Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Legit Massage places open?

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Not many people know this, but Medicare covers your first 5 visits ( per financial year) to the physio for remedial massage... Hope this helps. Cheers.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by BadDog1980 View Post
    Not many people know this, but Medicare covers your first 5 visits ( per financial year) to the physio for remedial massage... Hope this helps. Cheers.
    It's not that simple. I believe you have to go through your GP to get it.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnice1234 View Post
    Is it true that if a shop provides remedial massage ONLY, they could operate?

I managed to find one near me. But want to make sure that no police will randomly bust in while im getting a massage lol
    Ring the Police help line and ask them if the shop is OK first.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    Ring the Police help line and ask them if the shop is OK first.
    If you check out the NSW Health covid orders you will see that massage shops are not to open. physios etc are a different kettle of fish

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vader View Post
    If you check out the NSW Health covid orders you will see that massage shops are not to open. physios etc are a different kettle of fish
    And if you read back through the posts, it seems some "massage shops" are indeed open. That is why I suggested getting an official opinion as to whether they are legal.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by aussiegaigin View Post
    And if you read back through the posts, it seems some "massage shops" are indeed open. That is why I suggested getting an official opinion as to whether they are legal.
    They cannot legally open, as I said read the PHO it is clearly written there.

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Only places that are aphra registered are allowed open

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    Only places that are aphra registered are allowed open
    Read the Public Health Orders, if you can't then go to specsavers.........................

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Read the Public Health Orders, if you can't then go to specsavers.........................
    NSW Health confirmed a day or 2 after lockdowns started that 'massage parlours' did not include qualified remedial massage therapists.
    Remedial massage is classified under health services so they can remain open for remedial massage. Swedish massage is not meant to be allowed but I would guess that some are still providing it and invoicing it as a remedial massage. They may have to be registered as mentioned above but I do not know the full details. It is allowed and legitimate massage shops have not been shut down as long as they follow covid safe practices.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Any shop which can offer health fund rebates would be considered legit for this purpose..

Quote Originally Posted by wachumba View Post
    NSW Health confirmed a day or 2 after lockdowns started that 'massage parlours' did not include qualified remedial massage therapists.
    Remedial massage is classified under health services so they can remain open for remedial massage. Swedish massage is not meant to be allowed but I would guess that some are still providing it and invoicing it as a remedial massage. They may have to be registered as mentioned above but I do not know the full details. It is allowed and legitimate massage shops have not been shut down as long as they follow covid safe practices.
    So there Vader, put that in your pipe and smoke it!

Baby Member(留言版初哥)
    Yes you should go to specsavers. No wonder we are in this crap when people only half read shit.

Junior Member(有D料到)
    Called the gov
    Confirmed that if the shop has certificate that they are registered to professionally provide remedial massage, they can open. That is why some massage places in the CBD are open and publicly display this on their website

Went to one today and she had booking throughout the day.

99 King Member (帝皇會員)
    Quote Originally Posted by asgard View Post
    Yes you should go to specsavers. No wonder we are in this crap when people only half read shit.
    Trying to read and understand some PHOs, you need a lawyer, not specs.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by wachumba View Post
    Well the Health Dept told me again last week again they couldn't open as I normally went once {qualified and registered}a week before the lockdowns. I go to a physio for a massage as the gov subsidies it. I can only repeat what I am told.

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrnice1234 View Post
    Called the gov
    Confirmed that if the shop has certificate that they are registered to professionally provide remedial massage, they can open. That is why some massage places in the CBD are open and publicly display this on their website

Went to one today and she had booking throughout the day.
    Can you point me in the direction of one of those websites please?

Here's a link to a legit place, seems like they're still open.

https://www.stevendottori.com/

Sent from my GM1910 using Tapatalk

Super Fans (忠實Fans)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riff888 View Post

Thanks Riff but I would like to see a website like the OP said that is quotes the Health Dept Rules that they can open. When I called the Health Dept they said that they couldn't open. I would just like to know so that I don't give incorrect info

99 King Member (帝皇會員)

The website states:
    Remedial massage health insurance rebates are available and HICAPS is offered for your convenience.

That seems to indicate he would be allowed to open?

Loyalty Member(超級無聊鬼)

Go and look at his qualifications more like a Doctor of traditional medicine not the type we are into. This can be group under chiropractor/chinese traditional medicine/physiotherapy/medical Doctor are registered under NSW Health act. I think someone have say that during last year lockdown

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast