Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Breaking NEWS:NSW lockdown extend another 4 weeks

Baby Member(留言版初哥)

Breaking NEWS:NSW lockdown extend another 4 weeks

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIT!

https://www.news.com.au/national/bre...af69d62a91dfbc

NSW's crisis cabinet is reportedly considering a four-week extension of lockdown, which would take the stay-at-home orders into late August.

A significant extension of the lockdown is set to be announced by Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Wednesday, and a four-week extension is one of the options being considered, according to several media reports on Tuesday evening.

It comes after NSW recorded 172 new cases today, the highest so far during the current outbreak.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Still being finalized, we don't know exactly the shape or form it's going to be until tomorrow. I'm guessing they will extend it, but they might loosen the restrictions significantly for some parts of greater Sydney that are not affected as badly, like northern beaches area or the North shore. They'll try to do that in any area they can, to milk as much economic activity from those remaining areas.
    CBD probably cannot escape it, unfortunately.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    Still being finalized, we don't know exactly the shape or form it's going to be until tomorrow. I'm guessing they will extend it, but they might loosen the restrictions significantly for some parts of greater Sydney that are not affected as badly, like northern beaches area or the North shore. They'll try to do that in any area they can, to milk as much economic activity from those remaining areas.
    CBD probably cannot escape it, unfortunately.
    Coles at Warringah Wall has been identified as a casual contact exposure site. I doubt the Northern Beaches will escape now. It's been relatively free up to now save a couple of exposure sites at Belrose. The technology park up the road has a lot of workers from all over Sydney and the closest shopping centre is at Belrose. It was only a matter of time before Warringah Mall was visited.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    We will probably get 4 weeks. I think the cases are increasing quite fast.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It was predicted in this very forum weeks ago. We live in interesting times.

Another 4 weeks of blue balls. God damn it.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hhammer33 View Post
    Lucky we had that protest …

In all seriousness though it’s pretty ridiculous the construction industry will not continue the lockdown while other industries are
    While I am not expert, I think govt's preferred industry for economic recovery is construction industry, be it house or roads. May be that's why govt don't want to mess with them much.

I heard as much as 3500 notices will be issued for the protest. So, in my mind, we are bound to see atleast 3000 more cases.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Rip.

I guess people can't just sit still for a week or two.

And now this happens. Lol

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Parramatta LGA is now affected… most likely thanks to that 50 person gathering in Pendle Hill … still yet to feel the aftermath of Saturday’s protest but surely that will contribute

Senior Member(無間使者) massage addict's Avatar
    I don't know if I can take another 4 weeks without a massage. God dam it! Just hoping at the end this 4 weeks we open up again.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Another month is too long. Dam it. Need to figure a way with the private

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Don't do it. Think with brain, not dick.
    At this moment anyone can have it or pass it. Good private areas already declared hotspot. Plus today during briefing they said coppers will be making random visit in hotspot household.
    Just make love with your hand or Gestapo for a change. If we all do the right thing, hopefully we will be able put it behind us faster.
    P.S. no guarantee provided. 😝

Senior Member(無間使者)
    haha nice now they following what vic did before adding the adff. could of done it long time ago. sigh

https://apple.news/ArB1Zk9yySdieRADYmvGVnQ

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raffiz88 View Post
    Don't do it. Think with brain, not dick.
    At this moment anyone can have it or pass it. Good private areas already declared hotspot. Plus today during briefing they said coppers will be making random visit in hotspot household.
    Just make love with your hand or Gestapo for a change. If we all do the right thing, hopefully we will be able put it behind us faster.
    P.S. no guarantee provided. 😝
    I'll have to admit, blue balls is also clouding my judgement. I don't think I can hold it much longer!!

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Oh ffs this is out of control, they are are bringing in the army now cause they called it state of emergency and there will be another protest this weekend .

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Omg. I was missing visiting my country, as I have not been there for over 2 years. But now it feels like I am back in my country.
    People not listening, doing protest for no logical reason, army out to control the people ..... Sigh.

ABC news radio update:

"Public compliance with the health orders has gone up from 40% to 60% in the last two weeks.

Professor Prokopenko from the universty of NSW estimated between 25 and 30 per cent of Sydney's population were essential workers who had to remain out and about.

Adding those to the 60 per cent currently complying with restrictions left a further 10 to 15 per cent who were not complying.

His model shows at 70 per cent of the population complying with social distancing, and a steady vaccination rate of three per cent a week, it would get case numbers below ten in 45 days.

That would see the lockdown lasting until September 12."

That still leaves us with 10 infectious wandering the community six long weeks from now. And it all only started with only 1 - the limo driver*. So are we in lockdown until the end of the year and 80% vacc?

It will cost an absolute fortune.

*I wonder how that stupid ***t is feeling now, especially with the deaths.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    ABC news radio update:

"Public compliance with the health orders has gone up from 40% to 60% in the last two weeks.

Professor Prokopenko from the universty of NSW estimated between 25 and 30 per cent of Sydney's population were essential workers who had to remain out and about.

Adding those to the 60 per cent currently complying with restrictions left a further 10 to 15 per cent who were not complying.

His model shows at 70 per cent of the population complying with social distancing, and a steady vaccination rate of three per cent a week, it would get case numbers below ten in 45 days.

That still leaves us with 10 infectious wandering the community six long weeks from now. And it all only started with only 1 - the limo driver*. So are we in lockdown until the end of the year and 80% vacc?

He won't give a rats as he was complying with the law. Hazzard is the problem.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    ABC news radio update:

This is the same Professor who predicted that Sydney will be out of lockdown in September following the same experience of the Delta Outbreak in Taiwan now in total control provided that a great majority of NSW residents behave and follow the PHO.

With the ADF now engaged to help with compliance and harsher restrictions, dramatic changes in situations can be possible within weeks.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by One23Four View Post
    This is the same Professor who predicted that Sydney will be out of lockdown in September following the same experience of the Delta Outbreak in Taiwan now in total control provided that a great majority of NSW residents behave and follow the PHO.

With the ADF now engaged to help with compliance and harsher restrictions, dramatic changes in situations can be possible within weeks.
    I doubt it although I would like it to.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast