Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Vaxveria: AstraZeneca's vaccine against COVID-19

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by adahar View Post
    By what measure of logic do you decide that you are qualified to decide what...
    Hah, nice. Nope.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggurat View Post
    I got a call from my medical centre today telling me I was booked in for wednesday week for my second AZ dose "but we have an opening for tomorrow if you can make it in."

I paused, and waited for them to inform me that "however, if you have it tomorrow instead of next week your resulting immunity will be 25% less."

No such information was offered. It's a medical center, how about you giving me vital medical advice instead of relying on me being better informed than you are?
    I sure the reason is, because the risk of catching Delta is higher and even with two doses ( with less efficiency)
    You better at not been hospitalised than if u had only one dose

Senior Member(無間使者)
    https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/co...ine-comparison

A recent write up about all of the current vaccines and how they work + how effective they are in clinical trials VS real world situations.

AZ is supposedly 93% effective at preventing hospitalisation after 2 doses. And 60% at stopping symptomatic disease (for the Delta variant).

It is not quite as good as Pfizer against Delta - 96% at preventing hospitalisation vs 88% at stopping symptomatic disease.

In short, both Pfizer and AZ are still extremely good at preventing hospitalisation and the severe symptoms of COVID. But Pfizer is a bit better at completely preventing symptoms.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Imagine

"You can punt if you're vaccinated"

We'd run out of AZ.

Senior Member(無間使者)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nabz View Post
    Imagine

"You can punt if you're vaccinated"

We'd run out of AZ.
    Why can't we have you as PM?!?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234