk of infection particularly for those not fully vaccinated to go “private” at the height of the pandemic in Sydney.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by james912 View Post
    Taiwanese are compliant with their restrictions unlike the people here, so i am not hopeful that it will follow taiwan projectile
    Agreed - that is the minimum of what we can expect here in terms of getting out of lockdown, as long as we are compliant.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    No need to wait, plenty of shops still open!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by wild_child View Post
    No need to wait, plenty of shops still open!
    With the risk of getting a $1000 fine and/or COVID? Sure. But that’s not what I meant…

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast