Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Timeline for shops reopening

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Fabric over the face does offer a basic filter. But yes, it doesn't do very much, if anything. At the most it slightly reduces the distance that particles will travel in the air when you exhale or sneeze. But it won't filter out virus particles. You need a high rated mask n95 or n98 to really have an effect on that.

Also, most masks that have a high filter rating are only effective at that rating for about half an hour or so.

As the material becomes saturated with moisture and particles from your mouth it stops working properly.

If you're reusing a surgical mask for days, it is no longer effectively filtering virus particles.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Gladys doesn't really have a plan. some sort of plan that may change just means, there isn't a plan, cos she cannot articulate it. And masks are optional.

So 6 million jabs later, and NSW at 40% vaccinated with daily 200 new cases and 100 still running around with masks hanging under their chins while infectious. While other states will just realise they will have no choice but to seal themselves off from NSW else they will keep having NSW cross polluting them. Their economies will recover after they lock NSW out and eventually, we see our ML and WL start migrating too, all this is not good news for us.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Even the CDC says that masks do prevent the spread of covid. Not sure why so many people have views that mask do not prevent the spread of covid.

The case of 2 hair stylist who attended to 140 customers while positive for covid and wore face mask throughout had 0 transmission. This was captured in the CDC study too.

https://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/volumes/69/wr/mm6928e2.htm

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by studsg View Post
    Even the CDC says that masks do prevent the spread of covid. Not sure why so many people have views that mask do not prevent the spread of covid.

The case of 2 hair stylist who attended to 140 customers while positive for covid and wore face mask throughout had 0 transmission. This was captured in the CDC study too.

Because people are stupid and try to be clever. Just like now about vax. We can see most hospitalisation and dead now are unvaccinated. As they say you can bring a horse to the water but you can get it to drink.

Banned

It's not a "view". It's an analysis based upon evidence from a controlled trial, not a random event which the CDC has dressed up to publish in the hope it will support the decisions of the politicians involved. The CDC is not unknown for this behaviour.

In fact 35 of the customers didn't even know what type of mask was worn, a really scientific study!

I prefer to believe a proper trial:-

https://backend.orbit.dtu.dk/ws/port...200363_web.pdf

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    It's not a "view". It's an analysis based upon evidence from a controlled trial, not a random event which the CDC has dressed up to publish in the hope it will support the decisions of the politicians involved. The CDC is not unknown for this behaviour.

In fact 35 of the customers didn't even know what type of mask was worn, a really scientific study!

I prefer to believe a proper trial:-

https://backend.orbit.dtu.dk/ws/port...200363_web.pdf
    That Danish university research paper was funded by an individual so I wouldn't buy that paper even if it was free. And it had the wrong information saying that the Danish Health Authority does not recommend the use of face masks in the community. Which a quick check with the Danish Health Authority website proves otherwise.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...ion/face-masks

I rather follow the guidelines of well established organisations like the CDC than some random paper.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Gladys doesn't really have a plan. some sort of plan that may change just means, there isn't a plan, cos she cannot articulate it. And masks are optional.

So 6 million jabs later, and NSW at 40% vaccinated with daily 200 new cases and 100 still running around with masks hanging under their chins while infectious. While other states will just realise they will have no choice but to seal themselves off from NSW else they will keep having NSW cross polluting them. Their economies will recover after they lock NSW out and eventually, we see our ML and WL start migrating too, all this is not good news for us.
    Remember scomo and nsw government was yapping about the gold standard now we are fuck up gold standard. Some wl/ml might go home as staying in Sydney is expensive as some have. With no new stocks price will go up and we get what is left is limited stocks. No much help from Australian returns from overseas. With our problem with China new stocks maybe in future after covid I think will be less.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Climax598 View Post
    Remember scomo and nsw government was yapping about the gold standard now we are fuck up gold standard. Some wl/ml might go home as staying in Sydney is expensive as some have. With no new stocks price will go up and we get what is left is limited stocks. No much help from Australian returns from overseas. With our problem with China new stocks maybe in future after covid I think will be less.
    If they did their 2 jobs better at quarantine (proper facilities instead of hotels without proper quarantine ventilation) and vaccines, the 10 million Pfizer order was just not gonna cut it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...nted/100358798

Now we are stuck with months on months of separation from our favourite ML and WL. Without new stock, even existing stock will go away when there is no way they can operate "legitimately" and make a living here.

