Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $750/week Disaster Payment (yay/nay)?

Money for nothing is ok, but not nearly as good as earning a lot more by working if not for the lockdown. Plus all the other benefits of engaging with the world that working brings.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by rooter View Post
    Money for nothin'. Can't argue with that.
    But are the chicks for free?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    Sorry, rather than look at an "official" site I prefer to look at an official "official" site for govt statistics as per this link:-

https://coronavirus.data.gov.uk/details/vaccinations

Unless you think the govt is telling porkies, that is!
    The UK population is 66 million, they have administered 37 million 2nd doses (fully vaccinated) .. You do the maths...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by dannyboy View Post
    The UK population is 66 million, they have administered 37 million 2nd doses (fully vaccinated) .. You do the maths...
    It's not about population. It's about those that are able to take the vaccine.

I think the UK govt website is more to be trusted than a bunch of people touting for funds by donation using real world problems to induce people into supporting their intellectual lifestyles.

Just a "charity" that appears to compile data and publish it on a fancy web page. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that. Oh yes, that's right, I'm not an intellectual, bummer.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    It's not about population. It's about those that are able to take the vaccine.

I think the UK govt website is more to be trusted than a bunch of people touting for funds by donation using real world problems to induce people into supporting their intellectual lifestyles.

Just a "charity" that appears to compile data and publish it on a fancy web page. Brilliant! Why didn't I think of that. Oh yes, that's right, I'm not an intellectual, bummer.
    You definitely aren't an intellectual

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Even when we get our vaccination rates up to the same levels as some other countries around the world (mainly UK and US) - and then we still get 1000s of new transmissions daily once the shackles are off, do we really trust these idiots in State Parliaments across the country not to lockdown again in panic and also hard close borders? I certainly don't - again they aren't real leaders. They've show time and time again via National Cabinet that they don't care what mandates may be made or suggested at the Federal level and they are in it to protect their own interests.

If NSW is truly the 'gold standard' for managing this pandemic - then how about we stop this fear mongering at the 11am press conferences every day (is that really all they do each day - write the fear script in preparation for the 11am PC) and realise that we are not going to 'zero'. What is our plan to co-exist with this? Get on with it Gladys !! The economy of our city & state cannot stay in lockdown any longer than the 28th August. You've got one month...
    US reporting 50k cases a day but they have lifted these government mandated lock downs. True that 11 am briefs are scaring and intimidating tactics used for mass vaccination…. Not sure why vaccine passports and vaccine for young children is now being pushed and nsw health minister using threatening tone for those taking time to make informed decisions on should they receive vaccine. Democracy or autocracy… now military will be added in to check on mask, seriously?? Everyone sane person knows self preservation… it’s kindergarten knowledge to stay away from infection and infected. Now bros don’t jump in calling me anti vaccine or anti mask… I am neither… but dynamics and way the tone changes it’s evident that a new form of slavery is being rolled out.

Banned
    I think they said the ADF are being used to check on the quarantining positives and close contacts not masks. They have no power to issue fines.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    I think they said the ADF are being used to check on the quarantining positives and close contacts not masks. They have no power to issue fines.
    Police and ADF are doing joint check together so ADF is only assisting. Fine/arrest are issues by police.

99 King Member (帝皇會員) GoldfishMan's Avatar
    It's the ADF. I'd be more worried about bullets than fines!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    So if our various governments follow this philosophy (they often do) then getting back to "normal" and freedom from restrictions is years away, if ever.
    Oh. Absolutely. Especially when it comes to international traveling, into and out of Aus.
    The best scenerio for the next 1-2 yrs even with a majority of aussies having the vax is not having to lockdown the entire state for 50-100~ cases.
    I cannot imagine big spreader events going ahead if the country has significant cases even in 2 yrs, but i feel in general we will return to how it was just before this lockdown, even with 50-100 in the country cases. It won't spread quite as easily and you'll definitely have less people in hospital.
    In the event of a significant transmission risk event you might see short sharp restrictions for areas or activities.