"Gold Standard" indeed.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    If they did their 2 jobs better at quarantine (proper facilities instead of hotels without proper quarantine ventilation) and vaccines, the 10 million Pfizer order was just not gonna cut it.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-08-...nted/100358798

Now we are stuck with months on months of separation from our favourite ML and WL. Without new stock, even existing stock will go away when there is no way they can operate "legitimately" and make a living here.

"Gold Standard" indeed.
    Well it may seem we have been let down. But if you look at things broader terms we are still doing much better than many countries. The US and UK are open now but they had too many covid related deaths which is 1900 per million people. While Australia had 36 deaths per million. We have not done so bad with the economy also. We in Sydney have been lucky and for most of us last lockdown was May last year. Between May 2020 and June 2021 we were open except for the Avalon cluster. The only mistake is we were not prepared for the delta variant. At least when Victoria was in lockdown some months back we should have acted earlier.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by manpower08 View Post
    The only gold standard is gold standard up the arse.
    Careful now... some bros here are fans of Randwick massage with specials up the arse. They might just get excited

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    [QUOTE=One23Four;2239685]
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If you knew my background you wouldn't be saying that....

I am interested to know what Vader’s background is but my belief is that when will the restrictions be uplifted and the shops be allowed to reopen is anybody’s guess now without any degree of certainty. Even the Premier herself, the Health Minister and the CMO have no idea as to the timing of the restrictions uplift atm. It is not just a matter of public health but impact on the economy, mental health of people in isolation and the public’s objections on prolonging the lockdown. I am not as pessimistic as others predicting that shops will only be allowed to reopen in December, my guess is that it will be much earlier though discreetly via PHO like June last year. If the sex industry can talk to the government to entertain customers vaccinated with at least one dose of AZ or Pfizer, shops will be allowed to reopen even much earlier.

Get vaccinated and we can punt legally and safely instead of risking fines and infection going “private”.
    Happy to catch up with anyone for a beer anytime and I will tell you my background.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnisfun1969 View Post
    Well it may seem we have been let down. But if you look at things broader terms we are still doing much better than many countries. The US and UK are open now but they had too many covid related deaths which is 1900 per million people. While Australia had 36 deaths per million. We have not done so bad with the economy also. We in Sydney have been lucky and for most of us last lockdown was May last year. Between May 2020 and June 2021 we were open except for the Avalon cluster. The only mistake is we were not prepared for the delta variant. At least when Victoria was in lockdown some months back we should have acted earlier.
    Lol Scomo and Gladys Gold Standard. Now darling Delta 😍 is moving to regional nsw. Even getting new vaccine modena approved take a few months while US/UK/Europe have be using it for more than 6 months. Are our OZ genes different from the other countries. Our leader are too relex and comfortable. Remember is not a race. Now Their ass on fire now Gold standard Gladys say is a race.
    This Scomo is too marketing without doing much.

Banned
    That Danish university research paper was funded by an individual so I wouldn't buy that paper even if it was free. And it had the wrong information saying that the Danish Health Authority does not recommend the use of face masks in the community. Which a quick check with the Danish Health Authority website proves otherwise.

https://www.sst.dk/en/english/corona...ion/face-masks

I rather follow the guidelines of well established organisations like the CDC than some random paper.
    Face masks are only recommended in Denmark, and only mandated at the airport and while standing up when using public transportation. A very narrow field of use. That's got to tell you something!

Regardless of how the study came about, the Danish University research paper "funded by an individual" you appear to imply is worthless but a "study" at one event at a hairdresser is viewed as definitive. This wasn't about a case for not wearing masks, it was simply not to trust the ones that govt is fond of telling us is so critical. It really wasn't the point of the comment anyway. Studies on the value of masks in a public setting aren't likely to ever be conducted, their results simply wont fit the narrative of any govt.

You're quite welcome to wear a mask wherever, whenever you want, so is everyone else but I'm certainly not going to depend on any mask that doesn't have the filtration capability required to reduce transmission.

Banned
    I would be happy just to get a haircut.....

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼) the_boss_king's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by warwick1 View Post
    I would be happy just to get a haircut.....
    i gave up on waiting for hairdresser to open. i bought clippers and cut my own hair.
    not bad actually. but youll need help with the back if you dont have good mirrors

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234