Personally I think masks on public transport and indoor waiting rooms with alot of people should remain indefinitely, but aussies hate masks even though its the lowest cost/effort tool we have.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    It is quite curious than some concern was raised by reporters around the optics of having a visible military presence on the streets, but why do they have to be in obvious uniform. It's enough to have the police armed to the teeth without that.

Might have made more sense to have relaxed the uniform into something more acceptable (police as well) to show a more conciliatory approach. It seems the only thing they know how to do is to intimidate and keep the fear going.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    why do we need to be scared if there are enforcement in our streets? they just doing their job for idiots doing the wrong thing. Should have done it from the start. See how strict vic they were, cases got down dramatically for tackling the people doing the wrong thing. Hope this extended lockdown will end there.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by suka02 View Post
    why do we need to be scared if there are enforcement in our streets? they just doing their job for idiots doing the wrong thing. Should have done it from the start. See how strict vic they were, cases got down dramatically for tackling the people doing the wrong thing. Hope this extended lockdown will end there.
    You can't predict how people will feel when there's a highly visible police and/or military presence. Govt is always asking the community to "go with them", but not everybody believes or trust the govt. Some people just don't give a rats anyway and do what they want.

If you're talking about Vics recent lockdown, it was suppressed quickly but not by enforcement. Low "mystery" cases, up to 30 or so are well within the capacity of contact tracers to track things down, there were 22,000 people in isolation. When you get up to 50+ it reaches the point where the capacity of respondents is exceeded. Getting close to 100+ means you've lost it and it'll take a couple of months, probably more, to stem the flow.

If you're referencing the big lockdown in Vic last year, that took almost 4 months to fix.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    You can't predict how people will feel when there's a highly visible police and/or military presence. Govt is always asking the community to "go with them", but not everybody believes or trust the govt. Some people just don't give a rats anyway and do what they want.

If you're talking about Vics recent lockdown, it was suppressed quickly but not by enforcement. Low "mystery" cases, up to 30 or so are well within the capacity of contact tracers to track things down, there were 22,000 people in isolation. When you get up to 50+ it reaches the point where the capacity of respondents is exceeded. Getting close to 100+ means you've lost it and it'll take a couple of months, probably more, to stem the flow.

If you're referencing the big lockdown in Vic last year, that took almost 4 months to fix.
    What has this got to do with payments?

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by randomusernam2020 View Post
    NSW.. payments and police are synonymous
    Synonymous with most people worldwide scoop

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    What has this got to do with payments?
    Why don't you ask the same question of suka02 and others that posted similarly? I was only commenting on his post!

This thread went off the rails at post #9 to which you commented on at post #10 if you care to regress.

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldfishMan View Post
    I'm sure china is willing to send us 1 million pla soldiers to help us out

Senior Member(無間使者)
    having said that having enforcement in our streets that give us disaster payment extra 150. That what is in for. Could we keep up the next 4 weeks or further? i’m sure if after 4 weeks isn’t over, too many will be furious. We would have lack of movement until everything is stabilise again.

I've been so self-reliant for so long that getting this business grant, which has just come through, makes me feel a little ill. Not much pleasure in it. The only thing the grant beats however, is the alternative..

But I have a conscience about saddling the country with so much debt which I'm adding to.

Pretty lucky we are to be citizens here, the nation does its best to help.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    I've been so self-reliant for so long that getting this business grant, which has just come through, makes me feel a little ill. Not much pleasure in it. The only thing the grant beats however, is the alternative..

But I have a conscience about saddling the country with so much debt which I'm adding to.

Pretty lucky we are to be citizens here, the nation does its best to help.
    I was saying the same thing yesterday. I've never been on the dole or got any sort of benefits or insurance so didn't really like taking it.

The guy I was talking to said just look at it as a tax refund.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast